My offense tracker

Comments

• Does this work for Priests by chance? Just curious, if it doesn't is there anyway it can be set up to work for priests?
  • Synest said:
    Does this work for Priests by chance? Just curious, if it doesn't is there anyway it can be set up to work for priests?
    Yes.

Austere said:
    It tracks afflictions and possible afflictions on a target.  You set your attack message to trigger the setting of a variable, using the examples shown.  Whenever your target cures something, the script takes the possible afflictions, divides it by the total possible cures, and comes up with a percentage chance that you have an affliction.   It will require some input on your behalf.  I removed all of my personal affliction combination and strings as I don't believe in bringing the chips AND drinks.  Defenses and possible afflictions, along with chance are displayed on a window(see instructions)

Example:  Your dstab your target with asthma and sensitivity, giving both afflictions a 100% chance.  If they eat kelp, you know there is a 50% chance they have asthma and a 50% chance they have sensitivity.  If you stab them with asthma and paralysis, before they eat another kelp, you know there is a 100% chance of asthma, 50% chance of sensitivity, and a 100% chance of paralysis.   

I clear off anything below a 33% threshold and anything that is physically impossible(smoking with asthma). 

Here is a basic log of what it looks like.   You could change the colour schemes however you liked. 

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/b3fc3977

~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Thats what I get for skimming!
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited November 2014
    For anyone having trouble implementing,  you can send me a list of what your attacks look like and what they do,  and I can see about adding. I don't plan on tackling the knight problem anytime soon,  but any other class should be fairly easy. .  For curses/evileye I know you would want to trigger the setting of serverside alias since the attacks all look the same on your end. Otherwise you will run into the problem of the variables changing between the sending and achaea actually receiving them (I ran into this as a Shaman). All other classes should be fairly straight forward though since they all have specific messages or envenom messages to trigger. 

Edit: pm or a pastebin works fine.  Just something I can copy paste from and make sure to include the affliction details.  Working ten hour shifts six days a week so it will take time,  but I don't mind. 
  • Ernam said:

RE: @Exelethril There are a few options for tracking multiple weapons (less so for identically named weapons).

The "most accurate" way to do it is to char one of the weapons, so they can be tracked independently.

The other method involves some really complex stuff that tracks which venoms you try to apply, which actually complete (thanks to things like amnesia, stupidity, paralysis, being out of a venom, etc), and carefully adding these venoms to each weapon's venom queue, client-side.  This is inherently difficult and can results in errors (albeit rarely) when you use the same venom on both rapiers (but only one venom succeeds), and in a handful of other outlier conditions.

Best way to go, by far, is to char/customize one of your weapons.  Then you're 100% accurate, and don't need to incorporate any type of input/envenom functions into your personal offense setup.

Both methods are native to Go... you get the idea.

Stupidity, amnesia, and aeon/retardation are the only real concerns, and then only when trying to envenom both weapons with the same venom. I'm pretty sure paralysis doesn't prevent you from envenoming, and being out of a venom results in an entirely different message and simply isn't an issue anyway. I can't think of anything else that would cause issues, but I'd be interested to hear about anything else you think needs to be considered.

Being able to just trigger different lines is much, much easier, but attempting to handle it without that being the case would force you to get a solid grasp of the fundamentals like tables, event handlers, GMCP and string parsing. That's not really a bad thing.
  • Updated just now.

Changelog:

Fixed both single stab and double stab not removing currentvenoms after each attack.
    Removed personal vodun doll tracking from display script which was causing it to not fully parse.
    Removed scoreup() call from dragoncurse script which was causing a script loop
    Removed Svo reference from dragoncurse script.

It should be fully functional and not require any more updates unless people start sending me their class specific offensive triggers so I can begin adding them in.  If you have already added these and want to send it to me to add to the community script, shoot me a message and I will get you my email.  You will be acknowledged for your contributions.  Remember, the goal here is to get more people involved in combat so we have more people to use this on.
  • Eeep!  Your link is 404ing!  :(
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Kuy said:
    Eeep!  Your link is 404ing!  :(
    Due to lack of finances, we regret to inform you your web page has been disabled.  Please deposit 200 credits at your earliest convenience to resume browsing. Thank you for choosing Austere Hosting. 

New computer.  In the process of migrating all of my stuff and this just wasn't the highest priority at 3 am last night.  I work a ton so no chance to fix tonight.  I will try to remember to get it up and running tomorrow night..

