A clod of elemental clay.

KayeilKayeil Washington State
Just to be clear, is this an artefact one gets to keep forever, or temporarily? Are there any limits on what artefacts it won't mimic?
What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Kayeil said:
    Just to be clear, is this an artefact one gets to keep forever, or temporarily? Are there any limits on what artefacts it won't mimic?
    Forever, yes! It won't mimic any artefact that has a lasting effect after the artefact reverts, so you won't get things like the gem of reincarnation, blademaster bands, collar of lupus etc.

• Wtf is a clod of elemental clay?

• To     : Everyone
    Subject: Sale adjustments
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We've reworked the tiers for the current promotion slightly, here's the details of the changes:

* The 800cr tier has been moved to 600cr (Voucher)
    * A phial of shimmering ink has been added at the 750cr tier.
    * An artefact discount voucher has been added at the 900cr tier.
    * A new artefact has been added at the 2000cr tier:

A clod of elemental clay
    - This malleable chunk of clay from the elemental plane of earth has the power to mimic any one of 
    hundreds of artefacts for a short time.
    - Simply SCULPT the clay, and it will transform into a random artefact for 30 minutes.
    - When the 30 minutes is up, you may attempt to sculpt the clay again for another try. The first 
    attempt per Achaean month will always succeed, and subsequent sculptings have a diminishing chance 
    of success.

Those of you who've exceeded the 600cr threshold already have been retroactively awarded the prizes 
    for the new reward tiers.

Penned by My hand on the 13th of Glacian, in the year 668 AF.
  • Oh. Cool.

• @Tecton‌

Only artefacts that are currently for sale, or any random artefacts?

Would buy this even if it took me a year to get dragonskin armor, or any of a long list of auction artefacts.

I'm 99% sure I know the answer, but here's to the one percent.

• @Ernam I'm sure you would really enjoy having dragonskin armour for 30 minutes.

@Tecton: Does it duplicate artefacts you already own? Does it have a tradein value/what is its tradein value?
  • edited November 2014
    My initial understanding was that if you get something useful, you can keep it as long a you like, but I think that's not the case.

totes not useful, but "fun" I guess.
    Ernam said:

@Tecton‌

Only artefacts that are currently for sale, or any random artefacts?

Would buy this even if it took me a year to get dragonskin armor, or any of a long list of auction artefacts.

I'm 99% sure I know the answer, but here's to the one percent.

There are a couple in there that are not for sale any more.

Antonius said:
    @Ernam I'm sure you would really enjoy having dragonskin armour for 30 minutes.

@Tecton: Does it duplicate artefacts you already own? Does it have a tradein value/what is its tradein value?
    It may duplicate an item you already own, yes.
    It can be traded-in, but needs to be arranged through artefacts@achaea.com - tradein value is 300cr.
  • edited November 2014

@Tecton would interesting to sell a version of this artefact that doesn't poof after 30 minutes, for something like 2000cr.

Can re-roll it after 30 minute and everything, but whatever it lands on sticks until you decide to change it.  Like an artefact that transmogrifies, basically.  For 2000cr it's highly improbable that it'd land on any arties that actually cost that much, but it'd be fun and interesting to play with it and find neat/useful artefacts, then reroll them later on if you don't need them anymore.

• Or maybe just extend the time to an hour or two?  It can still be reset after 30 minutes, but if you get something you like, you can hang on to it for awhile.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
    Daeir said:
    In the interests of being a cool dude, could you list what artefacts that aren't for sale any more can be mimiced by the clay? I'd love to know, and it might just push me over the edge if there's cool stuff in there.
    You'll have to find out!
  • edited November 2014

Would be curious about what @Bluef disagrees with, if it wasn't Bluef.

Ernam
    1:17AM
    ---------
    Hello everyone, have a nice day!

<Bluef: disagree>  :|
    Ernam said:

@Tecton would interesting to sell a version of this artefact that doesn't poof after 30 minutes, for something like 2000cr.

Can re-roll it after 30 minute and everything, but whatever it lands on sticks until you decide to change it.  Like an artefact that transmogrifies, basically.  For 2000cr it's highly improbable that it'd land on any arties that actually cost that much, but it'd be fun and interesting to play with it and find neat/useful artefacts, then reroll them later on if you don't need them anymore.

No plans at this stage, and if we did, it would cost a -lot- more than 2000cr!

• 2000cr and some coupons to Denny's?

