Random Topics

That are not ranty, ravy, combat log...y, or otherwise, but don't deserve their own thread.

If nothing else, then I can just post half of my dumb comments here where they can be cumulatively ignored/hailed as genius.  Feel free to do the same!

Starting with...

Comments

• You submit the idea #1365 'boons for lots of implemented bugfixes/ideas!' for review.

Self inclusive.

• How do you feel about BM having access to evade?

• Strongly.

• Jhui said:
    How do you feel about BM having access to evade?

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    MRW finding this thread:

• Lets put some (good) bashable stuff on Nishnatoba.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Once all the icons are gone, how about populating it with (relatively) low xp, low gold, wandering aggressive hard to kill mobs? People who want to PvP on a larger scale (2v2, 5v5, etc) can go there to do so, with the wandering mobs to make it a little more interesting... there's a 2v3 going on, in lumbers a rabid xabat that starts laying into both parties...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Sometimes I think Nishnatoba will soon be the only place anyone can participate in combat and the rest of Achaea will be mechanically inhibited from PK. The same people who are advocating such a system are the same people who will never stop crying in that case. Let the issues flow through you.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Strata said:
    Sometimes I think Nishnatoba will soon be the only place anyone can participate in combat and the rest of Achaea will be mechanically inhibited from PK. The same people who are advocating such a system are the same people who will never stop crying in that case. Let the issues flow through you.
    Not quite what I said, and I assume that you're not including me in the "people advocating such a system". However, Nishnatoba does lend itself to be a large scale battle area (I was going to use the word arena, but that has a different meaning in Achaea). Of course, that also depends on whether or not there will be a way to access Nishnatoba once all of the Icons are poofed.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

• Don't feed him plz.

Klendathu said:
    Strata said:
    Not quite what I said, and I assume that you're not including me in the "people advocating such a system". However, Nishnatoba does lend itself to be a large scale battle area (I was going to use the word arena, but that has a different meaning in Achaea). Of course, that also depends on whether or not there will be a way to access Nishnatoba once all of the Icons are poofed.
    It's "random topics" and it was a "random thought". If I were here to troll, this thread would be closed by now :wink:
    I legit suspect that eventually Achaea will turn into a mostly-non-PK environment (it already is, for the most part) where only special places like Nishnatoba open up during special events, but the rest of the game world is mechanically inhibited from PK. (i.e. everyone will have divine grace from PK and can only be slain by misadventure or denizens) It will be entirely our (as in, the playerbase as a whole) fault because it's what the majority want. Yes this is dreams of divine lands! Yes! You CAN have your cake and eat it too! And nobody seems to care about how their "needs" affect anyone else, even though they might appear to be mindful on the surface.

• The entire idea is just stupid.  There is more PK now than there ever has been, mostly because the PK rules have been almost entirely thrown out the window, and 95% of legitimate issues are dropped for "lack of in-character resolution".

I seriously haven't seen this much open PVP interaction, ever.

• Ernam said:

The entire idea is just stupid.  There is more PK now than there ever has been, mostly because the PK rules have been almost entirely thrown out the window, and 95% of legitimate issues are dropped for "lack of in-character resolution".

I seriously haven't seen this much open PVP interaction, ever.

The vast majority of issues without attenpted IC resolution are, by very definition by the rules,  invalid. Doesn't matter if you know it won't play out like you want it to, still have to make the gesture. 

• Ernam said:

Don't feed him plz.

Here you go @Strata, get big and strong.
    Lolz. I need to go back to the corner. There is clearly no sign of rehabilitation here. Let me know when Cyrene runs everything.
  • Strata said:
    Lolz. I need to go back to the corner. There is clearly no sign of rehabilitation here. Let me know when Cyrene runs everything.
    Hashan is manipulating everything behind the scenes @Strata no one makes their own decisions anymore.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I have a decision making permit:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

• Strata said:

But no one goes to Nishnatoba anymore. Icons are so Year 400. Trust me, I know because I sneak up there regularly to steal totems and sit for hours at a time uprooting and uprooting and uprooting and no one ever comes to stop me. It may be because I'm wearing my @Strata skin though (chameleon ftw) but I think the more likely reason is because no one cares about Icons anymore and even fewer people actually want to fight without 'rules' applied to every single freaking move they make. Just saying!
  • edited November 2014

Yeah, my idea for making Nish a bashing area would solve a few challenges.  It'd make up for the shortage of high-end bashing areas, and would create another free-pk hunting area, which I think are incredibly fun and good for both developing and fully developed characters.  Would also address the general pointlessness of the otherwise large and interesting area of Nishnatoba
  • Bluef said:
    Strata said:

But no one goes to Nishnatoba anymore. Icons are so Year 400. Trust me, I know because I sneak up there regularly to steal totems and sit for hours at a time uprooting and uprooting and uprooting and no one ever comes to stop me. It may be because I'm wearing my @Strata skin though (chameleon ftw) but I think the more likely reason is because no one cares about Icons anymore and even fewer people actually want to fight without 'rules' applied to every single freaking move they make. Just saying!
    Although Shallam's totems are all mine @_@ No one will ever find them!
  • AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited November 2014
    <some random stuff that has nothing to do with Achaea and so doesn't belong in this thread>

• Seems like that should be a poll =P.

• This is both a rant and a rave, but the :s smiley is so cute, why is it so cute! :s

• The constipation face?  It's my personal favorite as well.

:s     :|     o:)
  • no it's the "oh, gosh darn it, I just accidentally" face, stop trying to diminish its adorableness or I shall return to Achaea post-haste merely to evade spam you! I will! I am ruthless you know! (she's in Mhaldor not Cyrene after all...)
    @Bluef do you have any ideas you want to bring to this before they get claimed by the most important player in all of online gaming history?
  • Strata said:
    @Bluef do you have any ideas you want to bring to this before they get claimed by the most important player in all of online gaming history?
    I created the Curia and started a war with Twilight on behalf of it.

#MINDBLOWN
  • Achimrst said:
    Strata said:

#MINDBLOWN
    ???

• Amarillys said:
    Achimrst said:
    Strata said:

#MINDBLOWN
    ???
    Exactly