Lodsofemone

2»

Comments

• Jakarana said:
    Malorn said:

They do. the wording on the help file is that they convert the sword into an artefact weapon and give it reset. Artefact weapons don't decay, and reset can't be put onto something that decays last checked.

And it came up a while back when there was a discussion about stasis sheathes and customization with no one contradicting it.

I'd believe a blademaster that -has- a band that said they don't, but it would be pretty surprising.
    Yeah I saw that discussion. The conclusion on that was that you CAN customise a sheathe and/or get it to be non-decay, but it cant be made stasis which is against the point of a scabbard in a lot of cases.
    If you already have an artifact sword and just want a cool sheathe that fits it, that'd be the only real reason.

Also can you change the bands if you get a higher grade one later on?
    You can upgrade a band to the next level up by paying the difference in prices between the two levels.

Not sure I understand your statement about scabbards, but you can get a stasis enchantment put on a scabbard, which halves the decay rate of a weapon sheathed in the scabbard (no effect while it's drawn, but that's not a problem for blademasters).
  • Kayeil said:
    I think at one point Tecton or Sarapis said maybe eventually they'd allow some tweaks in the description in the future, but not allowing a name change on the blade? I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember this being discussed before.
    @Kayeil: It's been discussed, and so far, the Garden consensus was no. If I remember correctly, one reason was that they don't want a bunch of Buster Sword/Muramasa/Excalipoop/etc expies running around.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I know they won't be allowing name changes. I said I think they said they'd consider allowing blademasters to tweak the examined description of their blades, like a different coloured pommel and small things like that. 
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    I know they won't be allowing name changes. I said I think they said they'd consider allowing blademasters to tweak the examined description of their blades, like a different coloured pommel and small things like that. 
    @Kayeil: I would actually like that, myself. Viability probably depends on whether that would require changes to the customisation process and if said changes would be worth it.