Comments

• Fendrel whips a morning star toward your left leg.
    The attack rebounds back onto Fendrel!
    Fendrel whips a morning star toward your left leg.
    The attack rebounds back onto Fendrel!
    The final blow proves too much for Fendrel, who falls to the floor a broken, bloody mess.
    Himself has been slain by Fendrel.
  • @Tecton: Can we do a refund rather than a switch on artefact weapons, please? I just don't see myself wanting as many artefact weapons as I currently own, unless we also get an artefact that allows regular switching of spec without the associated lesson cost at some point.
  • Ernam said:

The same except dual 243 speed scimitars  :#

And a really sexy RSL upgrade.
    Did I miss something on RSL? Looks the same to me.
  • So far, I'm adoring the Twohander specialization. I like being able to just purely overpower opponents without having to rely on complex affliction stacking shenanigans. The new use of the sip balance is interesting, but even when using it, it seems pretty strong.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Sword and Board's impale/stun combo is solid, but the timing is so close that it really comes down to a battle of ping. Could probably bump the stun to 1.5 so people in Australia can still play S&B.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • queue add eqbal
  • edited October 2014
    @Tecton‌ @Makarios
    combination Vertani rend smash
    Sword: rend limb:  venom:  shield: smash.
    You carve into A Vertani guard's flesh with a vicious strike, opening a bleeding wound.
    You brutally smash your shield into A Vertani guard.
    You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain a Vertani guard, retrieving the corpse.
    A small pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    The strength of your blows continues to rise as you hammer at your enemy.
     - 3784h, 4176m, 88%e, 87%w, |EE M  4%

Can the bolded stay, please? Would honestly help a lot for coders....
    edit: for other specs too, if they have them. I've only really given SnB solid testing.

• Aerek said:
    Sword and Board's impale/stun combo is solid, but the timing is so close that it really comes down to a battle of ping. Could probably bump the stun to 1.5 so people in Australia can still play S&B.
    Literally not even remotely a problem. I've tested this extensively and had no issue whatsoever.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Daeir said:
    BM + 2h knight is a shit ton of synergy.
    Bm + Anything is a shit ton of synergy my son, It is the perfect class.

• edited October 2014

Yeah voidfist + hamstring + impale pretty much syngergizes with every strategy in the game, even with the rest of the class being ignored.  Was even worse with stun.
  • SnB looks great for infernal, actually. Putre + Fullplate + SoA + rend for prep hits and slice for break hits. I feel a little off, I've been bitching about getting 2h sword for the last six or seven years and now that I can finally use one I'm almost leaning towards something else.

TIL today I am a fickle bitch.

• Snb has some very potent affliction support. Reallistically, purely venom based vivisects/damnations should be more than viable there.

We've removed the additional bleed for bastard swords (it was originally there to give it something over warhammers). The ability to give a venom and higher damage is likely enough though.

• Balancing based on tag-team combos is bad on a lot of levels, since it 1) effectively nerfs 1v1 in an unbalanced way and 2) enfeeble/absolve or cripple/vivisect are already insta-kills and thus any class combo that does not instantly kill you is just fucking fine :dropmic:
  • edited October 2014
    Surprised to not see a lot of discussion regarding the nausea parry bypass.

Personally I find the concept fascinating as an affliction guy, but it's still pretty unreliable, because to use it requires some good affliction stacking, and since it's purely RNG-based, if they have nausea but still parry, you lose a good chunk of your affliction stack, which likely will require starting over or at least re-doing several DSLs just to try again.

Also, missing a parry due to nausea really makes no sense in-character.  While I can appreciate the minimal amount of important in that regard, it kinda reeks of purely mechanical combat stuff.

If I may offer a suggestion, could we try a focusable affliction that offers 100% parry bypass?  Perhaps dizziness, which would also make a lot more sense, realistically.

(also, has anyone generated a % chance on nausea bypass yet?)  @Sena
  • Enf/absolve and cripple/vivisect got nerfed years ago.

Nausea is mostly justified by them being sick (which tends to make you less coordinated). It was originally clumsiness, but reallistically clumsiness is one of the best afflictions already. Couldn't really justify.

Its also never going to lose you affs/damage. If they redirect your attack you still hit them so the affs go through, you just don't hit the limb.

