Semi-Automatic Bashing system (Early Alpha stages) *Minia only* NO AFK system

Hi! I've created a bashing semi-automation  for the HTML5 client, now you might say "NO Lexiel! Bad Lexiel no automations allowed!" but hear me out and give me a chance to explain how it works! ( Excuse my terrible grammar! )
FIRST AND FOREMOST- The system currently only works for Alchemist only until I do more extensive testing.
LIMITATIONS:
 1: The system will not work if you auto-move into a different room ( This prevents players from automating walks and clearing rooms while not around ) ~STILL WORKING ON
 2: Cannot be used in a party ( This is so that players will not follow some else around and clear rooms while afk. ) ~ STILL WORKING ON
 3: It will not work if someone else is in the room ( This prevents stealing others kills and creating arguments/conflict. ) ~STILL WORKING ON
 4: You cannot run from battle  ( It will ask you first if you want to flee from battle not allowing you to move unless typing in a specific command. This is so players don't attack low level denizens with one hit kills and rushing to another room. ) ~STILL WORKING ON
 5: It's smart enough to not attack others mounts, pets, and summons ( This is also to prevent conflict between players ) ~FINISHED~~~

BENEFITS:
1: It will be based off the HTML5 client provided by the creators of Achaea.
2:It is a free to use system so NO profits will be made from the system what so ever.
3: It will be highly newb friendly to encourage novices to stick around hopefully creating a higher player base.
4:No downloads needed, just a simple copy paste.
5: It will be updated consistently for free so there is no need for others to do so letting novices not worry about all the scripting they do not know how to do.
6: Will make it for every class so no one is left behind.

Now let me explain the reasons behind not being able to move unless you use a command like "FLEE"  it is a fail safe system to fight against people who want to use the script themselves by adding a few lines for a fully automated botting script. Think about it like this if you want to flee from bashing because you ran out of potions and potash and you're just running extremely low on hp. You simply CAN'T unless you are at your computer, slain the target attacking you (then picking up it's corpse) or inserting the FLEE command. This will force players to stay until the battle is over if they are away from their keyboard. 

How it works: The system will register your attacks and turn on a scripting toggle i.e status.combat= 0 into status.combat= 1. 1 being in combat and 0 being out of combat. This will be inserted into every line to CHECK if the system in or out of combat. The toggle will turn all movement alias into something completely RANDOM so north will =sDLUIFgasdzfg and soutn will = sDFOihasdzfuig. Etc. etc. This is so you are forced to use FLEE which will disengage you from battle, turning off the script completely, then moving you into the safest available room 1 box away.

Now this is still all theoretic and in it's very earliest stage and before you jump on the SUPER HATE BAND WAGON please understand I am trying my best while making this system to fight afkers and help our novices/ keep our player base. So insert your comments of how to improve the system but please do so in a kind manner.
Any help will be appreciated and you can contact me at " Thesleepyasian@gmail.com " 

Here is the Alpha prototype usable only in MINIA as a Alchemist ( This is to prevent extreme botting and keeps it at a lower lvl so it can be monitored )
*Please note that you have to use the in game curing system and import this script on a fully fresh setting so no conflicts occur*
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ruk7x4g2n9ksfbe/Bashing System Alchemist= V.001.js?dl=0

~Things I'm currently working on~
-The FLEE command
-Using whose here to stop script if someone is inside the room
-Expanding classes
-Expanding areas
-A toggle to turn it on and off ( Currently the only way to turn it on and off is to manually go inside the script and check " IH Search "

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Forgot to explain how it works! 
    The ideal way it should work is pressing or entering a command which toggles it to bashing mode. When IN bashing mode every time you move a room IH is automatically entered so you can see what's inside the room. Then from a array it will pick and choose its targets attacking only denizens who do NOT provide quests. Gags has already been places so no IH spam is there so it should look like you are attacking targets and nothing else should spam you if so contact me immediately so I can fix!

Currently emailing and issuing it to admins for approval! So test at your own risk and  I hope to work closely with admins to make this system happen!
  • Reserved for idk what
  • Sorry, but no. 

• Cooper said:
    Sorry, but no. 
    Could you elaborate why?
  • edited November 2014
    So you're creating a system that acquires targets and repeats your bashing command.

You can already do that. Easily. Loads of people already do this. The HTML5 client makes targeting dead-simple by just hitting tab. If you have an alias to set a target, you often don't need to change it between enemies anyway (if you set your target to "goblin", you can sweep through most of upper Azdun and part of lower Azdun without changing it for instance). Other people already have systems that automatically acquire and change targets from IH (Vadi's stormhammer script comes to mind). And auto-repeating a bashing command is a pretty common thing to do - just about everyone who uses SVO for instance uses the DOR command built in for bashing.

