I'm looking for a friend.

Has anyone seen my bro Obelix online? He used to play with me a lot. He was a level 99, and practically unbeatable. We used to go out and smash the Legate around when we were bored, and then we had the most delicious roast mutton. Heck, I haven't even seen Getafix around. I'm stuck with Cacafonix in Minia, and it's getting unbearable. Any help?

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Never heard of him. Nice M4M advert though.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Google is (mostly) your friend.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Hey guys! I changed my in-game name, but I get to keep this! I am the only one on the forums with a blatantly OOC name. Toodleoo
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Asterix said:
    Hey guys! I changed my in-game name, but I get to keep this! I am the only one on the forums with a blatantly OOC name. Toodleoo
    You really aren't...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Im curious, is Asterix and Obelix not really a thing in the US? I thought they were pretty universal, like Tintin and Marvel comics and shit.
  • Tibitha said:
    Im curious, is Asterix and Obelix not really a thing in the US? I thought they were pretty universal, like Tintin and Marvel comics and shit.
    A lot of plebs don't know who they are or why they're awesome. Tintin's somewhat in between, mostly because of the movie. I doubt the average American has read either of the comics, sadly.
  • Tibitha said:
    Im curious, is Asterix and Obelix not really a thing in the US? I thought they were pretty universal, like Tintin and Marvel comics and shit.
    They're pretty niche here, yeah. They're known, but not much. Course, Tintin is pretty niche too. Most people know the name but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who has actually read the comics. Neither really compare to Marvel (which has become a universal brand name.) 

• i grew up reading Tintin and Asterix, but my wife only ever heard of Tintin and she's from Canada too.
  • Amarillys said:
    Tibitha said:
    They're pretty niche here, yeah. They're known, but not much. Course, Tintin is pretty niche too. Most people know the name but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who has actually read the comics. Neither really compare to Marvel (which has become a universal brand name.) 
    Yeah, of those, Marvel is the only one close to as universal as shit.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Does this mean that Belgian Iron Man is a thing?
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • OOC-derived name here, and been around longer than anyone!
  • Asterix/Tintin was my childhood. Still have a shelf in my bookcase at my parents place dedicated to the comics haha

• I learned english thanks to Asterix comics!

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Arador said:
    I learned english thanks to Asterix comics!
    Not well enough! (Then again neither did I).

• Hey! I know who Asterix and Obelix are!
    I had these comics in Italian, and they are pretty awesome. I still use some favorite quotes with my brother (we are both beyond 40 years old). 
    Light prevails, always
  • Tharvis said:
    Sarapis said:
    OOC-derived name here, and been around longer than anyone!
    no, no, you had a namechange, Ayar  o:)
    Ayar = A. R. = Asterix Rulez????
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Asterix fan here too (French version). Not a fan of Tintin though.
  • Straight from my childhood (read in Portuguese, then in French). Mentioned it once in these forums to explain why I was used to multiple exclamation and question marks: '!!!??!!?'.
  • Nevermind, these Americans are crazy. *taps side of head*

• How expensive is Astrerix on Kindle tho? Wasn't expecting that. :\