River Boats

13»

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    So when do we set up the log ride?

• If you could do that, it'd be awesome. <3@Sarapis‌

• Sarapis said:
    Easy solution is forthcoming that ensures that swimming to cross rivers whilst using autowalking (WALKTO) will be faster than river currents can affect you generally, minus a couple waterfalls that newbies randomly going between cities and Minia (or anywhere really) won't encounter.
    Just for the record, the very first time I tried to go from Targossas to Greatrock (which is likely to be a pretty common route for newbies) after the change, I got washed off course and the walkto stopped.

I tried it a few more times - seems to happen every time.

I still think just having WALKTO ignore river rooms is the right way to go, but if it isn't going to, then it needs some further tweaking.
  • It also seems to be the case that there's a pretty good chance of being washed away whenever the course makes you actually swim through a river for a few rooms rather than just crossing it for one or two. Happened to me several times trying to go from Delos to Targossas.
  • TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)
    Santar said:
    It's pretty much a nightmare mechanically speaking. It exists for no reason other than to needlessly inconvenience the player. 
    ...The same can be said for lots of other players as well. Some of them are really a nightmare to deal with coding wise and they exist for no reason other than to needlessly inconvenience me.
  • @Tael Well, that was baffling but I think we just figured it out and everything should be good now, minus the large waterfall in the upper Pachacacha, where you still may get swept away.
  • So, how about you make it where if one person is following another when the current ticks, that the person following remains following.

Party separation due to the currents is pretty frustrating.