Character VO

Morning boredom strikes again.

Easily, one of my favorite things about role-playing in Achaea (or interacting in the world in general, whether with another character or with the environment) is how challenging but rewarding it can be to work a piece of writing so that it conjures a very detailed image in everyone's mind. One "sense" that has always been slightly vaguer than the rest, though, in my opinion, is the auditory one. "Accents" and "voices" helped with this, I think - but it, for some reason, still more challenging to "hear" a voice in your head (at least intentionally!) than it is to see something. I'm not presenting an issue with the system at all. I am merely saying that it's harder for the brain to do that. Or at least my brain. Maybe I just have a weird brain. I don't know.

Anyway. FOR FUN'S AND BOREDOM'S SAKE --

Who would voice your character given their current IG accent/voice/personality? 

Pick an actor, voice actor, a particular character that actor speaks for. -shrug- Thought it could be fun to hear how other players would like their characters to sound.

You can post a video OR just explain/list what actor it would be. 

Tillie's would be Rose Leslie, particularly the Ygritte brand. Scottish = Inbhir Ness, to me, as well as her voice being a little deeper, huskier.

I'd post a video, but they're all pretty redundant and I really don't feel like filtering through a ton of videos of just the "You know nothing, Jon Snow," and Ygritte/Jon sex scenes. So yeah.

BEGIN. Bl

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Closest I can find to what I think of for Amari. ^_^ 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IeBUc2oDKY
    Couldn't figure out how to embed it >_<

• SaralynneSaralynne Cyrene
    edited September 2014
    definitely Ridley, with a slightly lower pitch to her voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3SdGWKGI21g
  • Jhaeli said:
    I think if I was to pick an actress to portray Jhaeli, I'd probably lean towards Lena Headey, but her voice isn't quite deep enough. I do think Jennifer Hale comes pretty close as Illasera the Quick in Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal though. She's got the deepness and maturity, although Jhaeli doesn't sound -nearly- as husky and sexy (she's far too stoic for that) and her accent is much more subtle.

It starts at 6:49 or so, as I couldn't find a video that doesn't start before the actual dialogue!

I was pretty tempted to simply create my own version, admittedly. I might still do that, hah.

ETA: The only issue that I run into with doing my own version is that I'd have to determine what a Cyrenian accent and what an Ashtani accent sound like, as Jhae's accent is mostly Cyrenian that leans Ashtani when she's upset. There have been threads on that before though.
    I have the most enormous ladycrush on Jennifer Hale.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    edited September 2014
    Aod is pretty much meant to sound like a mix of Parthenax from Skyrim and Treebeard from LotR in cadence tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXkEGU7bJzA
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • George Clooney

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Jimmy Pop, from the Bloodhound Gang
    *Animated Signature*

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Apparently my character sounds like Adam Montoya. Who this is I do not know
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    Kerria sounds like Kira(Nana Visitor)...

Kerria silly:

• Trey said:
    Eld said:

Not really, that's just the only talking bug that came to mind. Will have to think about it a bit more for a real answer.
    Sorry, bruh. You're no @Mayapple
    Good point. Consider that post retracted.
  • Got to admit, Anne Sexton had a great voice.
  • UlrikeUlrike Maryland
    Anne Sexton in the flesh strikes me like a real-life Mrs. Robinson, if The Graduate had been from her perspective and had no Dustin Hoffman.

• edited October 2014
    This is Talysin in a nutshell.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Oi, @Tharvis‌

That's Adam Montoya
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    My voice over would be Joe Pasquale.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."