Custom Arties & Multiclass

With multiclass on the horizon, it occurs to me that a custom SoA that suits one class might not suit their other class(es), and with the ability to switch classes regularly, the cost of recustomising for 50 credits every time is obviously unfeasible.

So at first I thought of emailing customisations@achaea.com about a feature to change it on a whim.
Ex: TURN SHIELD flips the description. Or TURN SHIELD 3 to set the third description and so on.
But custom coding runs 500+ and I imagine this request will come up in the future.

I guess the simplest way would be to change the customisation system so that each item can have multiple descriptions that can be activated, possibly via another artefact (or one that removes a 5cr per switch cost).
I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.

Comments

• pretty sure it's cheaper than 500 to have TURN SHIELD change the description...
  • I'm awaiting the email response on that one, but it may be.
  • edited November 2014
    I'm a magi, formerly a jester.

You begin to wield a squeaky rubber shield in your right hand.
    A rubber shield squeaks as you begin to wield it.

Quite comical looking, this round, hollow shield is composed of bright red 
    rubber. The material is hard, yet yields easily to blows to ensure that it 
    always bends, rather than breaks. Upon the surface is painted a rudimentary 
    smiley face encircled by Aldar runes of the same startlingly bright yellow, the 
    characters more bubbly and lazy than would normally be seen. Completing the non-
    threatening appearance of the toy-like shield are two braided white ropes, the 
    knotted ends secured to the concave side of the shield. The parallel lengths are 
    perfectly distanced to allow one to be gripped while the other binds the shield 
    to the forearm. Discreetly positioned on the curved edge of the shield are two 
    small holes, allowing the shield to expel air when compressed, creating an 
    obnoxious, high pitched squeak at the slightest provocation.

It does reflect my character and that's why I haven't bothered to change it for the past 12 RL months. But on the other hand, I have different fingers.

EDIT: Regarding cowboy astronauts, some people do call me the space cowboy.
  • Xith said:

Regarding cowboy astronauts, some people do call me the space cowboy.
    But how many people call you Maurice?

• That thing is obnoxious. Just get it re-customized for 50 credits that will suit any class you choose to change to.

• I can't see that this is a problem that needs solving by the admin. Either choose a customisation that will fit regardless of what class you are or pay the cost involved in having an artefact that shifts descriptions.

• My point is that it's going to be a common request, if not for shields then for other stuff. I'm sure 150cr is reasonable to add descripty switchy bewitchedy, but instead of the emails they can just do it through customisation and/or an artefact.
  • Man, I wish we blademasters can use SoAs... 

kek

• I'm not sure if it will be a common request. The game as a whole seems to be promoting ideal-based identities rather than personal, customised ones based on any specific class or an individual's take on it. Multiclass itself is an expression of that. That's my two cents on it anyway. If this kind of thing did exist though I'd purchase it in a heartbeat. Less than a heartbeat. A millsecond into the beat itself. GIMME!
  • I'm with Blue Pikachu.

Taking your shield as an example: leaving aside my personal opinions about rubber shields, if your character is silly enough to wield one in one class, he's still silly enough whenever he's another class. A silly jester isn't suddenly a perfectly serious person when he switches to magi. Only his skillset changes.

I have a multitude of customised artefacts, but no matter which other class I multiclassed to, they would still fit, because they were tailored primarily to my character, not his class.
  • I don't think it would cost that much to request a desc change reaction.

I'm not against the idea, because customisations are a cheap and easy way to invigorate the game/your character for yourself, so I'm always in favour of things that facilitate them, but I just think you're overestimating the involved cost. If anything, throwing out a figure of 500cr in this thread is disastrous because Sarapis will see it and his eyes will light up like Scrooge McDuck and that'll be what everybody will end up paying if they request desc change reactions in the future.

And now that's all your fault.

• Silas said:
    I don't think it would cost that much to request a desc change reaction.

I'm not against the idea, because customisations are a cheap and easy way to invigorate the game/your character for yourself, so I'm always in favour of things that facilitate them, but I just think you're overestimating the involved cost. If anything, throwing out a figure of 500cr in this thread is disastrous because Sarapis will see it and his eyes will light up like Scrooge McDuck and that'll be what everybody will end up paying if they request desc change reactions in the future.

And now that's all your fault.
    Well I thought Sarapis was always Scrooge McDuck. Which means Tecton is probably Mickey, Makarios is Pluto... what was the topic though...

Oh yeah, got a response:
    ---
    "Hi there!

For every change, you'd be looking at a charge of 50 credits for the description and a further 25 credits for the reaction and the change in description itself."
    ---

Whoever handles customisations is obviously Goofy. Seriously just read "Hi there!" in his voice and you're set.

• And it's not about my character's personality changing with his class.
    It's because my character wants his handbag to match his shoes.
  • Iocun said:
    I'm with Blue Pikachu.

Taking your shield as an example: leaving aside my personal opinions about rubber shields, if your character is silly enough to wield one in one class, he's still silly enough whenever he's another class. A silly jester isn't suddenly a perfectly serious person when he switches to magi. Only his skillset changes.

I have a multitude of customised artefacts, but no matter which other class I multiclassed to, they would still fit, because they were tailored primarily to my character, not his class.
    I also agree, but there are also sometimes practical (RP) concerns. For example, someone with Robes of the Magi might want thick, heavy robes as a magi or alchemist, but when they switch to monk they'd want something lighter that doesn't get in the way of their more active/physical fighting style.