Video Games

Comments

• Yeah, the grind gets worse as the game goes on. I think Tattooine is where a lot of people stop. If not, then Belsavis. And gear grind is a chore, but I oddly favor raiding dungeons for goods so it didn't bother as much as it should have.

The space missions could get grindy, too, when trying to get fleet comms. They were fun when I didn't worry about that, though, especially after I got the torpedo.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I said I wasn't going to buy BO2, but I broke down and did it. >_< Should be here tomorrow, PSN is UNST3R_BLICH if you care to add me.

• Daklore finally broke and played DFO with me. Yay! Most fun I've had for a while.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • edited November 2012
    While I'm playing Achaea now, I think I'll play some VF5FS later today. I haven't played in months, so I get to experience the joy of learning the game and Eileen once more

EDIT: Just had to include the great win poses in this game

• Anyone getting Farcry 3?
  • Planetside 2 has been officially released today. I've been playing the beta for months, but I still suck. FPS games are a weakness of mine.
  • edited November 2012
    Wilhelmina said:
    Planetside 2 has been officially released today. I've been playing the beta for months, but I still suck. FPS games are a weakness of mine.
    This is the first time I've ever enjoyed an FPS. I can't shoot for crap, but doing all the logistics stuff pleases me.

• I also enjoy the logistics roles, mostly because it's rare to miss shooting an allied vehicle with a repair gun. I did the same in MAG, which I enjoyed just a bit more than Planetside 2.
  • Are there any DayZ players here? I've been curious about the game and ArmA II is on sale for $15. However, I know the standalone version of DayZ is coming in a few months. Would you DayZ players suggest getting ArmA II or waiting for the standalone?
  • edited November 2012
    While I'm sure I'm the only one here that cares, Virtua Fighter 2 (along with Fighting Vipers and Sonic The Fighters) are being released today on PSN. The XBLA version is coming out sometime this week as well, and may already be available.

This is the first time VF2 will have a true arcade-perfect port. The game still manages to look pretty good for a 1994 game due to the powerful Model 2 board (co-developed by Sega and the former GE Aerospace).

• Planetside 2 is the bomb. Dudes are all like 'We're gonna defend this base' and we are all like 'Joey, grenade in the left window, Aran in the door with me, Sean cover us from that ridgeline' and then we WIN.
  • Tvistor said:

Planetside 2 is the bomb. Dudes are all like 'We're gonna defend this base' and we are all like 'Joey, grenade in the left window, Aran in the door with me, Sean cover us from that ridgeline' and then we WIN.

Dude, where are you guys playing? We should group up!

• While I'm sure I'm the only one here that cares, Virtua Fighter 2 (along with Fighting Vipers and Sonic The Fighters) are being released today on PSN. The XBLA version is coming out sometime this week as well, and may already be available.

This is the first time VF2 will have a true arcade-perfect port. The game still manages to look pretty good for a 1994 game due to the powerful Model 2 board (co-developed by Sega and the former GE Aerospace).

Ah, Sega Saturn, how I miss thee.

• @Cinya Please help, I have black ops 2 for pc through steam, but can't figure out how to enter co-op mode. Otherwise, the game is awesome even if my shooting skills are not   =D
  • Vasool said:
    @Cinya Please help, I have black ops 2 for pc through steam, but can't figure out how to enter co-op mode. Otherwise, the game is awesome even if my shooting skills are not   =D
    Haha - glad you like it! 

Just to clarify - "co-op mode" in BO2 is Zombies (which is awesome). There's no such thing as Spec Ops like there is in the MW series, but if you're killing undead, you've got it. :D

I'm not entirely sure how Steam integrates with the PC version since I wasn't as hands-on with that SKU, but I'm pretty you can access Zombies by either, a) Pressing the "back" button from the main menu and then selecting Zombies, or b) there might be a separate executable in your Steam library. I would recommend checking to see if there's anything else "Black Ops 2", or anything that references Zombies in that list. 

If you're still having trouble, let me know and we can find a solution from there. 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • Erasariel said:
    Planetside 2 is the bomb. Dudes are all like 'We're gonna defend this base' and we are all like 'Joey, grenade in the left window, Aran in the door with me, Sean cover us from that ridgeline' and then we WIN.
    I dunno, are you cool enough to be in our club?
  • Cinya thanks so much! I thought I was missing something. No, I have zombies, I was thinking it had a co-op to complete the missions. I really appreciate you taking the time to write that response.   
  • Tvistor said:
    Erasariel said:
    I dunno, are you cool enough to be in our club?
    Yeah, bro, i got my swag right here. 420noscope4lyf!

am i cool enough yet?

• Yeah, sure. Try to get better at aiming though. We play pretty aggressively and the small squad size means we have to be faster on the draw than the other team.
  • Trying out Need for Speed: World. I haven't touched a racing game for years! Really missed the adrenaline rush, especially with the multiplayer aspect.

• Are there any DayZ players here? I've been curious about the game and ArmA II is on sale for $15. However, I know the standalone version of DayZ is coming in a few months. Would you DayZ players suggest getting ArmA II or waiting for the standalone?
    I wish I had seen this sooner, sorry.
    DayZ is fantastic, and especially so if you have a (preferably small) group of friends to play it with. It is a very fun game, and despite its many glaring bugs it is everything that I wanted from the genre. That being said, I suggest waiting for the standalone due to many people having ridiculous gear, people hoarding vehicles, and many cheaters. If you do own the game now then I suggest trying the custom map Namalsk as it has a strong playerbase, a map similar to Chernarus, and doesn't suffer from those problems nearly as much. I am so excited for the standalone.
  • Finally got to try Crysis 2 in an internet cafe. So...beautiful...

• So, not to derail this thread or anything: 

I don't know how many of you are fans of Esports, ect ect. But I feel like, as gamers on the internet, you're probably going to be the most sympathetic people I can reach.
  • Synbios said:
    Finally got to try Crysis 2 in an internet cafe. So...beautiful...
    That's got to be one damn good internet cafe.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Dark Souls 2 was announced yesterday for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. Just thought you wanted to know.
  • Tried out the remade Rise of Immortals game on Steam. Pretty decent! Great mix of all the other MOBAs' concepts.

You MOBA players should try it out.

• Yeah, trailer was pretty badass for Dark Souls 2.

I still haven't beaten Demon Souls though. D:
  • edited December 2012
    You better get on that, son! Or, just put Demon's Souls aside and complete Dark Souls before the sequel. Both games are great, of course, but Dark Souls II might actually expand on the lore created in the first game instead of being abandoned like Boletaria.

In other news, The Phantom Pain, a game that was premiered at the Spike TV Video Game Awards, is getting a lot of attention. Some are saying it's actually a Metal Gear Solid game (maybe even Metal Gear Solid V), due to the main character resembling Snake, and the strange circumstances around the game's premier and its developer.

Specifically, the game is touted as being created by a Swedish company named Moby Dick Studio, a previously unknown company that didn't even have a website until late November. Eyebrows have been raised that a game by a completely unknown studio was featured during a prime time broadcast on a popular channel and show.

Here's the trailer. Hopefully it won't get taken down soon:

• Oh, I beat Dark Souls already. When that came out I had 360 but no PS3. Only recently hopped on Demon Souls, but the world 2 boss (can't remember the name, the fire one) is kicking my -ass-.