Comments

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    I killed him with jut two several times. Head/torso fracs and l3 devastate plus you have hugalaz falcon and huga procs on runeblade

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Kardal is at 9471/9471.             |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100% hp

You say in a gruff voice, "What was your health after that."

Sentinel Raven Kardal, Professional Troll says with a rough, Trollish accent, "After the 4th?"

Sentinel Raven Kardal, Professional Troll says with a rough, Trollish accent, "4011."

Sentinel Raven Kardal, Professional Troll says with a rough, Trollish accent, "After the first 4065."

Sentinel Raven Kardal, Professional Troll says with a rough, Trollish accent, "Second 4300."

Sentinel Raven Kardal, Professional Troll says with a rough, Trollish accent, "Third 3277."

Sentinel Raven Kardal, Professional Troll says with a rough, Trollish accent, "Fourth 4011."

Sentinel Raven Kardal, Professional Troll says with a rough, Trollish accent, "So I was never in red."

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• Kenway said:
    I killed him with jut two several times. Head/torso fracs and l3 devastate plus you have hugalaz falcon and huga procs on runeblade
    Yeah, there's other things to do. I'm just blown away someone can tank 4 DSB's back to back and survive.

Hell, even BBT kills them after the forth!

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

#itskardal

• I can sit and eat dry DSB almost indefinitely. Need that torso damage. You are doing about half his health every 8 seconds and he probably sips for over 2k

• Just curious, what's to keep someone from just running on every few rib/skull/tendon fractures to prevent any momentum build up? Mainly directed at runewardens.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    Leg fracs have a stacking chance to act like pinshot. But this is why I suggested making empowered engage give two leg stacks.

• Nothing really. It bothers me a lot with that spec. You build momentum so slowly that people can go have tea, come back and run. If you want to hinder, you have to sacrifice tendons for breaks. It kinda feels like old Alchemist, just with less hindering and affliction. 

Even with gravehands, I doubt I would be able to hold someone still long enough. 

If someone doesn't want to fight they don't want to fight and if you make the hindrance too strong it's op because the class pressures on health so running is a legit strategy. Engage adding tendons keeps the punishing factor but makes the target a little more reasonably chaseable if they work as we believe

• how does one cause torso break as twohander anyway? im confused over than since only i see that i can break are arms and legs with devastate.. dunno about torso break.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
    Valaria said:
    how does one cause torso break as twohander anyway? im confused over than since only i see that i can break are arms and legs with devastate.. dunno about torso break.
    You'd just UNDERHAND <target> till it breaks.

• From what I've seen, I'd like to suggest that anything over 2 tendon tears to the legs gives you reduced movement speed, similar to trying to walk while hamstrung.

RP wise, you're slicing tendons. It's kind of a big deal. The fact that 2H Knight has a balance of around 3+ seconds makes it totally viable for you to still walk out, but gives hinder enough to be able to relatively chase.

Each class has their abilities within to add additional damage, so I don't believe that will be an issue. I can still kill effectively with 2H even through 1-2 DSB's as a runewarden, so that's not an issue at all.

-Albert Einstein

• edited October 2014
    Additionally, to balance Warhammer with Bastardsword - Warhammer should give a little bleed. What'd be WAY nice to see is a DSB alternative for Warhammer. Something like this:

Overhead Slam (Weaponmastery)                         Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax:            OVERHEAD SLAM <target>
    Extra Information: Warhammer only.

Details:
    This ability delivers a single, tremendous overhead blow to the chest of a prone opponent, stunning your target while delivering massive internal damage and hemorrhaging.

Your opponent must be prone for this attack to succeed.

OVERHEAD SLAM @Rom
    <Must be on EQ/BAL -- Attack attempt takes 5 seconds of Balance>

You drop into a wide stance along side Rom and begin to swing your hammer over your head.

(Rom sees : Aelios stands along side you, dropping into a wide stance as he heaves his Warhammer wide above his head as he yells in focused fury.)

If Rom = Still prone, then

You swing violently downward, heaving everything you can muster behind the weight of your Warhammer. It comes crushing down on the chest of Rom, with a series of loud cracks and gasps of air as he cries out in pain.

(Rom sees : Aelios brings his hammer down upon your chest in an explosion of rage. You feel several ribs and organs crack as the blow sinks down deep into your chest. The pain stuns you for a moment as you gasp for air, trying to regain your composure.

<takes 3.5 seconds of Balance>

(Instant Level 3 torso break, 7 Cracked ribs, 300 bleed, 1 second stun and 40% of total life damage)

If Rom = Stands, then

You swing violently downward, knocking yourself off of balance as your Warhammer misses Rom entirely, coming to rebound itself off of the ground. The resounding vibration back up the Warhammer stuns you momentarily!

<1 second stun>

(Rom sees : Aelios swings the Warhammer downward, missing you completely as he slams into the ground. A moment of brief disbelief crosses his face as the impact stuns him briefly.)

@Tecton @Makarios - thoughts?

-Albert Einstein

• It's a little unfortunate that warhammer doesn't allow you to dsb without switching weapons, thematically speaking. Mechanically speaking, it doesn't really matter since you can just wield a sword and do it.

