Spiritlore

Comments

• Alaric said:
     When spirit walking can you pass over an eye sigil?
    Spirit walking cares nothing about tawdry eye sigils
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    Alaric said:
    Yes, you can. However, you cannot spiritwalk into an enemy city apparently. You start bouncing around and can't control your directional flow. I'm at a loss for the use of spiritwalk, beyond RP purposes and espionage in friendly cities (?), if entering enemy cities isn't an option.

Edit: Also the willpower drain is INSANE. It makes using the ability, even for RP purposes, a no-go. I dropped thousands of willpower within a few moments. It seems as though no willpower regen (Daina, circlet, megalith) follows your spirit through this experience.
  • Also I don't wanna be this guy (jk I totally do), but some time in the year 2012 C.E., a certain idea was approved. This still on the radar?

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/189
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Bluef said:
    Alaric said:
    Yes, you can. However, you cannot spiritwalk into an enemy city apparently. You start bouncing around and can't control your directional flow. I'm at a loss for the use of spiritwalk, beyond RP purposes and espionage in friendly cities (?), if entering enemy cities isn't an option.

Edit: Also the willpower drain is INSANE. It makes using the ability, even for RP purposes, a no-go. I dropped thousands of willpower within a few moments. It seems as though no willpower regen (Daina, circlet, megalith) follows your spirit through this experience.
    I think it's for astral projecting into an enemy raid group like 5 steps outside your city.
    Seemed to be like 100wp every couple seconds, and an additional tax of 200wp if you're outside a certain range? Does the drain get any bigger after that?
  • Can still softfocus them.

• Xith said:
    Bluef said:
    Alaric said:

I think it's for astral projecting into an enemy raid group like 5 steps outside your city.
    Seemed to be like 100wp every couple seconds, and an additional tax of 200wp if you're outside a certain range? Does the drain get any bigger after that?
    Maybe...But that's an awfully dangerous utility. Spiritwalking into an enemy raid group that could easily portal/prism/track/whatever to those guarding your lifeless body and simply newbie kick you within 1 second fo entering the room is perilous. 

I haven't tested it anymore more. The risk is just too great and there is no way to return in time to save yourself, even if someone is watching over you (they can't send you a tell, talk on PT so that you'll hear it, etc.). It's very much walk at your own risk.
  • Message #31487      Sent by Meletus
    11/16/19:29 Greetings! In regard to issue 70770, Daina attunement will indeed boost WP regen further when combined with other aspects of regeneration!

If you have a circlet, megalith, are beseeching a shrine, grove raining, etc. Daina will also continue to boost your WP regen as well. Very nice for hunting.
  • So Daina just boosts willpower regen? Is that all?

• Amarillys said:
    So Daina just boosts willpower regen? Is that all?
    You can invoke to cure an affliction
  • Achimrst said:
    Amarillys said:
    Thanks :P I asked that question like two pages ago and never got a response.

• Amarillys said:
    Achimrst said:
    Amarillys said:
    Thanks :P I asked that question like two pages ago and never got a response.
    I was sleeping, I must be the only friendly person in here :P
  • Yeah I think 2 out of my 14 questions were answered.
  • Ask em again!

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    Xith said:

So I have some questions about function, if any shamans can answer/experiment.

1. Can Spiritwalking souls be seen by anyone? Lifevision or otherwise?
     - already checked and they cannot enter closed doors, wise choice

They can be seen at all. It is like they're in another phase of reality, except they can cross eye sigils, etc. They can't seem to do is enter cities they are enemied to though.

2. Coagulation requires a bleeding target to add an extra affliction?

I believe you have to Invoke the coagulation first, which forces their blood to clot, but which gives them an affliction when doing so. I'm not sure if they have to be bleeding prior. Maybe @Achimrst knows. I didn't test this one too much yesterday.

3. Bloodlet consumes blood-based afflictions to add an amount of bleeding?
    - the combo of those two is clever

Not two, unless it wasn't working properly when I tested it, you just need to have a basic blood-based affliction on them to invoke bloodletting. Blight haemophilia, then invoke bloodletting as a simple example.

4. How far away does Aelkesh projection move you?

One room, an adjacent location. 

5. Does attuning to Maligus 'drain' the health/mana or just damage the target?

When you attune Maligus, it drains a small amount of health and mana every time you curse a target. 

6. Can the curse-appendable invocations be used with blight?

They have to be used with curses, which is probably why swiftcurse was changed to not be useful with blighting.

7. How does relapsing work again? And can shamans choose which affliction to relapse even if it's not the last 'venom' used?

I haven't tested this much yet. 

8. How long do the ICEFORT walls last?

Same as standard icewalls, I think.

9. Attune to Arcanor only protects from fire/cold/electric and not magic, right?

The AB scroll says, "increased elemental damage resistance." I'm guessing cold, fire, etc. Magick wouldn't seem to apply, but I'm really not 100% on that. 

10. Is there a distance limitation on Wayfare?

Seems to be continent-wide (does not cross continents but does cross areas).

11. How many afflictions does Purification cure?

Not sure. Another shaman can probably answer this though.

12. For tribal totems, how much damage for PAIN and how long or what type of BINDING is it?

Sowulu x 4 for pain and binding is a standard hinder totem.

13. Is Judgement basically firelash?

It hits a target; not sure what holy fire ability it may be similar to.

14. How long are the cooldowns on things like Snare and Roar?

I don't know, but I'm sure someone else has tested it and has the numbers.

