Spiritlore

Comments

• Okay, so that's how wayfare works, cool! So what other skills are awesome that should be talked about?

• Ooh! Daina! Is that just basically the same thing as Salt for an alchemist or what does it do?

• edited November 2014
    Achimrst said:
    Elphaba said:
    Except you can't use Wayfare to chase your enemies because it requires you to have each other mutually allied...
    Like @Xith said there are ways around allies thing, but I was talking more about actual allies not enemies being forced to ally :P .
    Yeah, but sooner or later people are going to highlight things such as unenemying/allying and learn that you can check allies/enemies while blacked out.
  • edited November 2014

Puppet travel is a very poor (slow) method of chasing your opponent, does not need to be worldwide to chase your opponent, costs a lot of fashions (which matters when using a doll of someone you're actually fighting) and is almost never actually used for this purpose.  I've seen puppet travel used hundreds of times, and I'd estimate about 98% of them were to travel to allies in cities.

There's also another good method of chasing available to Shaman.  Walking. (ie, the same one everyone else uses).

dafuq?!
    |
    V
  • edited November 2014

Idea:  Give Shaman a way to craft ritual drums.  7 cities in, can't find one for sale.

(suggestion:  Just add it to Commune abilities)

• OH MY GOD SHUT UP AND LET MY DISCUSSION GET BACK TO TALKING ABOUT NEW SKILLS!

Wayfare has been covered, now if you want to get something nerfed, go talk about it where people care!!!

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    why is there a puppet travel discussion being held in a thread about a completely separate skillset
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited November 2014
    Elphaba said:
    Achimrst said:
    Elphaba said:
    Except you can't use Wayfare to chase your enemies because it requires you to have each other mutually allied...
    Like @Xith said there are ways around allies thing, but I was talking more about actual allies not enemies being forced to ally :P .
    Yeah, but sooner or later people are going to highlight things such as unenemying/allying and learn that you can check allies/enemies while blacked out.
    Yeah for this reason ALLIES needs a balance cost, the same way diagnose and defenses have.
    Automation ruins certain clever strategies that people wouldn't otherwise have the time to counter. If they're going to auto-check everything after a blackout ends it should cost them.

Checking affs and defs is one thing, but if you're gonna check allies, enemies, friends, your bank account, the temperature, that roast in the oven, and make sure your fly isn't down... I'd like to see an EQ penalty.

EDIT: Jesters need an 'Unzip' to use in blackouts. 'Twould be funny.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Sena said:
    Ernam said:
    Idea:  Give Shaman a way to craft ritual drums.  7 cities in, can't find one for sale.

(suggestion:  Just add it to Commune abilities)
    Did you check Delos? There were 45 left just a few minutes ago.

Only drums in Delos:   T_T

Proprietor: Lupine Kez a'Lenendra, the Ursulan.

--------(Item)------(Description)------------------------------(Stock)--(Price)[Reward]

drum168110 a small toy drum                                4   50000gp

• edited November 2014
    Sena said:
    Amarillys said:
    Okay, so that's how wayfare works, cool! So what other skills are awesome that should be talked about?
    I think Arcanor is pretty awesome.

A terrible, pervading cold suffuses your limbs as you raise your hands, channeling power not your own.
    With a grinding sound, a giant wall of ice rises to block the exit to the north.
    With a grinding sound, a giant wall of ice rises to block the exit to the northeast.
    With a grinding sound, a giant wall of ice rises to block the exit to the south.
    With a grinding sound, a giant wall of ice rises to block the exit to the southwest.
    With a grinding sound, a giant wall of ice rises to block the exit to the west.
    With a grinding sound, a giant wall of ice rises to block the exit to the northwest.
    1299h, 180m, 5395e, 5725w e-[17:55:29.167]
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    1299h, 180m, 5395e, 5731w ex-[17:55:34.097]
    So wait, Arcanor covers all exits in icewalls? That is -awesome-!

All it needs is to make a roof, too, to stop flying. Muahahaha, true fort!

• Sena said:
    Amarillys said:
    Okay, so that's how wayfare works, cool! So what other skills are awesome that should be talked about?
    I think Arcanor is pretty awesome.

