Org Owned High Clans

I would like to propose allowing org-owned clans to apply for and become High Clans. When you think about it, these are the clans which usually have the most structure and clearly defined mission. The clan used for a city's navy, for instance, or the clan used for lay orders ( e.g. Scarlatti's Commune). With the current status of a lot of these clans, many of them already more than meet the requirements. Could a simple distinction between org owned clans and regular clans that move into High Clan status be made to where org owned clans that become High Clans can still have leadership appointed via the organization that owns it?

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Just curious as to what advantage(s) of high clans are you wanting to see applied here? Org-owned clans can already be slot-free, and if they're owned by a house/city, they can already title shared members, and have configurable feelings towards other orgs and groups through their parent organisation.
  • But they don't get their own help file :stuck_out_tongue: 

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    It just seems to make them more official. Also, you can't see the full membership of a High Clan unless you're a member. If it's a well established organizationally owned clan, it sets it apart from the others via HIGHCLAN LIST. It also shows those who might be interested and applicable in joining the ability to see if anyone is around whom might induct them, or otherwise set them on the right path.

• Another important point is that making them High Clans cements their status in case they end up splitting off from their parent orgs at some point in the future.
  • Which applies to what org clans? From what I've seen house clans are typically Path #1 or Path #2, or the Combat clan, the Ritual clan, etc. They're extensions of their houses. If they should choose to separate then I think at that time they could potentially form a High Clan with enough membership.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Thats how things used to be, yes. Seems to me like this idea is so that something else can actually develop in time.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• The point of an organizationally-owned differs historically from a High Clan. A org-owned clan (ritual, combat, navy, order-related etc.) furthers the goals of the organization that owns it. A High Clan has its own ambitions, which may or may not be separate from that of an organization. 

In the past, High Clan status has been a reward for clans that worked hard to establish RP, history, and an active membership. To me, that would be diminished greatly by adding numerous High Clans that are simply granted such a distinction because they happen to be organizationally owned and deemed vital at whatever given time an organization may request this change in status.

Even in the case of nesting clans, which was discussed elsewhere, I'm not sure I favour them being organizationally-owned in any way. For example, the Occultists make sense to be affiliated with Ashtan right now. But if the history of the realm has shown us anything it is that affiliations can change. For anyone who doubts this, just look at the Revolutionaries of Chaos, which was a Hashan-based clan for decades while Flair searched for Babel without the approval of the Occultist House.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Except that most of the clans that apply (e.g. navy, combat, ritualism, etc) already -have- established RP, history, and boast extensive active memberships. So it's basically: let this group attain High Clan status, but not this group, which puts limitations on how a clan can progress simply because it's owned by an organization. Being owned by an organization in a lot of instances further strengthen's it's RP purpose and history, especially considering one of the requirements to apply for High Clan status is having affiliation with an established organization.