You're creating something that already exists, that a ton of people already do, and hamstringing it even more than necessary.

I'm also not sure how you think you'd be able to stop people from modifying it and removing the limitations you're talking about adding.

You should probably play the game a bit more and become a bit more familiar with it before trying to improve things.
  • Tael said:
    So you're creating a system that acquires targets and repeats your bashing command.

You can already do that. Easily. Loads of people already do this. The HTML5 client makes targeting dead-simple by just hitting tab. If you have an alias to set a target, you often don't need to change it between enemies anyway (if you set your target to "goblin", you can sweep through most of upper Azdun and part of lower Azdun without changing it for instance). Other people already have systems that automatically acquire and change targets from IH (Vadi's stormhammer script comes to mind). And auto-repeating a bashing command is a pretty common thing to do - just about everyone who uses SVO for instance uses the DOR command built in for bashing.

You're creating something that already exists, that a ton of people already do, and hamstringing it even more than necessary.

I'm also not sure how you think you'd be able to stop people from modifying it and removing the limitations you're talking about adding.

You should probably play the game a bit more and become a bit more familiar with it before trying to improve things.
    I'm not trying to improve things for existing players but to improve things for newer players. It's meant to be a easy system on HTML5 so that a person completely new to MUDS can experience it without much stress of trying to learn how to code. Indeed there are other systems out there that already does the same exact thing but one question, Are they free? 

Who wants to pay for a program and script to a game they JUST got into? The feeling is immeasurable when you realize that no matter what you do the game is P2W. Take in consideration in the future they might buy artifacts and so on. This allows them to jump in the game walk around for a bit get things done and go "Hey this is nifty!" rather then thinking "Jeez, I'll never be able to do it as efficient as these P2W players. At first you had to pay for a curing system, and even now you have to pay for a bashing system that EVERYONE uses? Honestly, I believe this is what drove me away from Achaea was due to the fact that in order to play this game it felt as if everything I ever wanted had to come from my wallet. The only reason why I'm doing this is for the new players. Otherwise I wouldn't try to waste my time and effort without charging a dime.
  • Tael said:

Thanks for the input by the way, your opinion does make a big difference to me.
  • EldEld
    edited November 2014
    There are a few free scripts out there for picking targets off IH (or from the equivalent GMCP info). Not sure about standalone queueing systems, but there are at least a couple free curing systems that support queueing actions. That said, I don't know of any such systems for the HTML5 client (mostly mudlet), so versions for that might see some use, but I suspect you'd see a lot more interest in something that included those two pieces of functionality separately, and didn't try to impose a lot of extra restrictions (like requiring a separate command to leave a room before killing a denizen). Things like that are going to make it much less appealing even for people who aren't trying to fully automate bashing, and would probably be pretty easy to circumvent if you really did want to fully automate things. Better to just provide the functionality and let people get shrubbed for misusing it if they decide to.

I also just don't think you'll see much interest in anything like this restricted to just the newbie areas. I'm not sure exactly what the average time spent in the newbie areas is, but I'm fairly sure it's short enough that the time spent finding out about such a script and figuring out how to install it and then use it would generally be a pretty significant chunk of the time it would take to get to level 21 without it. In general, that's the point in the learning curve of the game where automating things for efficiency is least useful , and adding new things to learn (especially anything related to code, like how to install scripts for a client, which tends to be offputting for a lot of people) is most harmful.

Edit: Just as a side note, reserving posts on these forums doesn't really work, since there's a 15 minute time limit for editing posts.
  • edited November 2014
    Lexiel said:
    I'm not trying to improve things for existing players but to improve things for newer players. It's meant to be a easy system on HTML5 so that a person completely new to MUDS can experience it without much stress of trying to learn how to code. Indeed there are other systems out there that already does the same exact thing but one question, Are they free? 
    The auto-attacking part of it can be done easily, all it requires is a single trigger to attack on balance recovery (or it can use server-side curing, but that adds a bit more complexity), and a single alias to toggle the auto-attacking on and off. The targeting is already handled pretty well by the game (using tab for targeting, or ST <target> to manually change targets).

