Healing Mounts

2»

Comments

• At next classlead, just suggest a new ability in Riding where you can throw yourself in front of an attack on your mount, if you're mounted on it. Like chivalry defense, but for the mount you're on.

I'm not an expert on mounted combat, so not sure if that would ever be actually useful or vital, but if you really want to save the horse or gargoyle or whatever, then don't see why you couldn't guide the mount so as to put yourself in more danger.

Some abilities, if makes sense, could bypass this if somehow needed for balance.
    The Truths hurt. Always.

• Serpents can (and often do, mine does) fight mounted, primarily for the ability to run on leg breaks, which at most can mean your survival, and at the least requires considerably more prep work for essentially any class that relies on limb breaks to kill.

Serpents don't need Block, dash, mountjump, or really, trample, but none of these things hurt - but again, the defensive ability, as well as the damage mitigation and additional dodging - do help quite a bit.

• Suladan said:
    At next classlead, just suggest a new ability in Riding where you can throw yourself in front of an attack on your mount, if you're mounted on it. Like chivalry defense, but for the mount you're on.

I'm not an expert on mounted combat, so not sure if that would ever be actually useful or vital, but if you really want to save the horse or gargoyle or whatever, then don't see why you couldn't guide the mount so as to put yourself in more danger.

Some abilities, if makes sense, could bypass this if somehow needed for balance.

This is a really simple, but very balanced solution.

Would be hard to make it "make sense" from an IC perspective (jumping in front of a mount, while riding on it..), but it would indeed "fix" the mount bashing problem, while maintaining artefact pets considerably better (wouldn't require using this ability, at all).  Meets all requirements.
  • Yeah, IC description would be more like guiding/riding the mount in such a way so as to protect it from harm. Riding style type of thing.

Glad that solution works for you. Now we just need classleads again and we're all set.
    The Truths hurt. Always.

• As far as I can tell, there has been no valid argument as to why such a classlead shouldn't be submitted or approved.

Thanks for all the input.