Arena - Full WP/Endurance

@Tecton, Could we have 100% Endurance and WP when we enter the arena?  Obviously this would reset when we leave arena.

Hunger, sleep, Devotion/Essence and so on, would probably be fair too.

Just seems silly to enter rampages and arena spars with like 10% WP and just be screwed from the onset.

Edit:  Oops, meant to go to Golden Dais.

Comments

• Also, full arties.
  • edited October 2014

Is that sarcasm, or are you referring to arties with quantities/cooldowns?  (could be read as either)

Things like wand of reflections etc, would actually be good to reset, but would probably be much harder to code in than simply setting character variables to their full values.
  • Ernam said:

Is that sarcasm, or are you referring to arties with quantities/cooldowns?  (could be read as either)
    Neither. Just a silly random post because I was bored.
  • You already get full WP when you enter the arena.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.

• @Atalkez No you don't, at least not for rampages.  @Lothiac just entered a Delos rampage with 30%.
  • edited October 2014
    You get full endurance/willpower when you enter (party) spars, which is then set back to the amount (raw amount, not the percentage) you had when you entered when you leave, but not other arena events like rampages and free-for-alls. No idea how feasible it would be to apply that same thing to Rampages and such, but seems like a good idea.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Looks like it's just an oversight. Sounds fine to implement when time permits.
  • Used to be with Rampages/FFAs/etc, you got full wp/end on entering, but then it was reset when you died (even though you stayed in the game). If it no longer resets on entering those games, that sounds like a bug. I suggested resetting it on deaths in Rampages/KOTHs/etc a while back, but never got a yea or nay.
    http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/911/willpower-and-endurance-resetting-in-arena-events#latest

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Can we instead of adding hunger to arenas, just remove it all together? >_>

Can't run around to random cities and pick up muttonchops every 3 months on a poor serpents budget.

• The hunger thing is -really- stupid.

Just remove it already.

• Seriously.  I've lost count of the amount of spars/rampages I've had to heartstop out thanks to [you know who you are] just spamming nauthiz in every room the second the get into the arena.

Shouldn't have to spend 3,000 gold on food to use arena.

• at least that achieved the goal of having 'gold sink' feature in the game, @Ernam.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.

• First of all, gold for food goes to players, so just... no.

Secondly, a "gold sink" needs to be at least a few hundred thousand gold, if not over a million at a time, to impact credit prices (the point of gold sinks).

The only thing arena hunger is good for is pissing people off and wasting time.

• What would fix arena hunger: Make food not be consumed, like herbs/minerals.
  • Caladbolg said:

Can't run around to random cities and pick up muttonchops every 3 months on a poor serpents budget.
    If you're poor and you're a serpent, you're doing something wrong.
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • I don't get it.

• I think he's implying that theft still exists.

Nothing to see here, move along.

• edited October 2014
    Best way for a serpent to make money is the same way as for everyone else: bash/quest-farm. Methods of earning gold that depend on denizens are almost always more efficient than methods that depend on other players, simply because denizens are predictable, reliable, and require no superfluous interaction.

Or buy credits.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Suladan said:
    Caladbolg said:

If you're poor and you're a serpent, you're doing something wrong.
    I'm already no longer a serpent, I think class changing may be the best gold sink in the game.