Your Myers-Briggs vs Your Character's

And yet again, my morning mind brings you a dumb thing.

My husband wanted me to take this quiz, and of course my first thought afterwards was, "I wonder what I'd get as Tillie?". I was genuinely intrigued by how much our personality types may compare this way, instead of just thinking of the laundry list of traits we share/don't share. I also thought it would be fun to share with you guys, see who shares a type in common (either with another character or with an adventurer and whatnot).

Mine (I just copied the first bit of the summary on the first page, as it's really in-depth. You can do it however you like.)

INFJ PERSONALITY

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.
INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

Tillie's:

ENFP PERSONALITY

ENFP PERSONALITY

The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

More than just sociable people-pleasers though, ENFPs, like all their Diplomat cousins, are shaped by their Intuitive (N) quality, allowing them to read between the lines with curiosity and energy. They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected - but unlike Analysts, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, ENFPs see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning.

Wheeeeeee. I'm kind of jealous; Tillie's is way more exciting than mine. But I always end up getting INFJ. -shrug-

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Well I am a ENFP and Carmain is more of an ENTP, which makes sense in what I try to do with Carmain and how I actually am. I am quite a social person in real life, and I enjoy taking initiative which I bring into Achaea, but Carmain is a bit more selfish and impersonal (Thinks about objectives rather than feelings in social situations) compared to the real me.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    Well I am a ENFP and Carmain is more of an ENTP, which makes sense in what I try to do with Carmain and how I actually am. I am quite a social person in real life, and I enjoy taking initiative which I bring into Achaea, but Carmain is a bit more selfish and impersonal (Thinks about objectives rather than feelings in social situations) compared to the real me.
    Cool. It's neat how you share two of the same "pieces" of the puzzle with your IG personalities; I have a feeling a lot of people probably do. I would like for Tillie to be more objective-oriented (as it's so much easier, when you're in a game with objectives and whatnot), but my emotionally-noodly self makes it difficult, sometimes. 

I also wish sometimes she wasn't as nice as she ends up being. But I'm a sensitive fart, so.
    Mishgul said:
    Also INFJ are considered perfect partners to ENFP apparently, so you would make a good couple with yourself.

That's......so weird. :D

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    PERSONALITY: ENFP            VARIANT: TURBULENT             ROLE:    DIPLOMAT

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your enthusiasm, optimism and intuitive skills. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits - proceed to the type overview to learn much more about your personality type. Prepare to be impressed.

Daslin's. Too lazy to do my own. I did it once... it's in a thread on the forums... Though, it's weird, as I really didn't think Das would be that.

• So we did this at work with psychologists and they pegged me as
    ESTP - Smart, energetic and very perceptive people, who truly enjoy living on the edge.

Did the online test, which pegged me as:
    INTP - Innovative inventors with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.

So clearly I'm feeling unsociable today!

Did the online test on Tibitha, who got:
    ENFP - Enthusiastic, creative and sociable free spirits, who can always find a reason to smile.
  • SharaShara Midlands
    Sharita:

Personality: ENTJ Variant: Assertive Role: Analyst

You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your strategic thinking skills, self-confidence and leadership abilities.

ENTJs are natural-born leaders. People with this personality type embody the gifts of charisma and confidence, and project authority in a way that draws crowds together behind a common goal. But unlike their Feeling (F) counterpart, ENTJs are characterized by an often ruthless level of rationality, using their drive, determination and sharp minds to achieve whatever end they've set for themselves. Perhaps it is best that they make up only three percent of the population, lest they overwhelm the more timid and sensitive personality types that make up much of the rest of the world - but we have ENTJs to thank for many of the businesses and institutions we take for granted every day.

Me:

Personality: ENTP Variant: Assertive Role: Analyst

The ENTP personality type is the ultimate devil's advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see. Unlike their more determined Judging (J) counterparts, ENTPs don't do this because they are trying to achieve some deeper purpose or strategic goal, but for the simple reason that it's fun. No one loves the process of mental sparring more than ENTPs, as it gives them a chance to exercise their effortlessly quick wit, broad accumulated knowledge base, and capacity for connecting disparate ideas to prove their points.

• Me:
    Personality: INTP    Variant: Assertive    Role:Analyst

You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your impressive knowledge, ability to juggle multiple concepts and insatiable curiosity.
    http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

I also sometimes get ISTP (it varies depending on the test, and what my answers happen to be at the moment (even if I retake the test immediately after finishing it, it won't be identical)), both results fit pretty well.

Sena:
    ...I actually got the same results (though the percentages for each type were much more extreme), despite giving extremely different answers and Sena being very different from me. The one I most disagree with is the N; Sena got 43% intuitive, which is basically the opposite of what it should be. I think Sena would be either ISTP or ISFP.
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    Kerria is a straight ISTJ: rules, order, organized, calm, secure, she's a hard worker and works well with others in a team, but prefers to be by herself, also has a hard time saying no when she is already overworked.

I am ISFJ: I am a warm and caring person, but I run on emotion, and generally think the best of people, and judge based on interactions.

we both have a strong sense of moral duty and responsibility.

really the only difference is Kerria law, rules and order... And I prefer to go by emotion and artistically chaotic
  • ValentinusValentinus Los Angeles, CA
    I'm an INFJ.

I think Val would be like an INTJ.

I take commissions.
  • UlrikeUlrike Maryland
    I'm INFP. Ulrike is an INTJ with an emphasis on the J.

It's not easy for introverts to RP extroverted people, I feel like.

• Personality: INFP  Variant: Turbulent  Role: Diplomat

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type - but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Being a part of the Diplomat (NF) personality group, INFPs are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue - INFPs are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the INFP personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.

If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited October 2014
    It's very interesting noticing that there are actual differences between me and Melodie now, enough to come out in personality, which was not so when I first started out.

Me:

PERSONALITY: INFP, VARIANT: TURBULENT, ROLE: DIPLOMAT

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type - but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Being a part of the Diplomat (NF) personality group, INFPs are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue - INFPs are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the INFP personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.

J. R. R. Tolkien

http://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

Melodie:

PERSONALITY: ENFJ, VARIANT: TURBULENT, ROLE: DIPLOMAT

Everything you do right now ripples outward and affects everyone. Your posture can shine your heart or transmit anxiety. Your breath can radiate love or muddy the room in depression. Your glance can awaken joy. Your words can inspire freedom. Your every act can open hearts and minds.

David Deida

ENFJs are natural-born leaders, full of passion and charisma. Forming around two percent of the population, they are oftentimes our politicians, our coaches and our teachers, reaching out and inspiring others to achieve and to do good in the world. With a natural confidence that begets influence, ENFJs take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community.

http://www.16personalities.com/enfj-personality

The differences and similarities are very interesting, and reading through all of these I actually completely agree with both profiles. Also I don't know why the formatting went weird but whatever.

Edit: @Aerek, look!

People with the ENFJ personality type take genuine pleasure in getting to know other people, and have no trouble talking with people of all types and modes of thought. Even in disagreement, other perspectives are fascinating to ENFJs - though like most people, they connect best with individuals who share their principles and ideals, and Diplomats (NF) and Analysts (NT) are best able to explore ENFJs' viewpoints with them, which are simply too idealistic for most. It is with these closest friends that ENFJs will truly open up, keeping their many other connections in a realm of lighthearted but genuine support and encouragement.

How interesting. :D
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited October 2014
    Anedhel's person:

Personality:
    ENFP
    Variant:
    Assertive
    Role:
    Diplomat

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your enthusiasm, optimism and intuitive skills.

Anedhel:

Personality:
    INFJ
    Variant:
    Assertive
    Role:
    Diplomat

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your deep thoughts, strong will and intuitive skills.

I like the connotation of 'Live to fight another day' with Anedhel's personality. This speaks particularly accurately of the way he feels about life: To INFJs, the world is a place full of inequity – but it doesn’t have to be. No other personality type is better suited to create a movement to right a wrong, no matter how big or small. INFJs just need to remember that while they’re busy taking care of the world, they need to take care of themselves, too.

Fun thingy!

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    @Aerek, my application was in the last letter I sent to you. If you can't decipher it, not my problem.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Ulrike said:
    I'm INFP. Ulrike is an INTJ with an emphasis on the J.

It's not easy for introverts to RP extroverted people, I feel like.
    Yes! I sometimes feel like I have the opposite problem, even. I enjoy very much, being by myself and doing things independently of others ("gdi, husband's friend brought his girlfriend so I can't play Achaea stfu go away)...but when I am with people, I think know how to be lively and have fun. And I've known since Kindergarten that I was a chatterbox because Mrs. Brown wrote it on my reports every month.

My goal, with Tillie, was to make her adequately sociable, but still keep her somewhat reserved....it's just difficult, because I want to - as a player - talk to everyone and anyone. I'm constantly pushing the boundaries (or attempting to) in order to strike up conversations with other folks. I just don't want it to feel too OOC. At times, even stopping to have a little chat or say 'hello' feels stilted, simply because she doesn't much want to - or care about - sticking her nose in random peoples' business.

I do, though. Cause I like bothering you people. :3

It kind of reminds me of the rules of improv. Certainly, make a believable character, and stick to it - but remember that you've got to find means to weave others into your story by accepting anything they give you. And finding some way for your character to "accept" it, in the way your character knows how (not literally agreeing to things, mind you).
  • Um, wow. I should've seen this coming, but...Nope, I didn't.

Me:
    Personality: INTP  Variant: Assertive  Role: Analyst
    INTP said:

The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "common". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

INTPs are known for their brilliant theories and unrelenting logic - in fact, they are considered the most logically precise of all the personality types.

Bronislav:
    Personality: ENFJ  Variant: Turbulent  Role: Diplomat
    ENFJ said:
    ENFJs are natural-born leaders, full of passion and charisma. Forming around two percent of the population, they are oftentimes our politicians, our coaches and our teachers, reaching out and inspiring others to achieve and to do good in the world. With a natural confidence that begets influence, ENFJs take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community.

People are drawn to strong personalities, and ENFJs radiate authenticity, concern and altruism, unafraid to stand up and speak when they feel something needs to be said. They find it natural and easy to communicate with others, especially in person, and their Intuitive (N) trait helps people with the ENFJ personality type to reach every mind, be it through facts and logic or raw emotion. ENFJs easily see people's motivations and seemingly disconnected events, and are able to bring these ideas together and communicate them as a common goal with an eloquence that is nothing short of mesmerizing.

• EllodinEllodin Hawaii
    edited October 2014
    I have been an ISTJ every time I've done these assessments, and this time was no different.

Answering as the character, ENTJ.

edit: Assertive variants both, the listed role for ISTJ is Sentinel and ENTJ is Analyst.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • I am INFJ. Thanks. I will try to have my wife taking the test. I was impressed by the accuracy of the results! Very weird.
    Light prevails, always
  • Me:

PERSONALITY: INTP, VARIANT: ASSERTIVE, ROLE: ANALYST

Silas:

PERSONALITY: ENTJ, VARIANT: ASSERTIVE, ROLE: ANALYST

Interesting how there was very little in it for myself on any of the sections, bar introversion, where Silas was very clearly defined. Probably because I spend time actively defining Silas, and very much avoid defining myself.

• Heh...

Me: INFP Variant: Turbulant, Role Diplomat

Erhon: ENFJ Variant: Turbulant, Role Diplomat

Seems legit.
  • Creepily accurate...
    Caoimahaen
    Personality:ISFJ

Variant:Turbulent

Role:Sentinel

Personailty:
    The ISFJ personality type is quite unique, as many of their qualities defy the definition of their individual traits. Though possessing the Feeling (F) trait, ISFJs have excellent analytical abilities; though Introverted (I), they have well-developed people skills and robust social relationships; and though they are a Judging (J) type, ISFJs are often receptive to change and new ideas. As with so many things, people with the ISFJ personality type are more than the sum of their parts, and it is the way they use these strengths that defines who they are.

ISFJs are true altruists, meeting kindness with kindness-in-excess and engaging the work and people they believe in with enthusiasm and generosity.

There's hardly a better type to make up such a large proportion of the population, nearly 13%. Combining the best of tradition and the desire to do good, ISFJs are found in lines of work with a sense of history behind them, such as medicine, academics and charitable social work.

ISFJ personalities (especially Turbulent ones) are often meticulous to the point of perfectionism, and though they procrastinate, they can always be relied on to get the job done on time. ISFJs take their responsibilities personally, consistently going above and beyond, doing everything they can to exceed expectations and delight others, at work and at home.

• Tibitha said:
    Caoimhaen said:
    Creepily accurate...
    Caoimahaen 
    Im glad to see even you struggle with your damn name :D
    His name is a pain in the ass. Lol

• Both Greys and myself scored. 
     PERSONALITY: ENFJ VARIANT: ASSERTIVE ROLE: DIPLOMAT
    He just pushed everything to a greater extreme which is actually a fair bit of the basis for his design. (75% extroverted versus 10%)
  • I am INFP (VERY introverted), Turbulent/Diplomat.
    Kei is ENFP, more feels and extravert and less turbulent (but still Turbulent/Diplomat).

...well, yeah, that sounds about right! My introversion sort of infects Kei, though, and it's hard to maintain an extraverted personality when I just want to curl up alone. But when I'm like 90% introverted and she's 15% extraverted, give or take...yeah, I'll call that a partial success.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited October 2014
    Having taken this 16 personalities test, I'm intrigued to know that my personality has shifted slightly from the INTP that I used to have to a...

PERSONALITY:
    ENFP

VARIANT:
    ASSERTIVE

ROLE:
    DIPLOMAT

The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

More than just sociable people-pleasers though, ENFPs, like all their Diplomat cousins, are shaped by their Intuitive (N) quality, allowing them to read between the lines with curiosity and energy. They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected - but unlike Analysts, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, ENFPs see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning.

ENFPs are fiercely independent, and much more than stability and security, they crave creativity and freedom.