• From a midbie point of view, the knight specializations look awesome. Having people with always double rapiers looked really odd, RP wise.
    We need people with two handed swords and battle-axes. Serious stuff. Rapiers are great for bards!
    I am aware that my post is useless, but I always wanted to say this.
    Light prevails, always
  • I take it club should be comboed with impale, because trying it just after impale as a separate command makes you have to wait for balance like smash.

Also is there a reason you should not build up ferocity with rend? You lose is just before you get balance back. 

• Originally, using rend was intended as a trade off. You do more damage but can't really build ferocity in the process.

We did something a bit different with combos for snb. Multiple arm balances and such are a bit messy and unwieldy, so all attacks take regular balance. You'll pretty much never want to use things outside of combination, its just there mostly for newbies who don't yet have the ability.

• Though I am sad to see the bleeds go, that is purely the Lament of the Overpowered. I sadly understand losing it. Will have to see how easily Kenway murders people without it as a scale of strength.
  • And to laugh at newbies like me who's mind it never crossed that impale could be comboable. *facepalm*

• SwordAndBoard bashing is sooooooo strong, too.
    only a 23/20 shield and 81/81 fullplate + trans avoidance / putrefaction (or runes/toughness) / 16con + w/e str I had, 14 I think... Taking 3-4 vertani or 2 elite keepers at once. <3<3

• edited October 2014

Could we get a summary of how the various fractures work?

You are:
    blind.
    Suffering from 6 cracked ribs.
    Suffering from 4 skull fractures.
    suffering from addiction.
    Suffering from 5 torn tendons.
    feeling rather lethargic.
    sensitive to pain.
    As in, what do these actually do, what all can cure them, and so on?

• Debuff affects are listed in ab overhand/underhand/hew.

You can cure them with apply health <limb>, with tree/active cures and such (cures one stack at a time), or with restore. Restore will cure one random stack from your debuffs if you have no broken limbs.

• Have you tried mending?

It seems that they're like Alchemist humours, in that the effects of certain abilities are improved when you have more of them on a target.

• So you can stack wrists (arms) , tendons (legs), skull fractures (head) , or broken ribs (torso).

With each one, you are afflicted with a specific affliction, at a timed interval.  As you get more stacks of each one, the interval decreases (down to about 0.5 seconds at 8, or so I am told).

Skull: Addiction
    Ribs: Sensitivity
    Tendons: Lethargy
    Wrists: Clumsiness

In addition, each injury has passive effects:

Skull: slower elixir balance
    Ribs: reduces sip %
    Tendons: hinders movement (akin to hamstring but doesn't stop evade)
    Wrists: none

also: The Devastate ability can target legs or arms, which will break both arms or legs according to this rule:

2 fractured wrists/tendons when devastate hits: level 1 break
    4: mangled (double leg break)
    6: mutilated (double level 2 break)

All additions/corrections welcome.

• edited October 2014

Honestly the rate at which they are able to be given vs the rate at which they can be cured seems a little staggering to me, particularly with artefact weapons and speed shield.

I think classes with active curing and ability to turtle are going to be totally fine, while classes that can't do that as easily are going to be completely screwed.

Given, I'm totally unprepared to adequately cure/parry at this time, just doing some quick math in my head based on the affliction / cure rates.

So far, it seems that you basically have to guess/predict with parry very well to have a chance at all.  It's a good concept but a little easy to get around I think.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Battlerage focus lets you either make about every other attack come at a higher speed or lets you hit with two stacks every 6s. Upset lets you prone anyone without cost of balance who has a broken leg. If you get devastated with 6+ tendons you are fucked. @Kendrick I'm doing just fine w/o the obscene bleed. I actually suggested it be nerfed. 

I think it'd be cool if empowered blades gave 2 leg stacks on engage to compensate for the lack of room hindrance that the other two classes have, but that's probably debatable.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Stacks might not be in the right place yet, yeah.

It used to be impossible to stack afflictions with them at all. Now it's really easy. 

• edited October 2014
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/72d8233e The tankier/harder hitting Vertani. Dying fast, and doing almost no damage...

And from a friend, who was a Sylvan at the time of this:

3750h, 4650m, 14353e, 8172w ex-
    Cynlael carves into your flesh with a vicious strike, opening a bleeding wound.
    Cynlael brutally smashes a tower shield into you.
    2173h, 4650m, 14353e, 8172w ex-

Generic bashing combo, doing 1600 damage ._.

e: forgot to add, only 13 str.