So the core of your system is something that newbies can make as a simple introduction to scripting, or something that a more experience player can make for them in a few seconds, and either way is hardly necessary because the tools built into the game are usually sufficient (especially as newbies, where you don't have to deal with groups of fast, strong, aggressive, afflicting, chasing denizens). A system like this can have some value though, if you add some more advanced features (and don't include extra hindrances).
    For example, a more advanced auto-targeting system would be very useful (like Eld said, there are free scripts for this for other clients, but I've never heard of one for HTML5).
    Or an auto-attacking system that's more intelligent than just attacking on balance recovery. Things like automatically stopping at low health so you can more easily run away (or automatically shielding/reflecting when appropriate), automatically switching between different attacks as appropriate for classes where that matters (like stormhammer vs staffcast as a magi, or using burst if endurance is too low as a blademaster), automatically handling shields (with camus as a serpent, razeslash as a knight, just waiting until the enemies attack otherwise, possibly stripping shields with erode/copper/flay as magi/alchemist/serpent if the system predicts that the enemy will take long enough to attack that stripping is worth it), and other improvements. Even better if it's configurable.

Including all of that will be going too close to full automation for some people's taste, but honestly there are already people using complex bashing systems like that, the systems just aren't widely available. The more you worry about people abusing it, the harder it will be to create anything useful.
  • edited November 2014
    Lexiel said:
    I'm not trying to improve things for existing players but to improve things for newer players. It's meant to be a easy system on HTML5 so that a person completely new to MUDS can experience it without much stress of trying to learn how to code.

You can already set targets without any knowledge of coding. Tab targeting is even easier. All it takes to repeat a hunting attack is a single trigger. Someone completely new to MUDs can learn how to do all of this in about ten minutes without relying on an over-engineered "system" for it. If anything, I think suggesting to people that they need to install someone's package just to do something as simple as bashing is probably going to turn more people away, not turn more people toward the game. Particularly when it's this needlessly complicated with all of these pointless limitations.

Indeed there are other systems out there that already does the same exact thing but one question, Are they free?

Yes. For a number of clients. More importantly, it takes a single trigger to do the majority of what you're suggesting aside from acquiring targets from IH - which is exactly what tab-targeting in the HTML5 client already does with the push of a single button.

Who wants to pay for a program and script to a game they JUST got into? The feeling is immeasurable when you realize that no matter what you do the game is P2W. Take in consideration in the future they might buy artifacts and so on. This allows them to jump in the game walk around for a bit get things done and go "Hey this is nifty!" rather then thinking "Jeez, I'll never be able to do it as efficient as these P2W players. At first you had to pay for a curing system, and even now you have to pay for a bashing system that EVERYONE uses?

No one pays for a "bashing system". SVO is a curing system that is very, very common that just happens to come with a simple queueing mechanism that a lot of people use for bashing. Again, you can replicate 99% of the functionality of that with a single trigger. And you don't even really need that trigger. Bashing does not, in any sense, require a "system".

And Achaea is hardly P2W. As people routinely point out, assuming both people have the minimum skill investments necessary for combat for their class, someone who knows what they're doing, but doesn't have artefacts will beat someone with artefacts who doesn't have that knowledge pretty much every time. There are also a number of ways to get artefacts in the game without spending a dime, from contests to buying credits for gold from CFS to buying cheaper credits with gold from houses and cities. There are a fair number of pretty capable people who have never spent anything - though getting artefacts that way can take a very long time. But again, you don't need artefacts unless you insist on competing with the top-tier, and you're not going to have any hope of doing that until you're much, much more knowledgable about combat anyway.

Honestly, I believe this is what drove me away from Achaea was due to the fact that in order to play this game it felt as if everything I ever wanted had to come from my wallet. The only reason why I'm doing this is for the new players. Otherwise I wouldn't try to waste my time and effort without charging a dime.

I think, again, you need to play the game more. People with artefacts don't just automatically win by any stretch of the imagination. And that's just PvP. You don't need artefacts for essentially anything outside of PvP at all.
    This is just not a necessary thing. Bashing is not complicated. At all. With the built-in autosipper, you can bash at essentially peak efficiency with a single keybind. You can literally bash at peak efficiency just by typing in "KILL" and pressing tab and enter. That's all it takes. If people are being turned away because their bashing is not sufficiently automated, nothing is going to get them to stay - they don't want to play a game, they want to play Cookie Clicker.

This whole thing is just silly.
  • edited November 2014
    Dear @Lexiel‌ ,

First off, WELCOME to the forums!

Secondly, I think what you're doing is a great project. A free system for the Achaea Client would also be a great way to teaching scripting to new players.

