Northeast States, maybe some Canada

So. I know there are a lot of people in the Pennsylvania/Ohio/Michigan/New York/Virgina/other northeastern states that I missed/Toronto area of Canada.

@Hhaos and I were talking since he came back from dormancy and we came up with the great idea of meeting up with some of the people we know and everyone else that we don't know, but would like to know. We don't have a date in mind, as of yet, but the location might be Pittsburgh or somewhere else in that relative area. (Who doesn't like Kennywood or the Carnegie Science Centre? [Don't answer that.]) 

Is anyone possibly interested? (Also, name dropping a few people that I know live in the areas I mentioned.)

@Tyamat, @Kei, @Xer, @Valkyre...

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    You want a meet and you don't drop my name? I'm insulted maybe not really.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Pfft. She forgot me too, bro. Sounds like we're gonna have to have our own meet, with blackjack... and hookers.
  • Jonathin said:
    You want a meet and you don't drop my name? I'm insulted maybe not really.
    Daslin said:
    Pfft. She forgot me too, bro. Sounds like we're gonna have to have our own meet, with blackjack... and hookers.

It's not that I forgot. I wasn't staring at Skype or Facebook when I wrote this. @Hhaos wouldn't let me sober up to post this so I could remember who was who. :(

• I'd probably be up for something in PA/MD, not sure I can afford to travel any farther than that, however.

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    Maybe if I can convince @Riley‌ to go too?

oh And get notice so I know how much to save.
    Lachlan and I have driven that far or farther for 2 days of fun. Depending on the date, we might be able to make the drive. I stress might because I really can't speak for my better half.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I'd be down for MD/DC/VA/possibly PA. Sounds like you're aiming for further north than that, but figured I'd throw it out there!
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I live in NE, but doubt I'd have the spare time, funds, and energy.
  • Me and someone else tried to get a nj/de/Md meet a bit ago
    edited November 2014
    I talked to Lachlan and she's up for going to a meet. I didn't ask her about going as far as the ocean, but she said that she was good with Pittsburgh. It also depends on the date because she would have to have a couple days off, but as long as we have a day(s) set in stone in a few months (preferably after the snow) they can probably be taken off.
  • So weary of DC meets. Make one in NYC
  • It'll most likely be sometime after the snow, the roads keep becoming nothing more than a large sheet of ice each time there's lake effect snow here. (At least, when I want to make it to work on time.)

I'm waiting on @Hhaos to confirm or deny this, as it was his idea, but I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I find out or he decides to post here. :)

I feel like whenever I post in a thread about meets, it dies.

The only exception is the thread that was admin-made.
  • I feel the same way, which is why I normally don't post. :P 

• edited December 2014
    Meets are fun! But right now my finances and free time are so devoured by other plans that I won't be able to commit to anything, especially if it keeps drifting further from Michigan, which is the best of all states. 

Want meet... But.. Spend on credits.. Ooh globes.. So shiny.
    Ok so for the people who would have to travel a distance, this wouldn't happen for a few months yet. Are people good with sometime in spring (Late March-Early May)?
  • Depending, I might. Depends on who all is coming, I guess. If that Mosr asshole comes again forget it.

• We don't have a definite list, but it will be @Hhaos and I.. that's for certain. @Daslin might be too offended to show up, so I'm just going to name drop him here shamelessly in an attempt to convince him otherwise..

And Late March-Early May might be a better time than somewhat sooner. Locations are still being decided and mulled over, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to throw them into the brainstorming mix.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    All depends on if I have a working car, or like, have a ride, or something. Who even knows. I may just go do some blow and punch hookers, like any good Ohioan.
  • Daslin said:
    All depends on if I have a working car, or like, have a ride, or something. Who even knows. I may just go do some blow and punch hookers, like any good Ohioan.
    I could come pick you up. You're not that far from me!

I like the sound of Pittsburgh. Safely not a billion miles away. Anything ending up over 9 hours puts me out of being able to attend. :( an I really wanna make it to one
    edited December 2014
    Pittsburgh is pretty much as far as I like to drive in one shot, as it's 6 hours from me. I'm just going to tentatively say Mid-May so that we have a more definitive idea. Does anyone know if there is anything going on then? I've never actually been there, so I don't know if they have festivals or renfests or some shit like that.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    I'm definitely in if we settle on Pittsburgh. 
  • Pittsburgh has a few things going on, though not all of them are free.

There's the annual Pittsburgh Marathon on the 3rd of May, St. Nick's Greek Food Festival on the 4th to the 10th, Pittsburgh Wine Festival on the 8th at Heinz Field (though tickets are extremely expensive so don't get your hopes up if you're a wine junkie, plus its just tasting), Pittsburgh International Children's Festival (tickets are only 5 dollars) and that's from the 14th to the 18th.

you had my attention at Greek food and wine.... mostly the greek food.
  • edited December 2014
    -raise hand- I'd like to go too! Though I'm in Ontario and waiting for the snow to clear up sounds great. That and @Kerria that greek food thing totally sounds amazing :smile: 
  • I'm in philadelphia, I'd come to pitt for a weekend. Does northside still close at 530 :/

• Honestly, I have no idea if it still does, I could find out if I really wanted to, though.. And Greek food is amaaaaazing. Om nom. So.. Somewhere around the 4th through 10th of May, then?

• I'm just gonna slide in here and bump this thread, because why not.