New denizen change....

13»

Comments

• Klendathu said:
    Alaskar said:
    It may have been said somewhere, but are we going to get abilities that allow us to hinder denizens or weaken them, etc?
    They don't run around when they're dead...
    Are you being daft on purpose or do you literally not get the whole point of this thread
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Bukariin said:
    Klendathu said:
    Alaskar said:
    It may have been said somewhere, but are we going to get abilities that allow us to hinder denizens or weaken them, etc?
    Are you being daft on purpose or do you literally not get the whole point of this thread
    What is factually incorrect about my statement?

Please, teach me to forum, oh wise one!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Bukariin said:
    Klendathu said:
    Alaskar said:

Pre-denizen change, there were some denizens that would chase.  They would not chase you through the entire area, however.  So it was possible, if you did run into a stack that you couldn't kill, that you could separate some group of them, kill that group, then kill the rest.

Now, if there's a group that is too large to kill, it's simply too large to kill.  Even if you leave the area and come back, that group which was aggressed on you will as a whole seek you out.  This can make it impossible to clear an area that was previously quite within your means.  This wasn't a necessary change.  It makes grinding arbitrarily more difficult without any conceivable reward.

What you said isn't factually incorrect, just totally devoid of reasonable expectations.
  • Klendathu said:
    Bukariin said:
    Klendathu said:
    Alaskar said:

Zombies. Also vampires and stuff.
  • UlrikeUlrike Maryland
    Bukariin said:
    Pre-denizen change, there were some denizens that would chase.  They would not chase you through the entire area, however.  So it was possible, if you did run into a stack that you couldn't kill, that you could separate some group of them, kill that group, then kill the rest.

Now, if there's a group that is too large to kill, it's simply too large to kill.  Even if you leave the area and come back, that group which was aggressed on you will as a whole seek you out.  This can make it impossible to clear an area that was previously quite within your means.  This wasn't a necessary change.  It makes grinding arbitrarily more difficult without any conceivable reward.
    You can still pull denizens away from groups. Enter, then leave, their room very quickly until you've caught the ire of one. It works the same as it used to, except sped up.

• Ulrike said:
    Bukariin said:

You can still pull denizens away from groups. Enter, then leave, their room very quickly until you've caught the ire of one. It works the same as it used to, except sped up.
    This hasn't been my experience.  Once you catch the attention of the group, you can literally leave the area and enter a different way and suddenly the whole group is once again on top of you.

Although I suppose I could try that trick, most denizens are fast enough to attack before I can move.
  • UlrikeUlrike Maryland
    Bukariin said:
    This hasn't been my experience.  Once you catch the attention of the group, you can literally leave the area and enter a different way and suddenly the whole group is once again on top of you.

Although I suppose I could try that trick, most denizens are fast enough to attack before I can move.
    1. If you've caught a whole group's attention...  yeah, I think that could stand dialing down just a little. The persistence and accuracy with which denizens track you even after leaving the area and returning is somewhat ridiculous.

That said, denizens still do not track beyond the boundaries of their usual tracking areas, which often don't extend to the entire local area. You can exploit that knowledge for fun and profit.

2. Make the enter/leave part of the same command. Make an alias, or use a separator like a semicolon. Sometimes you'll be so fast nothing notices you at all, but that's better than aggroing the entire stack. Repeat till it works.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited October 2014
    Bukariin said:
    What you said isn't factually incorrect, just totally devoid of reasonable expectations.
    :trollface: 

Nim said:
    Klendathu said:
    Bukariin said:
    Klendathu said:
    Alaskar said:
    Zombies. Also vampires and stuff.
    Damn you.

Edit... no, wait. Zombies shuffle. Vampires glide. No running. Ha, in your (unveiled) face, @Nim!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • The change is retarded.

I had a deathknight yesterday out-pace my autowalker while hitting me. 

Ur'Vamps dont even move that fast.

@Jhui doesn't even move that fast.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein