Multiclassing

Comments

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    @Sarapis Ah, yeah, you guys do respond to ideas filed through the idea command. I figured you received waaaay to many of those to go through and comment on them individually, like you do with classleads. But this makes more sense now:

Idea #   : 1008
    Filed by : Aktillum.
    Filed on : 2014/09/09 15:44:31
    Approved : NO
    Idea text:
    Change bounty board to only show "Player has claimed responsibility for a bounty" to prevent alts 
    from seeing what bounties have been claimed on their main char. For example if a Mhaldorian claims a bounty on my head I could easily log into a Mhaldorian char and readlog Mhaldor to see who took it. Not that I'd do that but others might.

Message #2988       Sent by Tecton
    9/09/15:47 Not that you'd do it... riiiight :P.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Chaosknights have been bandied around for a long time, and while they could be interesting, in theory, we feel that development time spent on designing/coding/balancing a new class would be better spent on an entirely new class, rather than another knight class.
  • Aw, night night, new knight. :(
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Xith said:
    Aw, night night, new knight. :(
    Just invent the skillset yourself and pretend it's real and occasionally include small excerpts in quotes to the forums to briefly trick other people into thinking it's real too.
    Much more enjoyable, in my opinion anyways, to never lesserform and tell everyone that asks your class is Outcast.
  • Kinilan said:
    Xith said:
    Aw, night night, new knight. :(
    Just invent the skillset yourself and pretend it's real and occasionally include small excerpts in quotes to the forums to briefly trick other people into thinking it's real too.
    Much more enjoyable, in my opinion anyways, to never lesserform and tell everyone that asks your class is Outcast.
    Xith's class is outcast. :(
  • Hm, would multiclass allow for choosing different stat specializations for each class that you are? Or will people without the capability to change that at will need to keep that in mind and not go for like, magi and runewarden with int spec unless they want to be the weakest most fragile knight in the land.
  • Malorn said:
    Hm, would multiclass allow for choosing different stat specializations for each class that you are? Or will people without the capability to change that at will need to keep that in mind and not go for like, magi and runewarden with int spec unless they want to be the weakest most fragile knight in the land.
    There's an artefact that does that, so probably not.
  • edited October 2014
    Bukariin said:
    Malorn said:
    Hm, would multiclass allow for choosing different stat specializations for each class that you are? Or will people without the capability to change that at will need to keep that in mind and not go for like, magi and runewarden with int spec unless they want to be the weakest most fragile knight in the land.
    There's an artefact that does that, so probably not.
    The artefacts existance was implied by me specifically mentioning people who can't do that.

Still wouldn't mind an answer. :smiley: 
  • From what I've read, they're not really answering questions like that yet. I'm not sure they're entirely sure. If they were, one of my biggest questions would be on class synergy. Say I was a runewarden and a paladin, would I need to pay for chivalry twice, or would learning it in one class be enough in the second class? This fits for things like runewarden/infernal (Chivalry again), magi/sylvan (elementalism), jester/occultist (tarot). Runewarden/shaman (runelore), Paladin/Priest (devotion), and so on.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Bladepriest. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Amarillys said:
    From what I've read, they're not really answering questions like that yet. I'm not sure they're entirely sure. If they were, one of my biggest questions would be on class synergy. Say I was a runewarden and a paladin, would I need to pay for chivalry twice, or would learning it in one class be enough in the second class? This fits for things like runewarden/infernal (Chivalry again), magi/sylvan (elementalism), jester/occultist (tarot). Runewarden/shaman (runelore), Paladin/Priest (devotion), and so on.
    Doubt it, since changing class from knight to knight doesn't let you save your Chivalry/Forging skillpoints.
  • Yes, but they're implementing a new system. I think a lot of assumptions about how things work -now- can't be carried over to how they could/will work. Except the ones that do, of course. :stuck_out_tongue: 

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    If it ends up anything like Aetolia's multi-classing, you'd have to learn the skillset again. I remember that was the reason people I'd spoken to in that game had advised against transing both vampire classes because 2 of 3 skillsets were the same, and seemed like a waste to learn two skillsets twice over.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Maybe we'll get lucky/make sense and Achaea won't do that ^_^

• It would be amusing to see somebody trying to RP consistently while changing their class between Jester and Occultist.
  • Iocun said:
    Possession.
    Pregnancy

• Synbios said:
    Iocun said:
    Possession.
    Pregnancy
    Calvin Klein

<_<
  • Synbios said:
    Iocun said:
    Possession.
    Pregnancy
    Same thing, right?
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
  • Bukariin said:
    It would be amusing to see somebody trying to RP consistently while changing their class between Jester and Occultist.
    It's called SAN damage.
  • Does anyone see a monk/magi build as viable?  Maybe telepathy monk?
  • Multiclass is available, just takes some time and there's a 400cr fee for each time you want to play your other class and a denizen you have to visit, then you just have to have a few brief refresher courses.
  • Kaijin said:
    Does anyone see a monk/magi build as viable?  Maybe telepathy monk?
    Don't hold your breath for a new class. You'll go unconscious after a few minutes.

Sarapis has gone so far as to say the last class they added was a bad idea, and they wouldn't even consider a new class if you paid $10000
  • Rispok said:
    Kaijin said:
    Does anyone see a monk/magi build as viable?  Maybe telepathy monk?
    Don't hold your breath for a new class. You'll go unconscious after a few minutes.

Sarapis has gone so far as to say the last class they added was a bad idea, and they wouldn't even consider a new class if you paid $10000
    pirates though
  • I have multiclass on the ACC / Makarios' testserver. muhahahahha
  • Is this for real?  Don't be trolling.

• He doesn't, he's a liar. We do have the ability to instantly change class there though, but that's just a test server thing. 

• Cooper said:
    He doesn't, he's a liar. We do have the ability to instantly change class there though, but that's just a test server thing. 
     Sigh