I love that your intentions for doing this were derived from an urgency to help people discover what you love about Achaea. I personally use the HTML5 client and I actually love it for what I do.

A free system would also be a great way to teaching scripting to new players.

I'd be happy to test anything for you. Also an Alchemist

For the lulz, someone should make an Achaea one of these:

A male voice is heard through the membrane, "Hey, girl."

A male voice is heard through the membrane, "Are you an Apostate? ..because you just tore my heart out."

• @Antreus, if the "what if people treated all illnesses the same way they treat mental illness" comic is meant to suggest that the replies to this thread have been ignoring the OP's intent in favour of offering suggestions on unrelated topics, it's pretty far off-base. Most of the replies so far have been reasonably thoughtful explanations of why we don't think this project is the best way to help newbies (and might actually be counterproductive), with a couple of suggestions for ways that it could be morphed into something that might be more broadly useful for the community. If you think the proposed project sounds useful, that's fine, but suggesting that considered disagreement is inherently unhelpful is pretty absurd.
  • One of the problems about this system which I meant to address earlier when helping Lexiel make it is that it wouldn't take a ton of effort to make this a totally AFK system.  I mean, the tools are all in place: You can configure rooms with what you expect to be in them, so adding a component that automatically moves between rooms, flees under certain circumstances, and keeps going until the area is clear would be fairly trivial. 

Obviously this isn't a severe threat as it applies to Minia, but it wouldn't take a giant leap forward to adapt this to places like Azdun, Dun Fortress, Ulangi, et cetera.

I use something that @Tael gave me (mad props, he's pretty good at this scripting stuff) but I still have to tab/F1/move/flee and it's not something that could be so easily adapted to AFK hunting.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • edited November 2014
    Nope, it was mostly in regards to this. I wasn't aligning this with anyone's comments. In fact, if I wanted to do that I would have quoted them, which I'll do below for clarification.  If I disagreed with your statements regarding the feasibility of his idea, then I'd have said so. I don't see your name listed at all in my reply. How did you think I was talking directly to you?

Why presume so much; don't see the point in doing that. No harm intended at all.

I am  replying to the P2W part of the discussion.  And I don't quite seem to understand the culture of these forums to reflexively assume I'm defaming -anyone-. What's the point in that? I simply saw a similar sort of logic underlying the P2W part - how you don't need credits. No you don't, but you have to work real hard for things people don't have to think about.

Who wants to pay for a program and script to a game they JUST got into? The feeling is immeasurable when you realize that no matter what you do the game is P2W. Take in consideration in the future they might buy artifacts and so on. This allows them to jump in the game walk around for a bit get things done and go "Hey this is nifty!" rather then thinking "Jeez, I'll never be able to do it as efficient as these P2W players. At first you had to pay for a curing system, and even now you have to pay for a bashing system that EVERYONE uses? Honestly, I believe this is what drove me away from Achaea was due to the fact that in order to play this game it felt as if everything I ever wanted had to come from my wallet. The only reason why I'm doing this is for the new players. Otherwise I wouldn't try to waste my time and effort without charging a dime.

A male voice is heard through the membrane, "Hey, girl."

A male voice is heard through the membrane, "Are you an Apostate? ..because you just tore my heart out."

• Antreus said:
    Nope, it was mostly in regards to this. I wasn't aligning this with anyone's comments. In fact, if I wanted to do that I would have quoted them, which I'll do below for clarification.  If I disagreed with your statements regarding the feasibility of his idea, then I'd have said so. I don't see your name listed at all in my reply. How did you think I was talking directly to you?

Why presume so much; don't see the point in doing that. No harm intended at all.

I am  replying to the P2W part of the discussion.  And I don't quite seem to understand the culture of these forums to reflexively assume I'm defaming -anyone-. What's the point in that? I simply saw a similar sort of logic underlying the P2W part - how you don't need credits. No you don't, but you have to work real hard for things people don't have to think about.

Didn't think you were talking directly to me, it just seemed that the comic was somehow addressed to the thread in general, and I couldn't come up with anything else that it might be a response to. Still not sure I see the relevance to the pay-to-win argument, but clearly I was misinterpreting what you meant by it, so disregard my comment.
  • Still currently working on the system. So far I updated it with over 50+ new areas. I'm going to change a few things around as well and allow it to work with all classes, also working on it so it will not work if another person is in the room, last but not least if I can ever figure out how to put a toggle on it then it will be complete. The only thing you would ever update on it would be new areas and denizen. I will not add the limitation any more due to the recent comments that was given but if someone turns this script into something else that I did not release then it will purely be their fault.