Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Kneeling for behead.

HaliosHalios Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
I know this is selfish and somewhat limited to Mhaldor RP, but can behead be changed to work on someone who is kneeling?

It's really awkward and silly to sit on the ground to be executed, when kneeling makes much more sense, and I don't think it would affect any other mechanics or balance.
SeifurAmarillysZerilShirszaeRomMelodiePraxidesUlrikeTrillianaHalosHerenicusTarausKresslackAntidasXith

Comments

• ZerilZeril Member Posts: 6 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    edited September 2014
    Halios said:
    I know this is selfish and somewhat limited to Mhaldor RP, but can behead be changed to work on someone who is kneeling?

It's really awkward and silly to sit on the ground to be executed, when kneeling makes much more sense, and I don't think it would affect any other mechanics or balance.
    I'm pretty sure kneeling used to make you actually prone, I wonder if they changed it so curing doesn't stand you right back up? EDIT: I guess it does require you to stand to move... seems odd then that it wouldn't work.
  • HaliosHalios Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    So awkward when I kneel to be beheaded by Ruth and she has to OOC tell me to sit because it doesnt work with kneel.

GG game mechanics :neutral_face: 
    Praxides
  • HalosHalos San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,456 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I can't see a downside to this. In the meantime, try this:

SIT : (His face a mirror of stony acceptance,) lowers himself upon one knee before $ruth and bares his neck.

MelodieSherazad
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 4,913 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited September 2014
    I juryrigged a SIT (emote) setup for the wedding too (though unfortunately I didn't get to use it). It definitely works is a great way to bypass this issue for the moment. You don't even have to include the word "sit" in your emote.
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    I'm a noob -- how does that work?

It does the sit mechanic but replaces the emote?
    Interesting thanks.
  • AeliosAelios Member Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    @Tecton - make it so! Would love you long time for it.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• AeliosAelios Member Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Daeir said:
    It already is so.

sit: kneels on the floor, hands raised to resemble a feline whilst chanting "Meow mix, meow mix, please deliver."
    Sit =/= Kneel

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• SenaSena Member Posts: 3,954 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited September 2014
    Aelios said:
    Daeir said:
    It already is so.

sit: kneels on the floor, hands raised to resemble a feline whilst chanting "Meow mix, meow mix, please deliver."
    Sit =/= Kneel
    With the ability to replace the sit message with a kneeling message using emotes, and replace the "Player is here, seated" with a kneeling message with poses (do poses override things like sitting? I haven't actually played with it much), what's the difference (aside from ease-of-use)?
    Halos
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,078 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited October 2014
    From what I I've seen, you actually need to be standing for the pose to take effect. Really wish that would be changed, though

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Sign In to Comment.