Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Classleads September 2014

Comments

• JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,304 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Since we knocked down monk's limb damage, can we get a buff to Tekura accuracy? Just went 17 hits and 44 misses on Maccabeus... That's 2 minutes, 44 seconds to prep just legs, and that's only in Tekura balances. Actual time to prep two legs was 4 minutes, 44 seconds. Spent a lot of the fight perma-paralyzed or off eq from using disrupt to avoid the lightwall/darkshade instakill. 5 minutes is a long time to set up a kill when you're fighting a class with a ~15s instakill skill. And hell, I didn't even prep torso, which is pretty necessary for a kill.
    ErnamRohai
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited October 2014
    Jacen said:
    Since we knocked down monk's limb damage, can we get a buff to Tekura accuracy? Just went 17 hits and 44 misses on Maccabeus... That's 2 minutes, 44 seconds to prep just legs, and that's only in Tekura balances. Actual time to prep two legs was 4 minutes, 44 seconds. Spent a lot of the fight perma-paralyzed or off eq from using disrupt to avoid the lightwall/darkshade instakill. 5 minutes is a long time to set up a kill when you're fighting a class with a ~15s instakill skill. And hell, I didn't even prep torso, which is pretty necessary for a kill.
    If your disrupting to avoid the lightwall/darkshade instakill.. you could be running.. and returning.. because limbs don't reset for 3 minutes but afflictions will reset in 10-15 seconds tops.

And even if they don't fully reset if you run out of the room and cure half of it the serpent will need to reset because fuck if he knows what you cured and what you didn't.

Oh and if you think Maccabeus is bad try fighting Strata, Took me over 20 minutes to prep him once as bm. (that's in thyr also)

• JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,304 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Perma-paralysis + pinshot. While you're trying to move away and failing, you're wasting balance and time that you could be hindering to achieve the same effect.
  • ErnamErnam Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

Honestly, you should just channel your inner Miagorme and spam JPK to prep these dodge min-maxers.

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
      1. MakariosMakarios Administrator Posts: 1,861 Achaean staff
        Will take a look at monk accuracy when time permits (obviously a little busy this week end, but we'll see how things go). Reevaluating that is probably fair given the limb damage changes. No promises, of course.
        RohaiValaria
      2. CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        Jacen said:
        Perma-paralysis + pinshot. While you're trying to move away and failing, you're wasting balance and time that you could be hindering to achieve the same effect.
        Tumble is your friend.

3. SeftinSeftin Member Posts: 923 @ - Epic Achaean
        were you using RHK?
      4. ErnamErnam Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        RHK misses a lot.  Nowhere as bad as SWK, but against super-dodgy mofos, it's still pretty unreliable.

Unless you're good at sticking paralysis (which ain't easy), best bet is sadly JPK (mind throw, JPK if you're pinshot).

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
          1. BukariinBukariin Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
            JPK is good for a lot of things, anyway, like dismounting opponents.  I usually have to spam JPK before I kai up enough for a Banish.
          2. PaynePayne Member Posts: 32 ✭✭ - Stalwart
            @makarios I'd say looking into having jpk NOT unstance you would be pretty cool also or make stancing use no balances
            Draqoom
          3. JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,164 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            lmao
            ExelethrilVaehlJhuiMizik
          4. BukariinBukariin Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
            Payne said:
             make stancing use no balances
            No, as much as I'd like this, it would mean you could literally change stance mid-combo. 
            Draqoom
          5. CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            edited October 2014
            scs;kick;brs;punch;punch;drs - yeah no thanks. Unless you can't change stance while -off- balance/prone/hindered in any normal way, then I don't really think that'd be a huge problem. jpk not unstancing you though... lul

6. VaehlVaehl Member Posts: 962 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            Please, please explore your class however you can and try out new strategies before suggesting really impactful changes
          7. TerraTerra Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

I agree. JPK should do 0 damage, be avoidable by balancing, and not unstance you.

F-in JPK.

@Makarios *hope*

8. MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,096 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            Jacen said:
            Blademaster feels your pain.

Can we get JPKSlash? 

Or this 

Solution #1:
            Allow Blademaster Bands to increase to-hit by 5/10/15%.
            Solution #2:
            Increase Thyr to-hit bonus to +30% for free.
            Solution #3:
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Decision:
            Approved for investigation vs high dex targets.
            Atalkez
          9. AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 4,958 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            Man I missed 40% against a Magi earlier today.

You hug Aurora compassionately.
            Mizik
          10. AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 4,958 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            Double post

@Makarios is the above still being looked into or is it on the list for next round of classleads?