Many other types are likely to find these qualities irresistible, and if they've found a cause that sparks their imagination, ENFPs will bring an energy that oftentimes thrusts them into the spotlight, held up by their peers as a leader and a guru - but this isn't always where independence-loving ENFPs want to be. Worse still if they find themselves beset by the administrative tasks and routine maintenance that can accompany a leadership position. ENFPs' self-esteem is dependent on their ability to come up with original solutions, and they need to know that they have the freedom to be innovative - they can quickly lose patience or become dejected if they get trapped in a boring role.

Luckily, ENFPs know how to relax, and they are perfectly capable of switching from a passionate, driven idealist in the workplace to that imaginative and enthusiastic free spirit on the dance floor, often with a suddenness that can surprise even their closest friends. Being in the mix also gives them a chance to connect emotionally with others, giving them cherished insight into what motivates their friends and colleagues. They believe that everyone should take the time to recognize and express their feelings, and their empathy and sociability make that a natural conversation topic.

The ENFP personality type needs to be careful, however - if they rely too much on their intuition, assume or anticipate too much about a friend's motivations, they can misread the signals and frustrate plans that a more straightforward approach would have made simple. This kind of social stress is the bugbear that keeps harmony-focused Diplomats awake at night. ENFPs are very emotional and sensitive, and when they step on someone's toes, they both feel it.

ENFPs will spend a lot of time exploring social relationships, feelings and ideas before they find something that really rings true. But when they finally do find their place in the world, their imagination, empathy and courage are likely to produce incredible results.

Ruth's result is as follows:

PERSONALITY:
    ISTJ

VARIANT:
    ASSERTIVE

ROLE:
    SENTINEL

The ISTJ personality type is thought to be the most abundant, making up around 13% of the population. Their defining characteristics of integrity, practical logic and tireless dedication to duty make ISTJs a vital core to many families, as well as organizations that uphold traditions, rules and standards, such as law offices, regulatory bodies and military. People with the ISTJ personality type enjoy taking responsibility for their actions, and take pride in the work they do - when working towards a goal, ISTJs hold back none of their time and energy completing each relevant task with accuracy and patience.

ISTJs don't make many assumptions, preferring instead to analyze their surroundings, check their facts and arrive at practical courses of action. ISTJ personalities are no-nonsense, and when they've made a decision, they will relay the facts necessary to achieve their goal, expecting others to grasp the situation immediately and take action. ISTJs have little tolerance for indecisiveness, but lose patience even more quickly if their chosen course is challenged with impractical theories, especially if they ignore key details - if challenges becomes time-consuming debates, ISTJs can become noticeably angry as deadlines tick nearer.

When ISTJs say they are going to get something done, they do it, meeting their obligations no matter the personal cost, and they are baffled by people who don't hold their own word in the same respect. Combining laziness and dishonesty is the quickest way to get on ISTJs' bad side. 

Consequently, people with the ISTJ personality type often prefer to work alone, or at least have their authority clearly established by hierarchy, where they can set and achieve their goals without debate or worry over other's reliability.

ISTJs have sharp, fact-based minds, and prefer autonomy and self-sufficiency to reliance on someone or something. Dependency on others is often seen by ISTJs as a weakness, and their passion for duty, dependability and impeccable personal integrity forbid falling into such a trap.

This sense of personal integrity is core to ISTJs, and goes beyond their own minds - ISTJ personalities adhere to established rules and guidelines regardless of cost, reporting their own mistakes and telling the truth even when the consequences for doing so could be disastrous. To ISTJs, honesty is far more important than emotional considerations, and their blunt approach leaves others with the false impression that ISTJs are cold, or even robotic. People with this type may struggle to express emotion or affection outwardly, but the suggestion that they don't feel, or worse have no personality at all, is deeply hurtful.

ISTJs' dedication is an excellent quality, allowing them to accomplish much, but it is also a core weakness that less scrupulous individuals take advantage of. ISTJs seek stability and security, considering it their duty to maintain a smooth operation, and they may find that their coworkers and significant others shift their responsibilities onto them, knowing that they will always take up the slack. ISTJs tend to keep their opinions to themselves and let the facts do the talking, but it can be a long time before observable evidence tells the whole story.

ISTJs need to remember to take care of themselves - their stubborn dedication to stability and efficiency can compromise those goals in the long term as others lean ever-harder on them, creating an emotional strain that can go unexpressed for years, only finally coming out after it's too late to fix. If they can find coworkers and spouses who genuinely appreciate and complement their qualities, who enjoy the brightness, clarity and dependability that they offer, ISTJs will find that their stabilizing role is a tremendously satisfying one, knowing that they are part of a system that works.

Both results are actually pretty accurate, and also shows how differently I try to play my character from who I am! Interesting.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• UlrikeUlrike Maryland
    I, too, have moved from INTJ to *NFP over time. That's really interesting.