Mudlet GUI's

13»

Comments

• Cynlael said:

curious about that right side. is that border surrounding that miniconsole. is that stylesheetable or you just add label-with-the-border behind the miniconsole?

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • edited August 2014

Yay multiple colours.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

^hate rebounding timing. :disappointed: 

Label created before the miniconsole is. (to make it so you can still click on the miniconsole)

• okay thanks!

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • edited September 2014
    After coming back, and -finally- getting off my ass, this is what I've decided to settle with. - Uses a grand total of 7 triggers. (1 of which is run on login, another only when you check IH, and another for IG map)
    (buttons above the left box will have styling done to them by the time this has been posted)
    'Room' displays a menu that will give a few options;
    1. Display denizens in the room,
    2. Display players in the room,
    3. Switch between game map/mudlet map.
    'Hunting' displays various random statistics while you're hunting... Total gold, gold earned since you switched to the tab, things slain, crits (total, percentage, etc)

'Combat' displays combat related stuff... Afflictions you have (requires SVO/wunderSys - auto detects which one you have), whether or not you have rebounding/mass/breathing active.

Yay. \o/

• Been messing around with blowtorch while in bed, trying to get to sleep. I'm pretty impressed with its versatility, to be honest.

Touch screen, obviously. Top right has buttons for movement, buttons just below that are for various target settings (only a low level char, so it has minimal targets) Other buttons pretty self explanatory as well, I think (DEF1/2 just puts up blessings, since I don't want those particular ones handled by serverside. MACE summons + attaches fist to mace/wields it)

Much more to come, still! - Highly customisable even how it currently is, even without 'true' scripting capability.

• Laptop died finally... Me being as retarded as I am, didn't back any of my scripts up, so I lost all my Mudlet stuff.
    Rewrote my GUI from scratch, with a few minimal changes. Any suggestions on what else to add, before I finalise it?
    (for reference, the menu does the same as what's listed above, pink bar = exp)

Ps. Mudlet 3.0 is pretty nice. Woo coloured scrollbars :D

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I'd say, if able, some form of rift tracking or like, elist tracking, perhaps?
  • Really wanna try out 3.0, but I'm worried about screwing up all my 2.1 stuff

• Would recommend backing up as much as possible if you upgraded. It seems to have a habit of deleting script contents occasionally, if you change between the scripts too frequently.

..I totally didn't have 800 lines of code *poof* on me without warning 2-3 times or anything.. Yay for patience.

• Ask, and ye shall receive. Rift tracking might be a lil bit more difficult, though. I probably won't end up adding that, to be honest.

ps: anyone who's bought my GUI in the past are welcome to these new ones, if they would like them. Free of charge (this one's not finished to my satisfaction yet, though)

• Jacen said:
    Really wanna try out 3.0, but I'm worried about screwing up all my 2.1 stuff

Haven't had any reports of that happening but always back up just in case. 3.0 is seamlessly compatible with all 2.1 stuff, we don't believe in breaking scripts.
  • edited October 2014
    Vadimuses said:
    Jacen said:

Haven't had any reports of that happening but always back up just in case. 3.0 is seamlessly compatible with all 2.1 stuff, we don't believe in breaking scripts.
    Im on 3 now, was messing around with gmcp stuff (probably doing it wrong) and I ended in a situation where my game output would just start getting jumbled and garglish. After some googling I found thats a known issue that's fixed in 3, so had to update.

So far I'm liking 3, the only thing I've noticed is that my clipboard seems to stop working randomly, not sure if anyone else has experienced that :?
  • edited October 2014
    Vadimuses said:
    Jacen said:

I'm pretty prompt about saving any updates I make to any scripts I make... A few times with 3.0 I had hundreds of lines of code randomly disappear, or just not being recognised whatsoever. Tabbed chat, for example, randomly wouldn't create tables for it to function, even if it was the only script running.
     re: the scripts, even reverting to a previous profile wouldn't restore them back, it'd just be a completely blank function (or just a blank box all together) - ended up just going back to 2.1 :/

• Now I'm scared to keep testing 3.0. First thing that's been weird for me is the spellcheck dictionary disappeared. Back to 2.1 for me!

Also, @Cynlael I like the new UI!
    meh

• Cynlael said:
    Vadimuses said:
    Jacen said:

I'm pretty prompt about saving any updates I make to any scripts I make... A few times with 3.0 I had hundreds of lines of code randomly disappear, or just not being recognised whatsoever. Tabbed chat, for example, randomly wouldn't create tables for it to function, even if it was the only script running.
     re: the scripts, even reverting to a previous profile wouldn't restore them back, it'd just be a completely blank function (or just a blank box all together) - ended up just going back to 2.1 :/
    Did you open the profile's XML file with a text editor to check if the scripts were truly deleted, or if they merely didn't show up in Mudlet?
  • edited October 2014
    Yes. Scripts were erroring / not executing, because the functions were just flat out wiped from the profile. The script itself was there. The code within the script was gone.

• edited October 2014
    Finally finished my computer project work, so got to finish this up for the third time. - Have removed displaying the text map in the container, it takes up too much space, and is too annoying since some maps have completely different captures that I didn't want to rewrite again.
    Lo and behold;

General Room Info (Denizens and Players are both the same, essentially) - the ? brings the menu down
    [spoiler] [/spoiler]
    Hunting
    [spoiler] [/spoiler]
    Combat - Will need SVO or WunderSys for this window to be displayed. Otherwise it'll just tell you it can't be viewed.
    [spoiler] [/spoiler]
    Elixlist (Does not currently update in real-time, only when clicking the button, or doing 'elist')
    [spoiler] [/spoiler]

If you've purchased my other GUI, and want this one instead. Send me a message with your e-mail, since I didn't keep a list of them. If you want to purchase it (30cr + extras*) then send me a message as well.

* - cost depends on what you want. A lot of things (within reason) won't have an extra charge.

• Did @Iocun ever make his gui available?
  • Tibitha said:
    Template works fine in Mudlet 2, but I had to move to 3 to handle my (probably horrendous) gmcp coding.
    Could you elaborate on those issues?
  • Just a look at my GUI work
  • Did @Iocun ever make his gui available?
    This

• Everything I've ever attempted has been so much smaller than this, and I've always failed. So I play with a vanilla Svo Screen with a Mudlet mapper and no GUI tracking system for anything whatsoever. I feel like we play entirely different games, yall and me.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Borran said:
    Everything I've ever attempted has been so much smaller than this, and I've always failed. So I play with a vanilla Svo Screen with a Mudlet mapper and no GUI tracking system for anything whatsoever. I feel like we play entirely different games, yall and me.
    Baby steps, Borran, baby steps. My GUI started out organically, a little window here, a small script there. Once I was more confident, I planned out what I wanted properly and rebuilt it.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I just need some help setting my mapper and a tabbed chat on the right side of my mudlet window.  I've tried before and just...wow...it was horrible.  Also, I'm colour blind so it was hard to try and even capture everything for the tabbed chat.  Any help would be awesome.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited May 2015
    Here's one for your mapper:

http://filenuke.com/f/OgrqP10

EDIT: @Crono
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited May 2015
    Man it's amazing how fast you can make UIs when you have a proper layout in mind.
    Lines approx: About 1900 (including triggers, + a bunch of sekrit stuff)
    Time Taken:   About an hour
    -Written -completely- from scratch, woo. Even decided to not be lazy and make my own chat capture!
    (Sorry @Starkad, I'll finish yours now!)

Red highlight in the denizens box is my current target. Does the same for players, too. (Solely a bashing UI, I'll probably add combat stuff in later)