Achaea: Cancelling my subscription.

Was just turned into a shrubbery for having an issue with the administration telling my girlfriend to not use obscene language, but issue-ing someone who has obscene language in their motto. My g/f will probably cancel her subscription too.

Comments

• I like how you said probably. Girl has her priorities straight.

i'm a rebel

• edited October 2014
    Sounds like a 100% accurate description of the "issue".  (why is there no emoji thing for rolling of the eyes)

With that said, these things are best kept between yourself and the game admin.  They're very discrete with this stuff on there end, and for the most part, have a fairly good reputation for both leniency and good judgement.

Not going to comment on whether or not you should cancel or not, but do yourself a favor, and don't go to war with IRE on their home turf.
  • Not going to war. Just telling the players what to expect from the administration, but if you're already on their side, then awesome.
  • edited October 2014
    Obscene language on public channels is generally always frowned upon. At a wild guess, I'd suppose this is potentially what the situation was. Would have to be to get admin attention.

Edit: FYI AFAIK none of us know the situation, so we can only really assume based on past interactions with the admin team.
  • The situation was punishing one person for obscene language and not the other and calling them out on it. I guess questioning authority is just not an option.
  • Nothing wrong with questioning a decision. Just have to do it the right way, and especially with a cool head.

If you're still angry, bitter, etc (not saying you are, i can't tell) then I'd recommend taking some time to cool off and then approach the situation with a level head.
  • edited October 2014
    Also they disfavoured my girlfriend's character for my actions... and that's really not acceptable.
  • I'm pretty sure I handled it pretty calmly to begin with, but it was just met with a lightning bolt. I also mentioned that was shouldn't ignore the issue and we should talk like adults. That resulted in a shrubbing.
  • inb4 forum ban
  • It would speak volumes of the administration if they'd like to settle this over email, rather than just continue to ignore then ban. Just saying.
  • No one cares
This discussion has been closed.