• Santar said:
    It's a little unfortunate that warhammer doesn't allow you to dsb without switching weapons, thematically speaking. Mechanically speaking, it doesn't really matter since you can just wield a sword and do it.
    Dsbing with a warhammer is kinda weird. It would be nice if warhammers had a skill that's mechanically equivalent to dsb though, just not flavour-wise.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Santar said:
    It's a little unfortunate that warhammer doesn't allow you to dsb without switching weapons, thematically speaking. Mechanically speaking, it doesn't really matter since you can just wield a sword and do it.
    Dsbing with a warhammer is kinda weird. It would be nice if warhammers had a skill that's mechanically equivalent to dsb though, just not flavour-wise.
    read up.

-Albert Einstein

• Aelios said:
    RP wise, you're slicing tendons. It's kind of a big deal.
    Please never try to justify effects in combat with this reasoning.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Jarrod said:
    Aelios said:
    RP wise, you're slicing tendons. It's kind of a big deal.
    Please never try to justify effects in combat with this reasoning.
    How's this for size- With the elimination of virtually all hinder from 2 Handed Knight, they need something to prevent their opponent from simply walking south and standing there. Something, anything, to hinder.

-Albert Einstein

• That's fine, I'm just saying that justifying an effect with "What the text says this skill is doing is dangerous" is not a solid base.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• edited October 2014
    Daslin unleashes a terrible blow at your left leg with a Delosian bastard sword.
     - 1610h, 3115m, 97%e, 93%w, XX|EE M  40%[ll2] (-465h, 11.3%) (+75m, 2.1%)
    s
    Your tendons are far too damaged to risk moving at present.
     - 1610h, 3045m, 97%e, 93%w, XX|EE M  40%[ll2]
    You may eat another bit of irid moss or potash.
     - 1610h, 3045m, 97%e, 93%w, XX|EE M  40%[ll2]
    You bleed 27 health.
     - 1583h, 3045m, 97%e, 93%w, XX|EE M  40%[ll2] (-27h, 0.7%)
    s
    [Curing]: OUTR IRID
    You remove 1 irid moss, bringing the total in the Rift to 2297.
     - 1583h, 3045m, 97%e, 93%w, XX|EE M  40%[ll2]
    [Curing]: EAT IRID
    You eat some irid moss.
    You feel your health and mana replenished.
     - 1913h, 3337m, 97%e, 93%w, XX|EE M  40%[ll2] (+330h, 8.0%) (+292m, 8.0%)
     - 1913h, 3337m, 97%e, 93%w, XX|EE M  40%[ll2]
    You clutch your head in pain, as it is crushed in an invisible vice.
    You feel the heaviness of Ayleth's psyche weigh down on your mind.
     - 1170h, 2789m, 97%e, 93%w, XX|EE M  40%[ll2] (-743h, 18.0%) (-548m, 15.0%)
    s
     - 1170h, 2789m, 97%e, 93%w, XX|EE M  40%[ll2]
    You may drink another health or mana elixir or tonic.
    s
    [Curing]: APPLY HEALTH TO LEGS
    You take some elixir from an oaken vial and rub it into your legs.
    The burning in your lower legs fades away.

This spec seems meh compared to dualblunt/SnB... Only ever in any danger there cause of Ayleth spamming the crap out of her mind crush button. Meanwhile I prepped four of his limbs in about ~18 seconds... Dat movement hinder seems p sexy tho.

• See, and I'm finding DualBlunt sucks beyond reproach. I'll show you why 2-hander rocks if you find me on the test server. 

-Albert Einstein

• edited October 2014
    DualBlunt = hella easy vivisex.

So ridiculously easy to get around parry with it, too.

• Also, my other concern is how runeblades would work with 2-handed knights, given how slow the spec is and how runes are proc-based(more speed = more procs)

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Nairat was proccing pretty frequently when I was fighting Daslin. Every third or fourth hit... Maybe he was just getting lucky.

• Should there be a devastate equivalent for head/torso? 

Would like to suggest adding a small amount of bleed back into 2h. The amount it was at was ridiculous, people were hitting 1300 and their mana was hitting 0. A small amount of bleed though, capped at 200-250 or so that builds relatively slowly say, like, 20-25 per hit would be nice.

• I can't wait this all to go live so we can learn ya'll all the endgame. 

What relapsing afflictions are given by 2H fractures? 
    Mizik said:
    I can't wait this all to go live so we can learn ya'll all the endgame. 

What relapsing afflictions are given by 2H fractures? 
    Head = Addiction
    Arms = Clumsiness
    Torso = Sensitivity
    Legs = Lethargy

• Right.

Take repeating torso aff, add head aff + impale. What do you get.

Plus, dudes don't not envenoming their trash Bastard swords. Like saying dual cut sucks cus 191 speed raps unenvenomed. Try a Dreadblade, scrubs.
    edited October 2014
    Does battlerage scale with speed like voicebalance? There was not chance to test that.
    @Makarios @Tecton