Making RP more easily accessible and frequent.

2»

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I don't remember the warmth thing ever working. I mean, clothes used to state how drafty or not they were, but cold never did have an effect, or did it? Maybe I am just not old enough...

Anyway, I would be all for that!

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• NylithNylith Beaverton, OR

After having caught up on this thread fully, I find it interesting. It seems right now until a flagging system is implemented the clan system would be the best work around available to individuals looking for opportunities to role-play but not knowing where to find them. Like I said above, I have no problem having roleplaying opportunities with Nylith. He's a creature of Mhaldor and as such opportunities sometime seem to find him. On my other character in Cyrene, who belongs to a very active house, opportunities seem rare and hard to come by. I've tried several times and to no avail I haven't been able to spur anything significant. 

To this end, I think we as players can create something while we wait to see if the administration wants to do something.  @Tecton‌ @Sarapis‌ I have the gold and I'd be willing to invest it in a clan, and at the very least give it a go and see what can happen. I would assume the clan would be OOC in nature and thus private but as @Tillie suggested it would operate mostly to help people find others that may be interested. I could see this as working well enough and it could lead to cross faction role-play. 

If you may be interested in this, send me a message in game or on here and let me know. If I get more than 10 people who are interested. I'll set up the clan and invite people as I see them. We could call it the Taverns of Sapience of something along those lines...

Any ways, anyone interested let @Nylith‌ know and if we get enough people lets give it a go.

• Daeir said:

@Sarapis: Reintroducing negative weather effects for prolonged exposure would go a long way towards making indoor locations more desirable as gathering spots, especially in cities with extreme climates (Cyrene.. and Targossas, strangely enough). I don't know why the warmth thing was removed anyway, honestly.

Cause it was annoying to be honest. Same reason we don't make people have to go to the bathroom.

Having said that, I've never thought about it in the way you framed it (ie making indoor spots more desirable).

• TillieTillie VA
    edited August 2014
    I apologize for not responding more in-depth to everyone's responses to this thread - but I've just been so excited to quietly observe and read all of the insightful comments and thoughtful ideas you've all poured into this discussion. I hope it leads to more visible RP changes in the future, and I think we should keep plotting maniacally to make it all work. 

@Nylith, I am glad someone is willing to experiment with the clan idea, still. I'll join up, for sure. 

Now, I'm not familiar with clans other than being part of them - but couldn't one create rules to distinguish what's allowed on this OOC channel and what kind of OOC chatter is not? Could be something we could come up with together, perhaps.

(On a side-note that is vaguely relevant because it was mentioned and unfortunately my response to it is not insightful at all: While waiting on the bathroom to free up at this brewery I was at last night, my mildly-intoxicated brain thought, 

"....I am so glad our characters don't have to pee in Achaea.")

• What about setting weather as optional messages. For RP I could "config weather on" and get messages about rain, cold, etc. Then when I walk into a tavern and emote about being dripping wet, it would make sense to others who are paying attention to weather? If you don't want to be bothered with weather, you never turn that option on.

I love the idea of a new clan, and I'd love to be a part of it. Not this character, but another one I have that is mostly a city-less hermit.

Thanks @Bluef‌ for pointing me to this thread.

• Sorry for the double posting, but found this gem in the massive lists of clans

The Clan of Citiless Wanderers (Wanderers) is a clan meant to provide a community of sorts for the rogues of sapience and any that are willing to provide them with aid or guidance. It is meant to give rogues a means of social networking as well as provide them with teachers and aid while still allowing them to choose their own path through life after the trials of rebirth.

Not certain how old it is or how active, but something does exist.

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited August 2014
    Drenall said:

Sorry for the double posting, but found this gem in the massive lists of clans

The Clan of Citiless Wanderers (Wanderers) is a clan meant to provide a community of sorts for the rogues of sapience and any that are willing to provide them with aid or guidance. It is meant to give rogues a means of social networking as well as provide them with teachers and aid while still allowing them to choose their own path through life after the trials of rebirth.

Not certain how old it is or how active, but something does exist.

Nessy who is the clan's owner is active and there are quite a few members overall, but not many new ones - I think we have a total of like 14 active members right now. That is mainly due to the clan simply not inducting many new rogues on a consistent basis though. The clan has great potential; it just needs some updating and consistent attention. 

• Drenall said:

What about setting weather as optional messages. For RP I could "config weather on" and get messages about rain, cold, etc. Then when I walk into a tavern and emote about being dripping wet, it would make sense to others who are paying attention to weather? If you don't want to be bothered with weather, you never turn that option on.

There already are weather messages. There's rain/snow/wind of varying strengths, the temperature changes, it can be sunny or cloudy, etc., and the only part that's optional about it is whether or not you see weather in the room description. Weather does already have some practical effects as well; blizzards and heavy rain can even make it hard to see, blizzards basically blinding you and heavy rain preventing you from squinting/glancing into adjacent rooms, strong wind has a chance to drown out your voice so people can't hear what you say, and I think the chance of being blown around while flying depends on the wind.

