Kneeling for behead.

I know this is selfish and somewhat limited to Mhaldor RP, but can behead be changed to work on someone who is kneeling?

It's really awkward and silly to sit on the ground to be executed, when kneeling makes much more sense, and I don't think it would affect any other mechanics or balance.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Halios said:
    I know this is selfish and somewhat limited to Mhaldor RP, but can behead be changed to work on someone who is kneeling?

It's really awkward and silly to sit on the ground to be executed, when kneeling makes much more sense, and I don't think it would affect any other mechanics or balance.
    I'm pretty sure kneeling used to make you actually prone, I wonder if they changed it so curing doesn't stand you right back up? EDIT: I guess it does require you to stand to move... seems odd then that it wouldn't work.
  • So awkward when I kneel to be beheaded by Ruth and she has to OOC tell me to sit because it doesnt work with kneel.

GG game mechanics :neutral_face: 
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    I can't see a downside to this. In the meantime, try this:

SIT : (His face a mirror of stony acceptance,) lowers himself upon one knee before $ruth and bares his neck.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited September 2014
    I juryrigged a SIT (emote) setup for the wedding too (though unfortunately I didn't get to use it). It definitely works is a great way to bypass this issue for the moment. You don't even have to include the word "sit" in your emote.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I'm a noob -- how does that work?

It does the sit mechanic but replaces the emote?
  • Interesting thanks.
  • @Tecton - make it so! Would love you long time for it.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• Daeir said:
    It already is so.

sit: kneels on the floor, hands raised to resemble a feline whilst chanting "Meow mix, meow mix, please deliver."
    Sit =/= Kneel

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• edited September 2014
    Aelios said:
    Daeir said:
    It already is so.

sit: kneels on the floor, hands raised to resemble a feline whilst chanting "Meow mix, meow mix, please deliver."
    Sit =/= Kneel
    With the ability to replace the sit message with a kneeling message using emotes, and replace the "Player is here, seated" with a kneeling message with poses (do poses override things like sitting? I haven't actually played with it much), what's the difference (aside from ease-of-use)?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited October 2014
    From what I I've seen, you actually need to be standing for the pose to take effect. Really wish that would be changed, though

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.