A male voice is heard through the membrane asks, "Why cant runies afflict impatience...so unfair?"

On his behalf.

A male voice is heard through the membrane, "Hey, girl."

A male voice is heard through the membrane, "Are you an Apostate? ..because you just tore my heart out."

Best Answer

Answers

• edited November 2014
    Hahah.

...wait, are you serious?

E: By this I mean, is he joking?
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • It's a quick question. Someone answer it for him in a way that isn't obnoxious so the person who asked it originally understands the balances involved.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Addama's got it, basically. Impatience on runies would be insane. If you -really- wanna lock someone as runie, get a monk friend, or jester friend, or serp friend.
  • Or a Priest friend.  Hi Jaelyth!
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Addama said:

It would be pretty overpowered if Runewardens could both prep toward disembowel and truelock 
    Reminds me of Alchemist.
  • Vaehl said:
    Addama said:

It would be pretty overpowered if Runewardens could both prep toward disembowel and truelock 
    Reminds me of Alchemist.
    I was thinking about the similarities between Runewardens and Alchemists: Runewardens prep limbs, Alchemists temper humors.  Inundating and wracking are the rewards you get for humor prep, sticking a prone is the reward you get for limb prep.  I mean, I know that you can cure tempers and not prepped legs (unless you run or hit your prepped limb off rebounding) but the similarities are there.

But Runewardens can't prep/break two limbs at the same time, which reminds me, release the damned Knight changes.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • At first I kind of regretted the part of that response where I said two venoms every 1.6 seconds because I always assume my DSLs hit just under 2 seconds, and you'd need some ridiculous speed rapiers to regularly get 1.6 seconds.  Having said that:

23:12:00.815 [System]: Added DSL 185794 to your balance queue.

23:12:00.815 [System]: Running queued balance command: DSL 185794

23:12:00.815 Lightning-quick, you jab a silver panther with an ornate steel rapier.

23:12:00.815 Lightning-quick, you jab a silver panther with an ornate steel rapier.

23:12:00.815 3664h, 2547m, 17123e, 13710w edb-

23:12:00.883 [System]: Added DSL 185794 to your balance queue.

23:12:00.883 3664h, 2547m, 17123e, 13710w edb-

23:12:02.373 You have recovered balance on all limbs.

23:12:02.373 [System]: Running queued balance command: DSL 185794

23:12:02.373 Lightning-quick, you jab a silver panther with an ornate steel rapier.

23:12:02.373 Lightning-quick, you jab a silver panther with an ornate steel rapier.

23:12:02.373 3664h, 2547m, 17103e, 13710w edb-

~Kresslack's obsession~
  • edited November 2014
    You need 257 speed rapiers with nimble to consistently get 1.6 seconds.
  • So does that mean that 261 speed rapiers occasionally hit far faster, like 1.3s?
    ~Kresslack's obsession~

• Maybe if the existed, but would be more like 1.45-1.50s.

Also, see: Frenzy

• edited November 2014
    Addama said:
    So does that mean that 261 speed rapiers occasionally hit far faster, like 1.3s?
    I made a mistake (was ignoring the 0.1s faster balance you get from having both chivalry and weaponry) and edited my post to say you need 257 speed.

There are three sources of variation in balance numbers.
    The first is in the raw balance times as calculated by the server. I'm guessing that, when your raw balance number is between tenths of a second, it has a chance to round either way (like 1.65 could give you either 1.6 or 1.7). I'm not certain of that, but it seems like the most likely explanation for why the raw balance numbers (which you can't normally see) have that variation.
    The second is because balance recovery works on a global tick. This can only ever make balance longer, not shorter. For example, you use balance, and it's set to come back in 1.6 seconds, but when that 1.6s is up there's still 0.1s left until the balance recovery tick fires, so your total balance time is 1.7s.
    The third is differences in latency between receiving the two messages. For example, there's some slight lag in seeing the attack message, and less lag when receiving the balance recovery message, so the balance loss appears shorter on your end. This doesn't change the actual balance times, but does change the displayed times, which is the only thing you can measure.

So 257 speed rapiers would sometimes be 1.5 and sometimes 1.6, plus a possible delay from the recovery tick (which I think runs every 0.1 seconds, but it may be longer).

And yeah, this ignores Frenzy, and any other balance reductions other than nimble (like canticle or staff of Nicator).
  • I laughed out loud when I heard this male voice. I immediately replied, "Because you'd be BROKEN" Hahaha =]

A male voice is heard through the membrane, "Are you an Apostate? ..because you just tore my heart out."

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Antreus said:
    I laughed out loud when I heard this male voice. I immediately replied, "Because you'd be BROKEN" Hahaha =]
    So was this a question or a quote?

• edited November 2014
    Kresslack said:
    Antreus said:
    I laughed out loud when I heard this male voice. I immediately replied, "Because you'd be BROKEN" Hahaha =]
    So was this a question or a quote?
    Both! I just love hearing what you all have to say.