Ask your Producer: October 2014

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Amarillys said:
    What are all the skills considered trade skills?
    Concoctions
    Transmutation
    Forging
    Enchanting
    Venoms (*sort of, but not quite)
  • Will serpents have venoms removed in place of a new skill, or do they get to keep that one?

They'll retain the ability to bite with venoms (as that's what makes them serpents!), but others will be able to "concoct" venoms as well.
  • Are there plans for any other classes to get new skills, besides Shamans and those with trade skills?

• Any new news on when Mhaldor renaissance will happen? There've been a few points where we thought it would happen, but then it didn't. Not sure if a hold up on our end or what. Have asked a few people, nobody has any more data than I do.

Separately: Anything other cities should do to help get theirs done faster? Cyrene was done in June, so we've been about four months now.
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • Out of the new knight class specs, which is your favorite and why? And second part is, what if any changes have been made to the specs after the closure of the test realm which will sadly be missed.
    Amarillys said:
    Are there plans for any other classes to get new skills, besides Shamans and those with trade skills?
    Just those classes for now!
    Aedin said:
    Out of the new knight class specs, which is your favorite and why? And second part is, what if any changes have been made to the specs after the closure of the test realm which will sadly be missed.
    To be honest, I like them all, they all bring a new dimension to knight combat. There will be some changes, yeah, we're tweaking a lot of the specs, including building out a couple of the specs that feel a little sparse in their AB listings.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I expect I'm known for these sorts of questions by now, but I'll ask anyway:

1. Are there more plans to expand housing/furniture/servant stuff? If so, any idea how soon and how big?

2. When will there be a call for mortal builders again?

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Tecton said:
    Aedin said:
    Out of the new knight class specs, which is your favorite and why? And second part is, what if any changes have been made to the specs after the closure of the test realm which will sadly be missed.
    To be honest, I like them all, they all bring a new dimension to knight combat. There will be some changes, yeah, we're tweaking a lot of the specs, including building out a couple of the specs that feel a little sparse in their AB listings.
    Any chance we could get a preview of the new tweaks and branching out? :D 
  • how many credits do I have to buy to move knight changes to first priority?
    Jurixe said:
    I expect I'm known for these sorts of questions by now, but I'll ask anyway:

1. Are there more plans to expand housing/furniture/servant stuff? If so, any idea how soon and how big?

2. When will there be a call for mortal builders again?

1. I'd like to do more, especially with the reactions/servant systems. There's a huge amount of potential there that we'd love to expand upon.

2. We do have a couple of big projects coming up in the near future, so I imagine that there would be one around then!

Aedin said:
    Tecton said:
    Aedin said:
    Potentially! We received a huge amount of feedback over the weekend that we'll be putting towards the tweaks, but if we feel the changes could use some more general testing, it's possible that we'll invite select people who provided good feedback into further testing situations.
    but whennnnnnnnn *sits on hands*

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

Jurixe said:
    No timeframes, it's near the end of the list at the moment!

Morthif said:
    how many credits do I have to buy to move knight changes to first priority?
    Ha! If we didn't have to have all this pesky infrastructure in first, they'd be live already!
  • Will multiclassing in two classes that share a skillset mean you only have to learn the skillset once, or will you have to learn it for each class?

• Tecton said:

Aedin said:
    Tecton said:
    Aedin said:
    Potentially! We received a huge amount of feedback over the weekend that we'll be putting towards the tweaks, but if we feel the changes could use some more general testing, it's possible that we'll invite select people who provided good feedback into further testing situations.
    Amazing to hear!  I look forward to all the new updates to all the class specs, looking forward to one more than others however lol.

On regards towards the new weaponry system, what will become of the weapons that currently in circulation as in shops and such? Will the stats be updated to the new systems stats? 
  • edited October 2014
    Any plans for new group-PvP related things? Sorta like Aetolia lessers, Imperian Shardfalls, Lusternia everything? City raiding is just.. Eh.

Amarillys said:
    Will multiclassing in two classes that share a skillset mean you only have to learn the skillset once, or will you have to learn it for each class?
    Each class will be distinct, so you'd have to learn it for each class.
    Tecton said:
    Jurixe said:
    Saddd. I hope you do eventually though, looking forward to that.

Another thing I thought about: I guess it's more an RP thing, but do you think you'd consider adding a public space that people could rent for events? Like the Lucretian Athenaeum, for instance, for hosting public events for everyone to go to? Kind of like the Delosian theatre? I suppose you could have a podium, a band, one of the crystal ornaments for ambient mood, a thing for illusion reactions and maybe trial denizen reactions by giving a denizen that people can purchase food from..stuff like that?

Second thing - when tradeskills come out, will there be one to create paintings/furniture? Would you consider adding that in if not?

TehyAedin said:
    Tecton said:

Aedin said:
    Tecton said:
    Aedin said:
    Amazing to hear!  I look forward to all the new updates to all the class specs, looking forward to one more than others however lol.

On regards towards the new weaponry system, what will become of the weapons that currently in circulation as in shops and such? Will the stats be updated to the new systems stats? 
    They'll all be moved to the new fixed stats.

Cynlael said:
    Any plans for new group-PvP related things? Sorta like Aetolia lessers, Imperian Shardfalls, Lusternia everything? City raiding is just.. Eh.
    Nothing on the books, but definitely an area I'd like to see expanded.
  • edited October 2014
    Any possibility of promotions over the upcoming months containing either: Lesson package sales, artefact package sales (Such as an SoA and a sip ring, or a sip ring and a bracelet, etc) or regular artefact sales from the website?

Additionally, should you do artefact package sales sometime in the near future, would you once again open a thread allowing for suggestions to be added to the packages? I know there were a fair number of good ideas that were actually instated last time. It would be a waste of good resources (your customers) to not apply this next time. You can skim over this question if it doesn't apply, ofc.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Two questions....

1.) Any chance we might be able to get stat packs similar to Aetolia's set up? Sometimes people still have to choose race based on stats rather than RP. I think it'd still work here because the Aetolian races still have individual benefits (flying, ability to breathe in water, etc).

2.) Possibility for liquid rift in the future? Kind of like how you cut down how many decks would need to exist, this would cut down how many vials would have to exist at one time in Achaea. Plus people wouldn't have to get spammed with tons of messages on vial decay... which might also clear up the messaging system some since I know there are many who never delete their messages.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Jurixe said:
    Tecton said:
    Jurixe said:
    Saddd. I hope you do eventually though, looking forward to that.

Another thing I thought about: I guess it's more an RP thing, but do you think you'd consider adding a public space that people could rent for events? Like the Lucretian Athenaeum, for instance, for hosting public events for everyone to go to? Kind of like the Delosian theatre? I suppose you could have a podium, a band, one of the crystal ornaments for ambient mood, a thing for illusion reactions and maybe trial denizen reactions by giving a denizen that people can purchase food from..stuff like that?

Second thing - when tradeskills come out, will there be one to create paintings/furniture? Would you consider adding that in if not?
    Public space: Yeah, we had the idea for that when we were doing all of the reaction system additions - you can probably expect something like that in the future.

Our first priority will be splitting off the class skills, but new tradeskills are definitely on the cards further down the road.
This discussion has been closed.