HTML5 Client Questions and Such

Comments

• Hi, a couple questions.
    1. Is this the exact same code base across all ire games or could there be changes in lusternia that don't exist in achaea?

2. How can I get a script to call an alias?  For example I have an alias that calls one of three random sentences, how can I use that alias in another script?
    3. I seem to always get an error in chrome when I use client.send_direct. It tells me, length is not defined. :(  thanks for your help.
  • NankaarNankaar San Jose, Costa Rica
    Daganev said:
    Hi, a couple questions.
    1. Is this the exact same code base across all ire games or could there be changes in lusternia that don't exist in achaea?

2. How can I get a script to call an alias?  For example I have an alias that calls one of three random sentences, how can I use that alias in another script?
    3. I seem to always get an error in chrome when I use client.send_direct. It tells me, length is not defined. :(  thanks for your help.
    1 - I can't help you with that, because I only play Achaea.

2 - If you can call the alias in-game, then you can use the send_direct function. 

3 - I have the same problem, not with every script however. 

• How do I set up a trigger to capture targets called over a channel (such as Party)?

Currently in Mudlet I have this:

Trigger name: Autotarget

Trigger text 1-4 (all perl regex):
    ^\(Party\): (\w+) says, "Target: (.*)\."$
    ^\(Party\): (\w+) says, "Target (.*)\."$
    ^\(Party\): (\w+) says, "TARGET (.*)\."$
    ^\(Party\): (\w+) says, "Targeting: (.*)\."$
    ^\(Party\): (\w+) says, "TARGET: (.*)\."$
    Script:
    target = matches[3]
    echo("\nWe're killing " ..target.. ", Boss.")

HTML5 client doesn't allow for multiple trigger lines in one, I figure I'll just have to create one trigger each, that's fine, but I can't get it to work with this example:

Trigger name: Party Target

Trigger text (Regular expression):
    ^\(Party\): (\w+) says, "Target: (\w+)\."$
    Execute script:
    send_direct("st " + args[1]);
    send_direct("ih");

(I added send_direct("ih") to see whether it was working at all, but no avail).

Originally tried client.send_direct, and I had the (.*) instead of (\w+) for the target, but neither seemed to be doing anything.

What am I missing?

Have you tried using print in the script, just to see if it is indeed triggering?

I never use $ in my triggers... Maybe you can try removing it.

• I'm trying to set up a test alias to get the hang of coding in the html5 client.  I successfully set up the following simple alias:

{"name":"testpackage","enabled":true,"description":"Testing","type":"group","id":1,"items":[{"type":"alias","name":"Test Alias","enabled":true,"id":2,"matching":"exact","whole_words":true,"case_sensitive":true,"prefix_suffix":true,"actions":[{"action":"command","command":"look","prefix_suffix":true}],"text":"testalias"}]};

It works fine.  I then want to see if I can do something fancier, so I change it from executing a command to executing a script.  I use client.send_direct to send the same command:

{"name":"testpackage","enabled":true,"description":"Testing","type":"group","id":1,"items":[{"type":"alias","name":"Test Alias","enabled":true,"id":2,"matching":"exact","whole_words":true,"case_sensitive":true,"prefix_suffix":true,"actions":[{"action":"script","script":"client.send_direct(\"look\");"}],"text":"testalias"}]}];

This also successfully sends the command, but my browser generates an error pop-up reading, "TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined."

What have I done wrong?
  • Hey All, so I'm having some really annoying issues with the html5 client. In short, it just won't work. I have been trying to connect a couple of times over the last 5 days or so, I wasn't playing before but it looked like a ton of fun. I am running a lenovo y40 laptop running windows 8.1. For some reason I can't login or create an account on the html5 client. I was able to create a profile using mudlet but I'm a noob so I really want to use the more user friendly html5.  I saw in another forum someone saying to do a traceroute.