• This should be back up, by the way.  Sorry for the downtime.  Deleting stuff in the cloud because of a new computer.  No clue what I was thinking..
  • Austere said:
    This should be back up, by the way.  Sorry for the downtime.  Deleting stuff in the cloud because of a new computer.  No clue what I was thinking..
    Thank you!
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Have you decided to take this back down, Austere? The link is 404'ing again.

• Fitz said:
    Have you decided to take this back down, Austere? The link is 404'ing again.
    I am currently in the process of another big update,  and I wanted to mitigate people getting the old version before I put up a new one that is more user friendly.  I plan to include tracking systems for Shaman(maybe offense scripts [still not decided]), as well as bard, depending on how much I like @Klendathu‌ 's coding[I don't want to release his entire offense and I am not sure what exactly he sent me, so not a lot of promises there]. I will also probably go ahead and code in serpent biting per @Kadin‌ 's request.  Minor things really aside from a few curing logic changes. I will also probably include a script that tracks your class and disables irrelevant class triggers, in preparation for multiclass.  Not in any major hurry to finish it since I haven't had any requests lately,   so it might be after the first of the year before it is back up.  If anyone has the lines for voidfist, first person and second, that would be grand. Also, if anyone else has added classes besides those I have, feel free to pm me details and we can discuss inclusion[no full offense scripts please, just snippets to get people started and triggers]
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited December 2014
    Happy to go through it with you, if you want, it includes voicecraft triggers, etc

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Happy to go through it with you, if you want
    I just need to set aside time to do it,  not had a chance.  Darn teething baby and all.  Shame you can't drug them like our parents did.  I just want to make sure anything I included doesn't cripple your strategy/ make others not have to try.  No easy win button here!
    So I got lazy and didn't complete the update.  I did make a display on/off toggle and put the older version back up though..

Display toggle: http://pastebin.com/dBrFhu2k

--change the alias to whatever you want it to be.
    For all of you sword and boarders out there, Deladan was kind enough to supply the triggers, so I did a quick write up for tracking:

http://pastebin.com/xauJs756

For the first trigger, I had two different theories on the correct way to parse it.  I included both, but I recommend you testing each and seeing which comes out correct more often than the other.  

Disclaimer: I don't play a knight, nor do I have any knight alts, if this doesn't work, sorry.
  • edited January 2015

How does the temple strike mechanic work?  Not to be negative but neither of those work correct regardless of how it works in game (It works correctly in either case only if the values are currently 100 or 0, and only if those are actually correct, which I doubt is the case most of the time).  If it works as a "smart" afflict with a predefined order (like hypochondria and cold attacks among others) then I have a very effective (albeit somewhat complex) method I don't mind sharing.  It includes keeping a cache of what you assumed they had at the time it landed and correcting your aff table (for all of the affs) at later time if you diagnose them more accurately later on.

Could someone confirm that it afflicts in a predefined order, and that order is: diz reck stu con epi?

May also consider looking at the efficiency of those trigger patterns.  For small projects it is pretty inconsequential, but for trigger heavy projects like affliction tracking, it adds up pretty quickly.
    Ernam said:

How does the temple strike mechanic work?  Not to be negative but neither of those work correct regardless of how it works in game (It works correctly in either case only if the values are currently 100 or 0, and only if those are actually correct, which I doubt is the case most of the time).  If it works as a "smart" afflict with a predefined order (like hypochondria and cold attacks among others) then I have a very effective (albeit somewhat complex) method I don't mind sharing.  It includes keeping a cache of what you assumed they had at the time it landed and correcting your aff table (for all of the affs) at later time if you diagnose them more accurately later on.

Could someone confirm that it afflicts in a predefined order, and that order is: diz reck stu con epi?

May also consider looking at the efficiency of those trigger patterns.  For small projects it is pretty inconsequential, but for trigger heavy projects like affliction tracking, it adds up pretty quickly.
    I believe it works similar to cold afflictions in that it has a set list that never doubles up on the afflictions and that always follow a specific order. Honestly,  I did every bit of that in pastebin,  so I agree,  the matching on the triggers was ugly[hell one even has the target name still in it].  Honestly, though,  with my machine, it doesn't bother it in the least[builds top notch gaming pc: plays a text game].  Have the flu, so the fact I cranked out anything that is remotely usable is amazing

I seriously doubt I ever put much work on knight combat for my tracker.  Tried it once, hated it.  I can't roleplaying it for shit and limb damage is very irritating to me [yay, new magi].  I don't mind including things people send me [still in process of adding @klendathu's script. ] but the fact that my support/system is free gives me the option to tell people to do it themselves if I have no interest [knight] or simply don't want them to beat me up [priest]

As for sharing stuff,  I love seeing how people code certain things.  It amazes me that we could both write one trigger that does the exact same thing, but processes completely differently.  Feel free to pm me anything at anytime[code,  script, logic, logs, ideas, quotes, no nudz], @anyone. I promise,  it makes my day. 
  • the smash low needs fixing, when I tested it gave lethargy... guess it was a bug gives clumsy now. my bad didn't retest before I sent it to austere

• Ernam said:

Antonius posted the sequence of afflictions in the S&B thread, I forget but there's like five of them and if you have all five it adds nothing.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Ernam said:

What's wrong with them? They look pretty standard outside of the unescaped .'s.
  • Nexes said:
    Ernam said:

Nothing is "wrong" in that they will match, there are just several aspects of them that are more efficient (plus, most of them should also be split into beginning of line + regex multi line triggers). Not being nitpicky here because in large systems, this can have a significant impact.
  • Ernam said:
    Nexes said:
    Ernam said:

Nothing is "wrong" in that they will match, there are just several aspects of them that are more efficient (plus, most of them should also be split into beginning of line + regex multi line triggers). Not being nitpicky here because in large systems, this can have a significant impact.
    Oh, I thought you meant it was doing atrocious things like backtrack matching and stuff.

• Pretty sure that is not possible within a pattern itself.  (It can be done in script, including the code executed by a trigger, though).
    Due to the whining, complaining, and general lack of thanks I have received for sharing my scripts, I will be taking my drop box offline. If you are one of the two people to send me donations, worry not, simply send me your email address whenever I post an update(I will probably just pm you) and I will send the latest version to you. To the rest of you, if I like you and I am in a good mood, feel free to ask me for it via pm, though if I don't respond, you know why. If you intend to drive me insane with ten thousand questions or tell me how my script isn't working after I have held your hand for hours and personally setup an offense for you, don't bother. I would like to ask that those of you with a clean install not share it, though it's the Internet, we all know how that works. Once it's out there, it's out there. Although I do sleep more comfortably at night knowing any shared between players is subpar to my current distribution. For the few that have told me good job and been generally appreciative, thank you. I would have stopped this all a long time ago without you. Not tagging names because I don't want to miss anyone. <3
  • Austere said:
    Due to the whining, complaining, and general lack of thanks I have received for sharing my scripts, I will be taking my drop box offline. If you are one of the two people to send me donations, worry not, simply send me your email address whenever I post an update(I will probably just pm you) and I will send the latest version to you. To the rest of you, if I like you and I am in a good mood, feel free to ask me for it via pm, though if I don't respond, you know why. If you intend to drive me insane with ten thousand questions or tell me how my script isn't working after I have held your hand for hours and personally setup an offense for you, don't bother. I would like to ask that those of you with a clean install not share it, though it's the Internet, we all know how that works. Once it's out there, it's out there. Although I do sleep more comfortably at night knowing any shared between players is subpar to my current distribution. For the few that have told me good job and been generally appreciative, thank you. I would have stopped this all a long time ago without you. Not tagging names because I don't want to miss anyone. <3
    That was all on you! You should have just done what I did and posted this "WunderSys is a free system, which is why while some support will be available it will not be instant. Primarily I will be fixing bugs and implementing features I feel I need." or something similar.

Sometimes I just ignore questions on Wunder or I'll respond to a message half a week later, I still play for me and in the end they should be grateful for any little support they get.

You just have to learn to say no, just like I say no to everybody who asks for a selfishness toggle. Nein nein nein nein!
    edited January 2015
    @Nemutaur you're right. It's all the damn sword and boarders who don't know how to read docs, though[good luck with lethargy, assholes]. My favorite was the one who installed it and instantly complained about the gui. I started off not caring, but in the end, having every single decision I have made with coding get picked apart, one at a time, by people who can "code better", just drove me insane[not directed at Ernam, he actually can code better and was correct in judging my triggers posted above as "shit". Generally speaking, if you match "his" in a trigger with a quick \w+, it is shit. I was just lazy that day] Oh well! On a different note, you are one of those people I know can code better, too. I swear when I had to look at Wundersys, half of it looked like it was in German or something. No clue what it did, but damn did it do it good. Why are phone line breaks so jacked up now. .
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I've nearly finished a S&B add-on...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited January 2015

Now you know how the world of Linux devs feel.  (and why nobody uses it)

• oh damn, I forgot to thank you.. if people don't RTFM that's on them. SnB was very easy to implement.
    but again Thanks for the awesome work. Sorry the dicks ruined something else great.