What Are You Thankful For In Achaea in 2014?

KayeilKayeil Washington State
In America today it's the holiday of Thanksgiving, and though we may be thankful for our families and friends and many other things in our real lives, I was wondering what everyone might be thankful for in Achaea this year.

This year I am most thankful for @Kadin‌. Meeting him was a huge turn around for me both IC and OOC in a really bad year, and he has been very positive and amazing. I wouldn't even know where to begin, he's done so many small and large things that have been great, and I'm looking forward to whatever comes next for both of us.

I am also super grateful for my small group of very close and fantastic friends. They know who they are, and they have always been there for me. Achaea is definitely a great place to form long lasting bonds, even if they are over large distances.

This list wouldn't be complete without mentioning how thankful I am to have Lady @Pandora‌ as my Patron. Without House or city I have found my Achaea family in Her Order, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I enjoy Her sense of humour and Her wild ideas and plots. She can be a great friend when needed, and She's an amazing Divine to follow. She also put on an amazing wedding for Kadin and I. I knew it would be amazing, but I had no idea just how amazing she could make it be, and it's something we'll both always cherish and remember fondly.

I'd also like to thank all of the people behind the scenes, the admins and volunteers, for making Achaea what it is and for keeping it going. In a high tech world where graphics may seem king, this game still lasts and allows us to really use our imaginations to make a highly player driven world.
What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Shirszae, @Amarillys for being awesome company.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    This year I'm grateful for so many different Achaea-related things and people:

@Kaie for continuing to be the best IC husband and OOC partner in crime I could ever have hoped for.

@Achirmst for his steadfast friendship. Whatever rants I may have melt away like a snowman in 80 degree temps when he's around cracking "Hot" quips. He was the perfect person to inherit the Curia because he's truly been a balancing force in Bluef's life. 

Without getting into a huge list of IC names, I'm also thankful for several players who I've met, spoken to, and interacted with IC and OOCly through P9, Taverns, Shamans, Rogues and Wanderers, Guardians of Moghedu, and Keepers of the Song, who have made this year of gameplay so much more interesting and enjoyable.

I'm also thankful for my Order and people like @Darktalon, @Ashavarti and @Samakhulis who are always fun to be around. We inspire each other IC and I think that's the best thing an Order of Dreams could ever do. @Valnurana continues to be a mainstay in Bluef's life and for the initial inclusion in Her flock, and continued support, I will always be grateful.

Finally, I want to thank @Tecton, @Makarios, @Edrak and whoever else had a hand in bringing Spiritlore to Achaea. It's a long-held dream come true.  

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! 
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    My textfamily, because they're all slightly, if not more, crazy on the inside. Except this two, they are crazy on the outside...

My textkids, they are all so supportive and helpful. @Drakon‌ for being the best kid ever too.

and finally I am thankful for @Riley‌ who has stepped up to being K's best friend. He has also been teaching her that she doesn't need to work so hard.

oh, and Cyrene. I'm thankful for the city and her people because without them I would not have a place in Achaea that I feel comfortable.
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    I thank Eleusis for putting up with me being the Minister of Trade since I first started sometime last year. 
    @Ravien for throwing things at the shop when I run and allowing me to run it.
    @Minxie for letting me work East Zone and @Lannah for taking over when I felt my electrical work wouldn't allow me to do all of my Achaea responsibilities.
    Everyone who helped Trade as aides and otherwise and everyone who helped in the group hunts.
    The denizens who got in my way to becoming dragon after 270 ig years.
    The Admin for maintaining Achaea and the crew who put it all together.

@Parnashri for being an amazing fiancee. Still not sure what I ever did to deserve someone like you and hope it continues for years to come.

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    edited November 2014
    I am thankful for...

@Davio,(seriously one of the reasons I stay in Targ), @Jarrol (awesome ig son), @Aegoth (you know why) @Aodfionn (awesome sauce person who even though we fight all the time you mean a ton to me), @Kendrick(you are a good friend and inspiring),  @Deucalion‌ (my chosen divine.down me care and  I thank you for it.) , @Dairune(you are literally one of the only people who keeps Caoi same at times), @Trilliana (good and a great friend), @Iskla ( because you are awesome) @Cadarus (moral support. Combat and a bazillion other things), @Ruca, @Achimrst‌ (helping me get on the path I am on today) , @Sunny ( bein a good friend), @Orzaansyn (yes even you), @Tharvis (even after your betrayal), @Bluef ( same as achimrst  cuz you are my auntie ig), @Aelios (for teaching me quite a bit and making me the kick ass monk I am today.), Targossas in general. <3 . @Admins and all the people behind the scenes. There are others I am sure but I can't think of them right now.

• I am so so thankful for Mhaldor and all of the insanely fun and creative people who work so hard to continue to see the city thrive even with small numbers. Everyone there has exceeded what I thought I would find there when I came over. And oOCLY the community is equally as awesome. 
    My interactions outside of Mhaldorians has been mostly positive and I am so glad to have found such a really awesome community of gamers who just allow their imaginations to create an experience I did not expect to find when I made the MUD switchover.
    Achaeans far and wide are such an enjoyable group. The staff is also stellar!
    As a whole you all won my heart over big time.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    edited November 2014
    People. Places. Things. I'm thankful for them all.

I'm also bad at speaking things, so if you think I'm thankful for you, go ahead and feel good.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I am thankful for the bunch of people in Achaea who has continued to make playing the game fun.

Whether or not they are unnecessary or avoidable, I really struggled a little at times as Tyrannus this year to keep the atmosphere in Mhaldor as fun as I could for all, and that goes the same for people who interact with Mhaldor and her citizens as well. There have been many people who have helped to offload some responsibility on my shoulders and keep me sane by easing the amount of frustration I feel, so I thank you for that.

@Sartan has been an awesome enabler and a scary voice of reason and guidance. Thank you for putting up with my incessant emails and for being so active. Never go away, please!

@Tecton, thank you for this and last month or so of work and guidance on the new Mhaldorian Houses. It has been difficult from the get-go, but your advice often did help in shaping the outline and progression of the organizations. Thank you for putting up with my 2578644753 messages thereafter, bugging you to change this, add that, make this work and fix that. Much appreciated!

I am thankful for the friends and relations that I have made in Achaea that goes beyond the boundaries of the game. You do not know how much I treasure your friendship, even though I may not have physically met some of you. I won't name names because I'll be prone to leaving out a few, but you guys should know who you are. :)

Happy thanksgiving, now go enjoy your turkey or I will steal it.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Daslin said:
    People. Places. Things. I'm thankful for them all.

• SamakhulisSamakhulis Greeley, Colorado
    I'm quite thankful for every time I was quoted on these forums. Except that one time. But that was over two years ago, so it no longer counts.
    Remind me to dig out 1) my two parody contributions and 2) the Colorado 2014 photos! Both threads are gone, and I'm sad.

Star Wars COULD be boring...but it isn't. Here's why I don't tell people that I'm talking with an NPC. Oh, and I never actually met Ethaya, but her comics are absolutely amazing!!

Speaking of rare minerals: Defuperine - That candy coating that you find on the skin of overzealous adventurers who put on so many layers of defenses upon awakening that you wonder how they're able to move afterward.