Defiling and sanctifying

Can we change how the commands for this works?

I can't tell you how many times i've went to drop a shrine and started doing offer corpse for defilement only to offer the corpse to the god.

if there's anything past offer corpse, I feel it shouldn't offer the corpse to a divine and should instead say what?

Cause honestly. O_O 

Comments

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Santar said:
    Hey brah, there's these things.

They're called 'alias'.

Mine are 'sanc <thing>'

and

'defi <thing>"

maybe you should try it.
    My alias had for in it :(

• edited November 2014

I posted a simple alias to TTG that checks GMCP for friendly/enemy shrines and overrides if you try to defile/sanctify backwards.

Use it!

• Ernam said:

I posted a simple alias to TTG that checks GMCP for friendly/enemy shrines and overrides if you try to defile/sanctify backwards.

Use it!

That's not even remotely what this thread is about, though...
  • Antonius said:
    Ernam said:

Use it!

That's not even remotely what this thread is about, though...

I don't have the slightest idea how you think it isn't.

if <shrine in room is enemy shrine>
       then <don't offer>
    else
       <do offer>
    end

How is this irrelevant?

• Its about offer vs sanctify/defile, not sanctify vs defile.
  • edited November 2014

It works just fine for preventing either mistake.

w/e don't use it.  don't bother me none, as they say in Kentucky.

• Thread is silly anyways. Input the proper syntax and you won't have an issue.

• There's also no harm in just changing a syntax if it's unnecessarily confusing or non-intuitive. 

• It is intuitive.  So are the aliases you can make using SETALIAS that are more intuitive.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    It would be basically the same as if you went to deposit 10,000,000 gold tragossas for Jhui's fine but there's no tragossas so it just deposits it into your bank account.

At least imo, with something as easy to do as typing for instead of to sanctifying to an enemy divine is a nuisance and a general overlook of how it really -should- work.

And no I have a little script that does sanctify/defile/offer for me but doesn't work with player corpses which is the main reason I never actually had an alias.

• If you're on SVO....

VOFFER
    VSANCTIFY
    VDEFILE