Ask your Producer: October 2014

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Kinilan said:
    What about halberds, clubs, forged maces, bardiches, spears and javelins? Anything in the works to repurpose them?

Oh and tridents, I forgot about tridents...

Polearms are going on ice for a while, they'll be used some time in the future.
    Spears and tridents will remain in place for Sentinels.
    Clubs and forged maces will be going the way of the dodo.
    Javelins will stay as they are now.

Tarkanian said:
    Another question: is Sword&Board limited to wielding swords only? Or is it just a placeholder to describe the skillset (using a one-handed weapon, either cutting or blunt, and a shield) itself?
    Broad and Longsword for that spec, yes.

Suladan said:
    1) When concoctions is split off as a tradeskill, will Sentinels, Druids and Sylvans all get the same replacement skill or will it be different for each one?

2) Currently concoctions gives a sip bonus when trans'd. Will that stay and anybody gets the sip bonus? Does Transmutation also give a sip bonus?
    1) Different skill for each class, yes.
    2) No, those transcendent benefits will not longer be in effect. For the most part, they were given to compensate for only having two combat skills.

Cynlael said:
    @Tecton since you've said no to the GMCP afflictions, would it be possible to at least get a CONFIG option like all the other IRE games have, for a generic affliction line?
    Something akin to: 'You have been afflicted with paralysis.' / 'You have been afflicted with left_leg_broken' etc. Which tacks on after attack lines?
    example:
    Lightning-quick, Tecton jabs an ornate steel rapier into your left leg.
    <affliction line here>
    You have been afflicted with <affliction>.
    Tecton viciously jabs an ornate steel rapier into your left leg.
    <2nd affliction line here>
    You have been afflicted with <affliction>.
    <----prompt line---->
    Edit; obviously things like Loki would show say 'afflicted with hidden' or something of that nature, not what you got hit with.
    No plans to, no!
  • Cynlael said:
    Suladan said:
    1) When concoctions is split off as a tradeskill, will Sentinels, Druids and Sylvans all get the same replacement skill or will it be different for each one?

2) Currently concoctions gives a sip bonus when trans'd. Will that stay and anybody gets the sip bonus? Does Transmutation also give a sip bonus?
    Transmutation gets a bonus to potash consumption, if I remember correctly. Been a while since I've been Alchemist. I think HELP TRANSMUTATION should say.
    They have temporary buffs that give vitality and mentality sip bonuses separately, iirc. Educe mercury and sulphur, I think?
    Kinilan said:
    Are there rough numbers on what the populations of the city-states? Not players but the background population. The unseen peoples that live in them? What about Sapience? Meropis? How many people actually live in the small slice of Achaea that we as players experience?

The picture of Sarapis with His hands around Achaea shows Sapience, Meropis, the edge of Kashar, and another continent/chain of islands south of Meropis plus some other rather large islands. My question is do you have an idea of what's on the OTHER side of the planet or is that all just open potential still?

Questions like that have always been bouncing around in the back of my head. Why does Sapience and Meropis, after 500 years without, have this population of super powerful mortals fueld by freaking dragon cores, or whatever the hell we got retconed into having inside of us.

Do you blink at the big picture questions like we as players do, or is there, tucked away somewhere, notes and details that describe Achaea in it's entierity?

More importantly, when will I be able to circumnavigate Achaea? 3 months from now? 4?
    1) Not really, no.
    2) Yes, the world is mostly mapped out.
    3) Some notes and brainstorming on some things, but there's no "Achaea bible" that has the entire universe mapped out.
    4) Just keep sailing east, see what happens (say hello to fluffy for me)!
  • Tecton said:
    Spears and tridents will remain in place for Sentinels.
    When sentinels get their new skill, will their usage of spears/tridents be expanded at all? I've always felt that they're extremely underutilised.
  • Eld said:
    Cynlael said:
    Transmutation gets a bonus to potash consumption, if I remember correctly. Been a while since I've been Alchemist. I think HELP TRANSMUTATION should say.
    They have temporary buffs that give vitality and mentality sip bonuses separately, iirc. Educe mercury and sulphur, I think?
    There's also faster potash balance from trans transmutation (from the Philosopher's Stone).