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Denny's still exists?
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    Ernam said:

Would be curious about what @Bluef disagrees with, if it wasn't Bluef.

Ernam
    1:17AM
    ---------
    Hello everyone, have a nice day!

<Bluef: disagree>  :|
    Sorry, there isn't a "I think that's a stupid, self-serving idea" button. 

I understand that some people who can afford to bulk up on artefacts want lots of shiny things at incredibly high credit prices to further distance themselves from the player base who can only afford standard artefacts or none at all, but given the sweeping changes made recently to make hunting and other elements of the game a bit more level, and not artefact dependent, I think it's a shit idea to create even more economically-driven artefact disparity in Achaea.
  • edited November 2014

@Bluef honestly not looking to get into a huge debate (or conversation) with you, but a 2000cr artefact that would 99.5% of the time give you artefacts that cost less than 2000cr, 0.5% of the time give you an artefact that costs 2000cr, and maybe, some day, give you level 3 gauntlets, isn't making it any easier for anyone to "artie out".  If anything, it'd cost a hell of a lot more for the same "toy", with the benefit of letting you swap around if you change class or want to have some fun with it.

Either way, idea has already been puppet obliterated by the Master Jester, so:  :|
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    You must want to get into a debate of some kind because you're citing BS about how it wouldn't cause anyone to "artie out" when I didn't say any such thing. What I wrote was that there is a gap between rich and poor players in Achaea and that I think it's a shit idea to create further uber-expensive artefacts that compound it.

Economic gaps in the player base result in artefacts being unequally distributed among individuals and in some cases among cities. You can differ with me in opinion on the importance of that fact but you can't deny that kind of inequality doesn't promote further investment on the part of some players. It is what it is and you're a walking example of it.

From a development standpoint, when a game is recruiting new players the last thing it needs is this kind of disparity hindering its growth long-term. In other words, if Achaea keeps increasing the threshhold at which new players need to invest to be relevant combat or hunting-wise, the game will eventually hit the red brick wall of not being attractive to newbies.

That has nothing to do with whether you think there is value in a 2,000+ credit toy you can enjoy however you see fit other than the fact that you are so willing and able to purchase said toy (and thus can likely not grasp or want to acknowledge the argument I'm making against 2,000-credit toys).

Edit: Typos. Thoughts in a paragraph blender. Grrr. 
  • edited November 2014

1)  Buy Achaea / IRE
    2)  Provide it to everyone for free.

(drops mic, and abandons thread)
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    Did Achaea become pay-to-play and I missed it, or is that your attempt at a witty end to the debate and banter? Because honestly you're no Slim Shady.

Next time, don't tag me in a random insult with a question you don't really want answered.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    sigh

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Tecton said:
    Daeir said:
    In the interests of being a cool dude, could you list what artefacts that aren't for sale any more can be mimiced by the clay? I'd love to know, and it might just push me over the edge if there's cool stuff in there.
    You'll have to find out!
    I really hate the idea of spending close to 600 dollars without knowing what it can actually do. Yes,  this is a bonus,  but it would be the reason I bought that many credits.  Finding out in under a month is going to be tough since it could roll the same thing multiple times. 
    edited November 2014
    Austere said:
    Tecton said:
    Daeir said:
    You'll have to find out!
    I really hate the idea of spending close to 600 dollars without knowing what it can actually do. Yes,  this is a bonus,  but it would be the reason I bought that many credits.  Finding out in under a month is going to be tough since it could roll the same thing multiple times. 
    That's fair, there's some artefact armour there (that's no longer available), and a couple of items that have only previously existed as auction items!

ETA: Just did a quick tally, there's 179 artefact possibilities that the clay can mimic!
  • 179 possible.  So many chances of getting an artefact I don't need.  Take out all the level one and two stuff and I am sold! I figure even if I roll level 3 dexterity boots,  I won't complain.  
  • @tecton what are the chances of it turning into a wand of ultranova pls?

i assume less than the 0.55866% if they were weighted equally
  • This seems like a very, very cool, but very, very useless item for the people who will have it. Most people who are going to drop 2k credits are going to have a lot of artefacts already. The chance to turn into 100% useless weapons for your class, or artefacts you already have, is enough to convince me it's nothing but a novelty that will very rarely be useful.

• At the very least it should not turn into any artefact you own (or a lesser level of it), or something that is not effective for your class.

• With a 300 credit tradein value, I'd personally just look at it as a 15% credit bonus on my purchase of 2k, on top of all the other bonuses that you get along the way.