Having finished grad school, I am contemplating making a glorious return to Achaea on a new character without any of the substantial baggage Tael has developed over the approximate decade I played him.
I'm looking toward Targossas in particular, but the thing I'm having trouble with is deciding on a class. I also have a few other questions.
1) Now that there's server-side curing, is cobbling together your own system on top of it less of a Herculean task than it used to be? I'd like to go this route, but I'm not sure just how much has been implemented server-side and how much I would have to write myself (I'm a substantially better coder than when I left, but I'm still not sure I'm up to the task if it's too great).
2) Now that there's server-side curing, are affliction classes harder to play in general? I remember that they were already getting harder and harder to be merely competent at (even when they remained competitive at the upper echelons) as more and more people had basic systems in place.
3) Is Blademaster still mostly useless in raids? It was by far my favourite class from an RP perspective and I liked the combat too (insofar as I participated in it), but I always felt like I had nothing to do during raids. Now that ranged combat has been nerfed, do blademasters still feel like they mostly just sit there summoning spark? Is there any hope that the class will ever get a bit more raid utility like virtually every other class possesses?
4) The knight changes look enticing, but what is happening to Chivalry? Are knights retaining falcons and bows (i.e., raid utility)? If blademaster is still largely pointless in raids, I'm considering Paladin.
5) And, just for my own edification, after these years away, have people (read: Sena) finally figured out what the limb damage/health formula actually is?
Also, is there anything I should know about that isn't in the Announces? I read all of them since I left, but anything that comes to mind that I might have missed?