• Tecton said:

Clubs and forged maces will be going the way of the dodo.
    what no, pirates need clubs
  • If an ocean room is over-fished, how long it needs to reset to full fish? On next serenade or next IC year?
    Also, do over-fished rooms affect many nearby rooms making them over-fished too?
  • Eld said:
    Cynlael said:
    Suladan said:

Honestly, they weren't entirely worth it in comparison to the forestal equiv. 10% chance to fade, whereas concoctionists had it regardless of buff. And I -think- it could be stripped, not 100% sure on that. It wasn't worth it to have it on keepup while hunting or in combat situations (in my opinion anyhow)... it was almost like in some situations where you'd have fitness on keepup- just another thing that puts you off balance when you could cure something else or attack.
    meh

Josoul said:
    If an ocean room is over-fished, how long it needs to reset to full fish? On next serenade or next IC year?
    Also, do over-fished rooms affect many nearby rooms making them over-fished too?
    Depends on the level of overfishing, it restocks at least part of it every day at the serenade. 
    And yes, they do.
    Just to note, I'll be wrapping this thread up at the Serenade tonight, so if you've got any last minute questions, please be sure to have them posted before then!
  • @tecton - BBQ Chicken Wings or Extra Hot Chicken Wings?
  • When was the last Boon given?
    Would you consider reminding the rest of the team they can (I guess they can, no?) give boons or figure a way to put some boons up as prizes in some events now and then?
    In the help file it is implied that people could pursue a boon. Is it still possible? Any hint?

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Can I have a pet unicorn named Charlie wearing a golden crown engraved with a banana that randomly yells "OH GOD THEY STOLE MY KIDNEY" ?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

Josoul said:
    When was the last Boon given?
    Would you consider reminding the rest of the team they can (I guess they can, no?) give boons or figure a way to put some boons up as prizes in some events now and then?
    In the help file it is implied that people could pursue a boon. Is it still possible? Any hint?

We don't really do boons any more, no. 
  • I have question about flying in wilderness in general, i wonder if is possible (in similar to ship in respect of steering...) that allow you to fly automatically in a direction you are heading to.... ? gliding (in face of sudden wind), flying, etc. I hit the button too many times just to get across on the wilderness map.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
    Valaria said:
    I have question about flying in wilderness in general, i wonder if is possible (in similar to ship in respect of steering...) that allow you to fly automatically in a direction you are heading to.... ? gliding (in face of sudden wind), flying, etc. I hit the button too many times just to get across on the wilderness map.
    Nothing currently in place. Feel free to IDEA it though, and we'll take a look when time permits!
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited October 2014
    Would you ever consider a paid position for RP, storyline and lore that doesn't have to handle issues and bugs?

Would an Achaea-themed story/novel ever be something you'd be interested in collaborating on? Not to sell - if I did it, wouldn't have an issue with giving you the rights - just something to use as promotional material, with the sole caveat of being credited.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

edited October 2014
    Jurixe said:
    Would you ever consider a paid position for RP, storyline and lore that doesn't have to handle issues and bugs?
    Yes, we actually advertised for one earlier this year - ANNOUNCE #4023

ETA your edit: Drop me an email with your idea, and Sarapis and I will discuss it.
  • How do I return Seleucar to a seat of power and reign in it for all my days as ruler of the land, sky, and seas?

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Could we get a breakdown of the House/City active player numbers, similar to what you so kindly gave us for the class list?
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Thanks! :)
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
    Amarillys said:
    How do I return Seleucar to a seat of power and reign in it for all my days as ruler of the land, sky, and seas?
    The Spawn is currently keeping that throne warm, you'll have to fight him for it.
  • Any specifics on the changes in the new Rapture engine?
This discussion has been closed.