Show Character's Order along with City and House on the character banners

So this is a fairly simple idea, but nonetheless one I've been thinking for a while now. Basically, I think it would be nice if people could choose to display the Order their characters belong to, along with House and City, on their characters banner. Specially so for characters who don't belong to any other such org except for their Order. I would also serve as a further point of interest for new people who see the banners and are interested in that kind of religious roleplay. 

Also, I know some people will immediately object, since for the most part Orders are treated as much more private information than House or City. However, I think this could be resolved by having the option to display Order be disabled by default on the banner. This way people who don't want such information to be displayed won't have to do much of anything to prevent it, while allowing those who would not mind to opt-in on the feature. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited November 2014
    House and City are already there, it seems.

Nvm, I see you're likely saying in addition too. Sorry, extremely tired currently.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Yes, House and City are already displayed. Maybe my phrasing was a bit awkward. What I meant was that it would be nice if Order was also displayed along with those two.

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    And Bardic rank 
  • Wish you could set what was shown (and not have things say "Hidden" or "None" like you're some kind of scrub).
  • Bluef said:
    Wish you could set what was shown (and not have things say "Hidden" or "None" like you're some kind of scrub).
    Scrub

@Tecton @Makarios @Sarapis opinions on this?

• Having never really looked into it, can you configure House and City to show separately, or is it a blanket option for both?
  • Blanket, sadly

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    that would be awkward for like darkwalkers or certain members of the shiftier orders that want to work as spies etc.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    that would be awkward for like darkwalkers or certain members of the shiftier orders that want to work as spies etc.
    Shirszae said:
    Also, I know some people will immediately object, since for the most part Orders are treated as much more private information than House or City. However, I think this could be resolved by having the option to display Order be disabled by default on the banner. This way people who don't want such information to be displayed won't have to do much of anything to prevent it, while allowing those who would not mind to opt-in on the feature. 

edited November 2014
    Mishgul said:
    Shirszae said:
    However, I think this could be resolved by having the option to display Order be disabled by default on the banner. This way people who don't want such information to be displayed won't have to do much of anything to prevent it, while allowing those who would not mind to opt-in on the feature.
    edit: Ninja'd 

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    More configurability is definitely something we'll look at in the future, if/when we end up expanding the system!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    There should be an arrow you click that displays a dropdown that lists their HONOURSF (being facetious btw).