A terrible, pervading cold suffuses your limbs as you raise your hands, channeling power not your own.
    With a grinding sound, a giant wall of ice rises to block the exit to the north.
    With a grinding sound, a giant wall of ice rises to block the exit to the northeast.
    With a grinding sound, a giant wall of ice rises to block the exit to the south.
    With a grinding sound, a giant wall of ice rises to block the exit to the southwest.
    With a grinding sound, a giant wall of ice rises to block the exit to the west.
    With a grinding sound, a giant wall of ice rises to block the exit to the northwest.
    1299h, 180m, 5395e, 5725w e-[17:55:29.167]
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    1299h, 180m, 5395e, 5731w ex-[17:55:34.097]

That's awesome! I assume they are normal icewalls as far as melting them goes? Not sure if you got to test that, but I've been curious.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • edited November 2014

They're totally normal icewalls, in every way, including being stopped by (most) other walls.

Cool ability.

• Do shamans have a way to burn down icewalls or will they need to get firelash rings? I know there's a burny skill in spiritlore that seems like firelash..

• Ernam said:
    Only drums in Delos:   T_T

Proprietor: Lupine Kez a'Lenendra, the Ursulan.

--------(Item)------(Description)------------------------------(Stock)--(Price)[Reward]

drum168110 a small toy drum                                4   50000gp

Still here:
    Sundries of Delos, including some clothes (indoors).
    Merentesh, Purveyor of Clothes is here.   You see a sign indicating there are WARES for sale here.
    You see a single exit leading west (open door).
    1299h, 1180m, 5349e, 5800w ex-[18:06:52.863]wares drum

Proprietor: Merentesh.
    --------(Item)------(Description)------------------------------(Stock)--(Price)
    (         drum317113) a ritual drum                                 45 (   500gp)

• Amarillys said:
    Do shamans have a way to burn down icewalls or will they need to get firelash rings? I know there's a burny skill in spiritlore that seems like firelash..
    Everyone has access to firelash ring.  Nobody needs class abilities to do it.  Shamans can also probably spiritwalk through them, but haven't tested (yet).

• Ernam said:
    Amarillys said:
    Do shamans have a way to burn down icewalls or will they need to get firelash rings? I know there's a burny skill in spiritlore that seems like firelash..
    Everyone has access to firelash ring.  Nobody needs class abilities to do it.  Shamans can also probably spiritwalk through them, but haven't tested (yet).

...Thanks for repeating what I said in my post without answering the question. Super appreciated ^_^

Spiritwalking through could be useful, provide a nifty way to protect their body.

• edited November 2014
    I didn't get to check what afflictions and such stop projection (except that prone stops it), but it has a 4 second balance, 60 second cooldown, uses 1000 mana, can't be used in the wilderness/subdivision or in single-exit rooms, moves you to a random adjacent room, bypasses walls (so I could have escaped my icewalls earlier), gives a 3rd person message that doesn't show the direction you moved in, can be followed (taking the followers with you through walls), and I don't know whether or not people following you will give away the direction with their follow message.

Not sure how useful that is, too sleepy to consider all the possibilities.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    Tested resurrection through the spirit bond with Arayan. No body needed. Can be used when your target died in another area. Requires 50 fashions of the person though. Doll is destroyed through the rezz.
  • That's awesome that you don't need a body.

• Does projection bypass hindrance too, aka is it Evade?

• It really should bypass room hinder. Evade with a four second balance and a minute cooldown? Fair enough.
  • edited November 2014
    It bypasses all forms of room hinder, yes. Also chooses a random exit.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    To clarify, there are actually ritual drums in Ashtan. Didn't check Hashan, but maybe they do, too.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

•  When spirit walking can you pass over an eye sigil?

Cahin said:
    Obliterate was a fair and balanced ability and it's removal from puppetry and vodun should have been a crime.
  • I'm really appreciating how fast they're addressing concerns about/bugs found in the new skillset. Big thanks to @Edrak‌ and @Makarios‌
  • four years as an Occultist, and I'm seriously considering a class change for the first time... To hell with the combat, the flavour alone has me drooling

• So I take issue with the cost of tribal totems.
    The commodities are the same as in Runelore, but while the total inks for a hinder totem would cost 180 retail, 10 black inks is 8000 gold.

Am I missing some massive 7820-gold benefit besides softfocus not affecting the circles? Cause they can also be smudged which is pretty hefty sabotage. I'm glad black inks have a use now but nobody is ever going to want to use them anyway when you'll be looking at a 4444% increase in cost per totem.
    What am I missing? Or was 10 inks a typo and it should be 1?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.