Sorry I can't be more helpful at the moment. I've been enjoying the bashing that comes with new shaman too much to test a great deal in the last 24 hours. We're all sort of feeling our way as we go anyway. There's a lot to learn and take in, process, etc. The initial excitement of trying new things will give way to recording cooldowns, testing the limits of abilities, etc. I'm sure in the next few days any unanswered questions will be sorted out by players. 
  • 1. Can Spiritwalking souls be seen by anyone? Lifevision or otherwise?

On this one, my spirit was trackable by using thirdeye, but you couldn't find my body with things like farsee. Although I was wearing my veil I don't remember if the person testing it with me had one or not.

When I tested it, yes they had to be bleeding and not just a little bit either it was a good amount from what I remember.

Only one and it had a significant cooldown period so it's kind of like touching tree.

The snare is a one time deal unless you sit down to commune and rebind the spirit. The Roar I don't remember I didn't play with it enough.

• Achimrst said:
    1. Can Spiritwalking souls be seen by anyone? Lifevision or otherwise?

On this one, my spirit was trackable by using thirdeye, but you couldn't find my body with things like farsee. Although I was wearing my veil I don't remember if the person testing it with me had one or not.

Double checked this. Yes, you can see their spirit on the who list.

When I tested it, yes they had to be bleeding and not just a little bit either it was a good amount from what I remember.

Only one and it had a significant cooldown period so it's kind of like touching tree.

The snare is a one time deal unless you sit down to commune and rebind the spirit. The Roar I don't remember I didn't play with it enough.

Yeah, the snare one I forgot about! The usefulness of a one-time snare that forces you to sit back down and commune + rebond is iffy in its application.

• I just think either 5 might not be enough to bind, or 2 might not be enough to attune at once. I guess we'll see. But to turn around and switch strategies, it technically only takes like 10 seconds. I forget ice fort's EQ but that's a little hinderance. I guess the best thing would be to mangle their leg and run like 10 rooms, commune and switch a couple spirits.
  • Ice fort is 5s balance (4.5s with nimble, assuming it's affected by nimble).
  • Ice fort balance should scale with the number of icewalls created, unless it was changed before release.

• Xith said:
    I just think either 5 might not be enough to bind, or 2 might not be enough to attune at once. I guess we'll see. But to turn around and switch strategies, it technically only takes like 10 seconds. I forget ice fort's EQ but that's a little hinderance. I guess the best thing would be to mangle their leg and run like 10 rooms, commune and switch a couple spirits.
    Right, I'm mostly anticipating that it's a dynamic skillset that will challenge the opponent to adapt, not that any one approach is face-meltingly powerful.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • A terrible, pervading cold suffuses your limbs as you raise your hands, channeling power not your own.
    With a grinding sound, a giant wall of ice rises to block the exit to the north.
    1299h, 661m, 5395e, 5725w e-[19:36:36.550]
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    1299h, 688m, 5395e, 5737w ex-[19:36:41.558]

5 seconds for 1 icewall.

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    I added some RP flavour to my basic communion in terms of what I'm wielding (one extra wielded item and a reaction) , but it took me about 20s to commune and set up basic bashing bindings (4 spirits, 2 attunements): 

http://pastebin.com/pm0QwpGp

The rattle/reaction are only fractions of a second so that's about 3s per binding and 4s per attunement. I'm not sure how viable an option it is to run a few rooms and take 20s to do this. I guess it would depend on who you were fighting and where. I do have one question though:

"Ice crackles and forms over the motionless form of Bluef."

Why ice for a spiritual binding? Searching for some RP meaning here.

• Can you really RP elemental magic that your character doesn't actually have, though?

• Ernam said:

Can you really RP elemental magic that your character doesn't actually have, though?

I don't understand your question. I'm asking "Why ice" in order to understand why every single spirit binding (regardless of the spirit's class) shows, "Ice crackles and forms over the motionless form of Bluef."

• Oh, I thought that was an emote.  I have no idea why ice is used, but I guess it is just a symptom of being possessed.
  • Bluef said:

"Ice crackles and forms over the motionless form of Bluef."

Why ice for a spiritual binding? Searching for some RP meaning here.
    You ever walk through a spirit? They're cold. I mean, brrr. So hey, you want to pull one in? Touch it? Bind it? Damn straight you're going to get frosty. Just stay cool, kid, it'll pass.

No idea why I phrased it like that, but... yeah...

• @Amarillys Spirits and ghosts are two different things in Achaea. Walk through a ghost you might get a chill... walk through a Spirit and it my just K/O you.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    Possession has such a negative connotation to it. :\

For me personally, and I try to base this on past similar experiences with the spirits Nyirobi, Keeper of the Shrine and Kalden, Guardian of the Veil, it's more like we're using our body as a conduit to form a spiritual connection.

Binding the ancestors allows us to still assert our own will, whereas possession would be where an entity forces its will upon you (like the Traveller did once upon a time to a Spirit Walker in the Fortress prior to the War for the Underworld). 

I realize everyone has their own take on this but yeah I am still wondering about "ice." Is it just that we appear frozen in the moment or is there literal ice that forms as a result of this reaching out to tether a spirit (as if there is elemental magic at work, which I struggle to understand).  

Just curious about everyone's thoughts or developer insights. Thanks to @Mannimar for clarifying too: Souls/ghosts and spirits have generally been treated as different things IC.