New Arena Mode [Plant/Mineral Consumption]

Suggestion : A new arena mode where curative consumption behaves identically to curative consumption outside the arena to more accurately simulate fights outside the arena.

Reason : Opens up more combat strats for in-arena spars.

Idea : Refund of plants/minerals consumed at the end of the spar.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]

Comments

• Just fight outside the arena.

• Duel to the death uses up curatives. That very accurately simulates fights outside the arena.
  • @Sena : Hmm, that would defeat the intention of this suggestion - my idea was to prevent the loss of curatives by refunding them at the end while having the curing mechanics behave more accurately.

For example, if you eat kelp, it uses up the kelp in your inventory and if you eat kelp with vardrax, it eats all of it, etc. but you get all your curatives back at the end.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, I read this as a plea for a place where we can pratice/teach rift locks. Would really just like arenas in general to put herbs and such back in our rifts, so that fighting in arenas mirrored actual combat, but always been told that was impossible for reasons that I've never seen adequately explained. Would really like to see that change, or at least explained in detail so we'd all know to stop asking.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Tired of killing allies testing locks. Gets annoying for the tester and the person being tested on (or the testee...lmao)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Do you always prefer to riftlock your testees, or do you garrote them sometimes?
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Tecton said:
    Yep, we've actually got a new combat rankings system / arena mode that will support this coming in the future! We're hoping to have it in place for the first season of 2015!
    This is why we like you, the changes you've been adding to the game as of late (and personally alot of them changes I think should have been that way from the start) is just awesome and makes the game far more enjoyable.