Tracing route to www.achaea.com [69.65.42.198]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     2 ms     2 ms  172.16.255.254
      2     2 ms     2 ms     3 ms  172.16.1.1
      3     3 ms     5 ms     6 ms  207-191-194-153.cpe.imoncommunications.net [207.
    191.194.153]
      4     7 ms    13 ms     9 ms  v213.core1.chi1.he.net [216.66.73.141]
      5     7 ms     7 ms     9 ms  pr1.chi2.servernap.net [206.223.119.108]
      6    13 ms     9 ms     8 ms  po-12.csr2.Chi3.Servernap.net [66.252.0.69]
      7     9 ms     8 ms     8 ms  po-102.ddr1.Chi3.Servernap.net [66.252.0.130]
      8     9 ms    11 ms    10 ms  www.achaea.com [69.65.42.198]

Trace complete.

I suspect its similar to why i can't use dungeon crawl tiles online, but i don't know why that is either.

Thanks SOOOOO much for any help

Ariachus
  • What browser are you using?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    It might be that telnet is blocked by your network administrator, preventing the client from connecting to the game to make your character.

Windows 8.1 doesn't come with a telnet client by default (which makes it annoying to test quickly), but you could try downloading a mud client like Mudlet (www.mudlet.org) and seeing if you can connect that way.

Let us know how you go!
  • Tecton said:
    Windows 8.1 doesn't come with a telnet client by default (which makes it annoying to test quickly)
    It's there, just disabled by default. It only takes a minute to enable it, and it doesn't require a restart.

It's under Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows features on and off > Telnet Client. Just check the box and click OK.
  • Sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to make a trigger run multiple times on the same line?

So if have a trigger that highlights enemy names for example, it currently only highlights the first one.
  • Also! Second question, the packages, can a package contain a subset of variables, reflexes, aliases and script? In other words is it possible to separately package a single utility, like targeting or limbcounting for example? Or is it really more of and all or nothing thing?
  • Tiax said:
    I'm trying to set up a test alias to get the hang of coding in the html5 client.  I successfully set up the following simple alias:

{"name":"testpackage","enabled":true,"description":"Testing","type":"group","id":1,"items":[{"type":"alias","name":"Test Alias","enabled":true,"id":2,"matching":"exact","whole_words":true,"case_sensitive":true,"prefix_suffix":true,"actions":[{"action":"command","command":"look","prefix_suffix":true}],"text":"testalias"}]};

It works fine.  I then want to see if I can do something fancier, so I change it from executing a command to executing a script.  I use client.send_direct to send the same command:

{"name":"testpackage","enabled":true,"description":"Testing","type":"group","id":1,"items":[{"type":"alias","name":"Test Alias","enabled":true,"id":2,"matching":"exact","whole_words":true,"case_sensitive":true,"prefix_suffix":true,"actions":[{"action":"script","script":"client.send_direct(\"look\");"}],"text":"testalias"}]}];

This also successfully sends the command, but my browser generates an error pop-up reading, "TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined."

What have I done wrong?
    I'm having the same issue. I can't use send_direct at all without that error popping up. Did you figure it out?
    I have been getting the same output with random "send_directs", for a long time as well. I have no idea what it is, it doesn't stop the aliases from working, but for me, it only pops up with certain send_directs, not all of them.

• edited October 2014
    What browser are you using?

I have tried using both Google Chrome and Firefox, since both are listed as viable. I don't think its a network permissions thing because I'm able to use the schools computers at my college, which run windows 7, but on the college network or my home network i'm unable to get anything. I am able to use mudlet from both so i don't think its a connection error. Its just i'm so noob and the purely text based is really hard for me to visualize. Also I knew about the telnet being disabled so i enabled it, thought it might be necessary to use the html5.
  • Are you able to connect to your character via Mudlet?  (yeah, I know you think you've answered this question, but opening mudlet is not the same thing as connecting to achaea so I have to ask)

Is this happening only on your computer, or on other college/home network computers?

Is your Chrome/Firefox browser up-to-date?
  • edited October 2014
    Bukariin said:
    Are you able to connect to your character via Mudlet?  (yeah, I know you think you've answered this question, but opening mudlet is not the same thing as connecting to achaea so I have to ask)

Is this happening only on your computer, or on other college/home network computers?

Is your Chrome/Firefox browser up-to-date?
    Chrome and firefox are up to date. I am able to open mudlet, login and move around /interact with the world. I have only found this issue on my personal computer. Also it may be worth mentioning when i tried to create a character with the html5 it wouldn't be created and i had to do it through the mudlet.
  • Another question from me! (I should just create my own thread at this point).

