Stat Elixirs - shorter duration, more sips

Currently, stat elixirs cost 1 Mayan Crown for 5 sips. (lets assume MCs at 50cr for simple math)
Each sip lasts for 12 hours.
Thus, each sip costs roughly 10cr.

I've noticed that almost nobody uses stat elixirs, even very credit-rich players.  In fact, I actually have a lot of them (of all stats), but even so, I still don't use them.

The problem is, unless you know you're going to be on for the next 12 hours, and going to be using that stat extensively in that time (basically, a 12-hour bashing spree), it's incredibly hard to justify using a 10-credit sip of elixir.

Therefore, I propose a simple change that retains the cost-per-time of the stat elixirs, but makes them massively more useful and realistic for people to use.

Simply change the duration from 12 hours to 1 hour, and give the vials 12 times as many sips (60).

I'd be -far- more inclined to take a sip of strength elixir for a raid or for a standard hunting trip, knowing that I'd be getting the most out of the very-expensive juice for that time.  In the end, I think this'd lead to far more people purchasing and using them.

Comments

• The threat of eating a dick brought me to this discussion, but the good idea made me press the agree button. ;D

• Learned that trick in the US Navy.

• edited October 2014
    All of the reasons you mentioned are the reasons why it's not changed to be that way.

Being able to time your sips for when you plan to commit to an hour of doing something with it is many, many times more potent than the 12 hour sips. 

You're basically asking for the same overall number of hours on the sips but that you have a great deal more control over when it's active.  It'd be a massive buff.

• That's kindof the point.
  • I'd be really apprehensive about any usability/convenience buffs. These things don't need to exist. They're a novelty. And they're only marginally balanced by their cost and impracticality.

If you buff them so it's cost-effective to use one for one hour at a time, then you turn them into something that every PKer with money to burn has up in every fight. That type of power creep is a bad thing.
  • I used the xp bonus one when I was hunting to dragon, bought 2 vials of it, and lucky... I think people use them more than you assume

• Santar said:
    All of the reasons you mentioned are the reasons why it's not changed to be that way.

Being able to time your sips for when you plan to commit to an hour of doing something with it is many, many times more potent than the 12 hour sips. 

You're basically asking for the same overall number of hours on the sips but that you have a great deal more control over when it's active.  It'd be a massive buff.
    Correct.