You hug Aurora compassionately.
          11. TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            Atalkez said:
            Man I missed 40% against a Magi earlier today.
            you loved that fight and you know it
            Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
            Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
            Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

SharaAtalkez
          12. CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
            edited October 2014
            Voidfist 4 seconds now with a 2.7 second balance and still costs 15 shin? Why not remake the ability instead of turning it into... that..

Edit: Or at least remove impale making it poof until someone can come up with a better fix.

13. AerekAerek East Tennessee, USAMember Posts: 1,818 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            edited October 2014
            I do wish it took at least a bit of build-up to get to Void. Getting Voided after the first strike or two pretty much sets the tone for that fight.
            -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
          14. CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
            edited October 2014
            Aerek said:
            I do wish it took at least a bit of build-up to get to Void. Getting Voided after the first strike or two pretty much sets the tone for that fight.
            Somethign like that's fine, not disagreeing with that. Voidfist is.. mostly useless. Might still be okay in group combat if all im doing is voidfisting.. but I can't up with a use for voidfist to be useful at all to a blademaster unless perhaps you need it to finish a lock, and even then 3 seconds 2.7 with nimble for 4 seconds worth of us.. negatable..

15. CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
            Caladbolg said:
            Aerek said:
            Somethign like that's fine, not disagreeing with that. Voidfist is.. mostly useless. Might still be okay in group combat if all im doing is voidfisting.. but I can't up with a use for voidfist to be useful at all to a blademaster unless perhaps you need it to finish a lock, and even then 3 seconds 2.7 with nimble for 4 seconds worth of us.. negatable..
            Nevermind what I said, I apprently didn't read the rest of the announcement with the voidfist changes, voidfist is good.

EldErnam
          16. BluefBluef DelosMember Posts: 2,176 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            Sena said:
            Jovolo said:
            [2] - Swiftcurse equilibrium prior to this change was four seconds, and lasted for 15. Swiftcursed curses were 1 second. That gave you roughly 11 before it wore off. Don't forget that any level of hindrance also affected this, as well as curseward coming up. The change to Swiftcurse means you get a guaranteed amount of curses before swiftcurse wears off. This is a considerable benefit. It is also impossible to get 13 curses on a Swiftcurse as Vaehl mentioned. The artefacts give +2/+4/+6 to curses. With the level three artefact, you have 16. (or, comparitvely, a 60% increase. Remind me what the % boost was for the old level three artefact?). Buff.
            The skull pendants were 15/25/35%. Swiftcursed curses with nimble were less than 1 second, so without a pendant you could get 12-13 curses per swiftcurse (14-15 with swiftcursed swiftcurse), with a level 3 pendant it was 17-18 curses (20-21 with swiftcursed swiftcurse).

Overall, I'd say the artefact was nerfed a bit while swiftcurse was buffed.

Edit: For bashing though, this was a huge buff.

Edit2: Also, unless it was fixed without an announcement, swiftcurse still reduces swiftcurse eq, so if you want to keep that benefit you get 1 less curse per swiftcurse (9/11/13/15 with unartied/L1/L2/L3), since you're using swiftcurse again when you have 1 curse left. Presumably that's why Bluef said she gets 13 curses with a level 2 pendant.
            I'm usually a fan of your statistics but you're way off here, Sena. I was getting 20s of swiftcurse with a Level 2. I didn't even have to bother with the Level 3. Now you get 13 straight curses (for 800 credits) Just saying. 
          17. CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 5,074 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            No you weren't, unless you were bugged.

18. SenaSena Member Posts: 3,957 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            Bluef said:
            I'm usually a fan of your statistics but you're way off here, Sena. I was getting 20s of swiftcurse with a Level 2. I didn't even have to bother with the Level 3. Now you get 13 straight curses (for 800 credits) Just saying. 
            Exactly how long did swiftcurse last for you? I was just assuming 15*1.25=18.75, but the artefact bonuses might not have been exact, or base swiftcurse might not have been 15 seconds. Do you have a diadem, and if so what's the eq on swiftcursed swiftcurse?
          19. KafzielKafziel Member Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
            The only situations where this could conceivably be a nerf are:
            1) You're standing in room only cursing someone solidly for ~15 seconds
            2) You're bashing and it's something that takes a long time to kill and you're cursing for like 15 seconds

In every other situation it is a buff. You're the only shaman complaining about it, Bluef
          20. KuyKuy Member Posts: 1,497 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            Kafziel said:
            2) You're bashing and it's something that takes a long time to kill and you're cursing for like 15 seconds

In every other situation it is a buff. You're the only shaman complaining, Bluef

[2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
          21. JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,164 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            Kuy said:
            Kafziel said:

In every other situation it is a buff. You're the only shaman complaining, Bluef

Wish I had the money spare to go Shaman right now. Hnnngh.
            Sherazad
          Sign In to Comment.