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front

Joined!

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Good luck! I hope some fun stories and roleplay come out of this. This concept doesn't suit my own play style, but I wish you guys all the best.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• I'm with Jurixe in that it doesn't make huge sense for Jhaeli's roleplay to actually join, for the moment at least, but I will make a point of stopping in at various public taverns for potential conversation!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Stuneree said:

Hasar said:
    Step 1: Cease being a heathen.  :)

Beat me to it. If you want quality roleplay, go get yourself branded in Mhaldor. It's one of the first things I was told in Achaea - for roleplay to the max, be in Mhaldor.

I made a character in Mhaldor at one point and it was freakin' awesome, but I've gotta say that I wouldn't be able to stick it out with that RP for the long haul. It's just not my thing.

The clan idea sounds cool. Maybe if I actually get deep into playing here this time, I'll check it out.

• I'm so incredibly excited about the clan that I just really don't have words. Anyone who is already a member can induct, so if anyone is interested let me/them know - you can PM me here too if you prefer to keep the surface of your immersion mostly intact. :)

• MadelyneMadelyne East Coast, USA

Because it felt weird trying to log in to find someone to pass this along to, here's a tool that may be useful. Good luck with the clan!

http://random-generator.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

• Madelyne said:

Because it felt weird trying to log in to find someone to pass this along to, here's a tool that may be useful. Good luck with the clan!

http://random-generator.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Uh....

UHHHHHHHHH -

This is amazing. Thanks for sharing. Maybe we can make a help scroll with the link to help people come up with adventures/scenarios for RP. 

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness

Rp flag is a great idea, love that it was implemented.

As far as clans, all I can think is *groan* not another clan

• Just to clarify: The spontaneous RP on RPWHO is usually (not always) a bit different than what is being sought by members of the clan (usually on-going roleplay interactions based around a story arc or category). Although the channel itself can definitely be used to hash out the specifics of what someone on RPWHO might be hoping for in terms of roleplay. The two options complement each other really well. :smile: 

• Amarillys said:

Side note, I also totally need a nemesis. Not like... for combat or anything, but just someone to be around and make Amarillys' life kind of frustrating. That sounds fun. 

Sorry! Really excited that I found this post here, sorry for derailing myself!
    I've loved all of my interactions with you from the start! Your character is pretty damned adorable.

As for finding a nemesis, @Hasar is pretty good at making life frustrating, exciting, and interesting without full combat implications (I'm sure there will be more fighting in the future though! :D)
    meh

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Amarillys said:
    it is pretty much impossible to talk to a Mhaldorian.
    Mhaldorian players make use of RPWHO, RP-related clans, public newsboards, and other avenues providing ready access to a global community of e-villains.  
  • Trilliana said:

I've loved all of my interactions with you from the start! Your character is pretty damned adorable. 

The adorable thing was kind of entirely on accident. Being new to the game, I figured a shy character would let me sit in the background a bit and watch everything from a distance, so I could get a feel of everything. I had no idea the idea would make me cute and get a lot of interactions. I'm glad it has, though. ^_^

Herenicus said:

Mhaldorian players make use of RPWHO, RP-related clans, public newsboards, and other avenues providing ready access to a global community of e-villains.  

I look on RPWHO and I spot Mhaldorians on there, so I always peek at where they are so I can maybe bump in to them and have some fun. They are usually in Mhaldor, though. >_< Not exactly easy to bump into them there when I am fairly certain I am not allowed in.

• Amarillys said:
    Herenicus said:

I look on RPWHO and I spot Mhaldorians on there, so I always peek at where they are so I can maybe bump in to them and have some fun. They are usually in Mhaldor, though. >_< Not exactly easy to bump into them there when I am fairly certain I am not allowed in.
    You likely won't be allowed in, but depending on what kind of interaction you're looking for, you can find opportunities to speak with them by either keeping an eye out for any that are out and about or sending them a tell if they decide to raid your city (especially the latter, if you're looking to start an antagonistic relationship). Worse case scenario, go wandering through Mhaldor Isle and/or Blackrock then say you got lost!

I try and make a point of being out and about at least once if I'm on for a length of time, instead of holing up in the city the whole time, but Mhaldor likes to keep its people hopping by ensuring they've always got something to work on and it's often easier to sit and work inside the city.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Oooh, getting lost around Black Rock. I can do that. I am down there monthly. ^_^

• Could we add in RPWHO what area people are in? That'd be cool, since I still don't know where places are by name... Then I could hunt down more RP people.

• edited October 2014
    I could see that going bad, if people are wanting to RP but still sort of wanting to be sneaky. So maybe a way to opt in when you do RPWHO... like RPWHO ON AREA or something...

• Sarapis said:

Cause it was annoying to be honest. Same reason we don't make people have to go to the bathroom.
    LOL, bathrooms. Iocun will piss wherever he stands!