Classleads September 2014

Comments

• You honestly don't need one at all if you just stick to RHK and a few loose thumb rules that tend to be 95% accurate with some practice.  (To re-iterate what was said above)
  • edited October 2014
    Jovolo said:
    I'll point you to sawbones
    Yeah I'll just blow a major trait on something I don't need, thanks!

Jovolo said:

Point number 2? Yes, and these these things are a part of combat (just like mind-games in point 1).

But it's a mind game I don't have to play.

Like I've said (maybe not clearly but here goes): I am only at an advantage for using a reliable formula.

E: And for the record, I'm not saying that Monks can't fight or can't win fights without a formula - they certainly have and still do.  But you agree that, to make it work without a formula, there are sacrifices made in terms of prep time, major traits, and overall effectiveness (because even Ernam's "95%" accuracy isn't 100%).
  • Yes, and you're welcome to try and figure it out and use it if you like. I haven't said anywhere in this thread that you shouldn't use a limb formula should you put in the effort to make one or find someone willing to give you theirs.
  • @Bukariin‌

Knowing the limb damage formula, and making a limb break counter are two sperate entities.  You don't need the formula to make a counter. 
  • Yes, I know.
  • I would only go for kills shots when Augment is down. 

Remember, if

SHIN AUGMENT X then the cooldown will be X + 3.5 after the third person messages.
  • Does sapience report every action and command?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Yes, it's how Monks track parry changes.
  • Mizik said:
    Yes, it's how Monks track parry changes.
    lol'd for thinking a monk can hold a sapience lock for any amount of time that would help at all unless they're a newb that's 5% of your might

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Jhui seems to think it works pretty well!

I'm pretty sure we had a discussion on its OPness.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • If you're Dragon level monk with int and wp arties and your opponent has much less mana and wp then it works fine. Also assuming that they don't drain your mana. So for 99% of fights it is useful to use in you can't use it. 

• Cooper said:
    If you're Dragon level monk with int and wp arties and your opponent has much less mana and wp then it works fine. Also assuming that they don't drain your mana. So for 99% of fights it is useful to use in you can't use it. 
    As a comparison, I'm a 11-int monk with no arties. It pretty much takes me an entire minute to lock a dragon, and I lose it in about 15 seconds. The window in which sapience is useful is so small I might as well not bother and just RHK my way around parrying.
  • Draqoom said:
    Mizik said:
    Yes, it's how Monks track parry changes.
    lol'd for thinking a monk can hold a sapience lock for any amount of time that would help at all unless they're a newb that's 5% of your might
    Depending on the target, I can sometimes hold locks for 10-20 minutes. Assuming my WP is at max. If it breaks I just relock.

I don't actually track parry changes though, people generally just parry the same leg forever anyways.
  • can also track what your opponent is targetting, and guard that limb...

All underused stuff.
  • Mind locks have been buffed a little too much.

They're honestly pretty OP.

• Shh guys monks are weak. All these swk hfp hfp bbt bbt monks know the class front to back.
  • Yeah, sapience is what I was referring to when I mentioned a aurefire way to track fake applies as Monk. Cat's out of the bag now :'(
  • Really wish monk sucked as much as Draqoom thinks it does.

F monks. :(

• I wish the gap between unartied monk and artied monk wasn't so ginormous. Same with other classes, but Monk is influenced the most heavily by arties. 

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    I wish the gap between unartied monk and artied monk wasn't so ginormous. Same with other classes, but Monk is influenced the most heavily by arties. 
    I thought that was Jester?
  • XerXer Langley
    edited October 2014
    What? Jester isn't been that affected by artefacts that much at all, offensively at least. Defensively, everyone benefits roughly the same from more health, and resistances. But what part of a Jester's offence is really dependent on Stat artefacts, weapons, or other misc artefacts? Maybe a few damage strategies, but Aeon/Juggling/Suicide Mice/Vodun isn't really affected by artefacts whatsoever.

Compare that to L3 Knuckles, Sash, Collar, Armband, Intellect Crown, Gauntlets, and on top of other defensive artefacts, the difference is vastly pronounced. Oh, and Diadem is really nice on Monk.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Quill is op as shit
  • Bukariin said:
    Tesha said:
    I wish the gap between unartied monk and artied monk wasn't so ginormous. Same with other classes, but Monk is influenced the most heavily by arties. 
    I thought that was Jester?
    Nah, shackle/balloon doesn't work anymore. (Right?)
  • It got nerfed, but still works once. After they tentacle you once, you have to reinflate balloon, can't reinflate while prone.
  • As a Monk I am mad jealous of any class that can use a SoA.

But honestly I don't know much about artefacts, just that I don't make enough money IRL to justify buying any.
  • Dalran said:
    It got nerfed, but still works once. After they tentacle you once, you have to reinflate balloon, can't reinflate while prone.
    Ah, gotcha. Couldn't remember/be bothered to look up the details.

• Bukariin said:
    As a Monk I am mad jealous of any class that can use a SoA.

But honestly I don't know much about artefacts, just that I don't make enough money IRL to justify buying any.
    Monks can (and do) use SoAs.
  • XerXer Langley
    edited October 2014
    I use a SoA as a Monk. It's disgustingly good in larger raids.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0

• 15% less Naga.