I can't download the log, whenever I try, my entire Chrome goes into "Aw, Snap! Something went wrong" mode.

Anyone else get that?
    Tibitha said:
    Another question from me! (I should just create my own thread at this point).

I can't download the log, whenever I try, my entire Chrome goes into "Aw, Snap! Something went wrong" mode.

Anyone else get that?
    Hrrm, working fine for me.

Tibitha said:
    Tiax said:
    I'm trying to set up a test alias to get the hang of coding in the html5 client.  I successfully set up the following simple alias:

What have I done wrong?
    I'm having the same issue. I can't use send_direct at all without that error popping up. Did you figure it out?
    This should be fixed in the next build of the client!
    And if you refresh your client page, you should no longer get the error on send_direct!
    That's awesome! Thanks!

• Sooo I've broken the client in some new and exciting ways!
    • The first is still the log download, I got it to work once, when the log was not very long, but any other time, Chrome breaks and the log is lost.
    • The second is regarding @tar, I've changed my target variable to @target, so stop it from auto-targeting when there's only one denizen in the room (and thus tragically killing people's pets). I've unticked the "Expand @tar to the current target" checkbox on my buttons, but " DSL @target" still sends through "DSL 12345get" instead of "DSL rat".
    • The third new and exciting way is that it's now refusing to save my system. No matter how many times I press save and it tells me it's saved, when I log in again, it's back to the old one. I've resorted to exporting and importing now.
  • The advantage of @tar is that you can change your target by doing "st (whatever)" rather than "@set target (whatever)" which obviously takes a bit longer.  Killing other denizens isn't as much of a problem as it used to be; if you're using queued attacks, leftover queued attacks will hit nothing.
    Tibitha said:
    Sooo I've broken the client in some new and exciting ways!
    • The first is still the log download, I got it to work once, when the log was not very long, but any other time, Chrome breaks and the log is lost.
    • The second is regarding @tar, I've changed my target variable to @target, so stop it from auto-targeting when there's only one denizen in the room (and thus tragically killing people's pets). I've unticked the "Expand @tar to the current target" checkbox on my buttons, but " DSL @target" still sends through "DSL 12345get" instead of "DSL rat".
    • The third new and exciting way is that it's now refusing to save my system. No matter how many times I press save and it tells me it's saved, when I log in again, it's back to the old one. I've resorted to exporting and importing now.
    Looks like the new version of chrome has caused some issues. The team and I are on the case, and we hope to have things fixed up ASAP!
  • Tecton said:
    Tibitha said:
    Sooo I've broken the client in some new and exciting ways!
    Looks like the new version of chrome has caused some issues. The team and I are on the case, and we hope to have things fixed up ASAP!
    If you guys need a tester, I seem to have an innate knack for breaking this thing XD

As an aside, is it better to log client bugs here or should I use \bug?
  • Using the Feedback tab in client settings is best for bug reports.
  • I am trying to make a script which transmutes (Monk ability) the amount of health I am bleeding.

How do I gather a temporary variable in the line "You bleed @whatever" so I can send "transmute @whatever" to the game, please?

Do I really have to make a function? I am super newbie at coding. Also, if @Mishgul could invite me to the HTML5 clan I would really appreciate it.
    Light prevails, always
  • Yeah, you'll have to make a function. 

Why do you want to transmute the amount of health you bleed?  Wouldn't you rather just transmute to keep your hitpoints above a certain threshold (say, 1500 hitpoints) and when it falls below that you transmute the difference?
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks, I managed to do that without a function right now!

^You bleed (\w+) health.
    ==and then
    transmute @1 ===>in the send command

It seems working.

As to your question…you are so right. I feel like an idiot. It would be so much better, but I have no idea how to do that though. So that's why I came up with my brilliant idea. I will work on your suggestion. I will need to understand the GMCP I guess...

I finally settled for HTML5 client, so I will be able to play seamlessly on each platform I have available. I guess it is time I learn to code. I have no more excuses...
    Light prevails, always
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    i think anyone on CLANHELP HTML5 can induct

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae