Hunting Script Help

Having a problem with Guhem's Hunting script. I'm not sure if the person who made this script is still around but I'm trying to get it to work and all that comes up is there is no hunting list for this area. The script is from the following post:
http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/1501/denizen-targeting-script
If this script doesn't work where can I find a decent hunting script?

I'm also having a problem with another script, Austere's affliction tracker. It works fine when I first set it up but When I close down mudlet and return the grey bar which shows the afflicitons moves all the way to the right and when I turn mapper on it hides the bar, anybody have a fix?

Comments

• I can't help with that script, but if you need an alternative and are on svo, you can use this one: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/1533/mudlet-another-denizen-targeting-script </shamelessplug>

If you don't use svo, I am also planning to adapt it to support other systems or possibly even no underlying system at all. But that involves patience on your side :( and probably the one or other testing balloon
  • thanks, I don't use SVO yet but I do plan to, parience I have since I have to finish transing a couple skills and than save up fir SVO so if you do compkete it let me know. I'll be months before I got it.
  • YaeYae
    edited November 2014

For @Guhem‌'s hunting script, there are a variety of reasons why it won't show a hunting list.

You'll want to first HINSTALL to make sure it's installed.

Alternatively, there might not be a hunting list for the area. You can HADD as you go through the area to add in the denizens you want to beat up.

For a more permanent solution (if you ever do HINSTALL again, it will reset everything), you can go into the script itself and add in the denizens manually in the area list, following the format already there. You can save this script elsewhere, if you want to install it in another profile or something.
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited November 2014
    As for my script,  make sure that you add my scripts into your target alias that reset afflictions. When you first setup mapper it will hide my stuff,  but a simple retarget puts stuff where it should be.   When you first login,  my display is empty (for the most part) and doesn't get populated until you run a reset and scoreup (targeting alias).

If you don't have svo, might want to do a search for svo, and make sure all that is commented out (it should be, depending on how recently you downloaded)

Simple solution: delete and reinstall (unless of course you just downloaded it recently), read docs thoroughly (they aren't long, and I drastically improved them)
  • Keneanung said:
    I can't help with that script, but if you need an alternative and are on svo, you can use this one: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/1533/mudlet-another-denizen-targeting-script </shamelessplug>

If you don't use svo, I am also planning to adapt it to support other systems or possibly even no underlying system at all. But that involves patience on your side :( and probably the one or other testing balloon
    Its not that hard to change for no system honestly, granted its easier for me since I made do/dofree/dor for WunderSys based on serverside but you could just use the eqbal queue.
  • I know. I have been looking at WunderSys for... "inspiration" how to implement dor for no underlying system. Although your approach is currently not able to support automatic fleeing instead of attacking, since I can't run functions server side. But I'll find a way around it.

BTW: If you'd use namespacing, people would be easily able to autodetect WunderSys and adapt scripts for it :wink: This is what I'm planning to do for public and/or often used systems
  • Okay have a new couple questions, I have bought SVO and plan to try to use the denizen targeting script you put up @Keneanung‌ thanks

@Austere I think my problem is I only use set target from the mud, how do I set up a targeting script?
  • I had a bug or two in my script, so you might want to export and redownload/import.  If you follow my thread,  I try to post when I change things.  There should be example targeting aliases all over the Internet for mudlet.  Actually,  there is the beginning of one in the instructions which come with the tracker.  Honestly though, implementing this is not a beginner level task yet. I could copy paste mine later tonight (cell phone right now),  but I feel like it will be more informative to write your own.  
  • thanks I will continue to work on it, I need to tey and play with Lua more and figure things out, been too busy trying to get to level 80 to even play around with it.
  • Also,  a good tip: last time I used serverside targeting it retardation,  it was eating a command.  Might not seem like a big deal,  but in retardation/aeon, one command is sometimes life or death.  Something to keep in mind. 
  • Bade said:
    Okay have a new couple questions, I have bought SVO and plan to try to use the denizen targeting script you put up @Keneanung‌ thanks
    If you have any questions about it, let me know!