Option 3... enemy EVERYONE!

TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)
My understanding of the limitations on the enemy and ally system only being able to have twenty people on it is that it's expected for the list to be constantly changing. Enter a team arena, ally and enemy the people you need to then when it's done, unally all and unenemy all. Defend a raid, enemy all the raiders, ally all the defenders, then when everything calms down clear your list again. 
I dislike this due to how long it takes. I know I am in the minority, playing from my cellphone, but doing this kind of thing manually is the only choice for anyone without much coding experience. It is time consuming and highly irritating. I usually only finish with my enemy and ally lists when people are pulling out, by which time I need to clear them.

I propose there be a way to ally and enemy organisations, like clans, orders, houses and cities. 

Even if there are restrictions to how it works, like enemied or allied organisations reset after an hour of non-combat. Or something similar to that. WOuld also make arena much easier of you could just be like ENEMY BLUETEAM and ALLY REDTEAM.

This would make things so much more fluid and easy to use, which is always a good thing, and I can't see any issues that can't be reasonably worked out. This idea is about trying to make thing less about tedious and more fun, help newbies especially and just make this game a better place. Of course, I might be missing something incredibly obvious that might make this a stupid idea. If so, feel free to tear me a new one.

Comments

• Well, then IRE would have to reimburse all the people who bought extra enemy slots.

Would also make it relatively easy to force somebody to drop all their enemies at one.

I like the idea of being able to save an enemy list and add or remove that batch of enemies to or from your list in one command, but that can be coded client-side.
  • TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)
    @Bukariin , I like that idea too. Wish I could do it.  :( 

On the point of forcing someone to unenemy all their enemies, yes, that would be easier. However it would also be just as easier to re-enemy them with a trigger.
  • Then learn to code.  Pretty much everything you're asking for can be done on your end.  Except, of course, adding a whole city to your enemies list because nobody has room for that and I don't think IRE would seriously consider eliminating a cash cow like that.
  • TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)
    I am not sure if you read all of my initial post, but I can't actually code anything beyond triggers and alias'
  • You can buy extra enemy slots? All I know about is the trait.
  • I thought you could just like with extra clan slots?
  • Not that I know of. You might be thinking of friends slots.
  • I completely agree that there is a problem with enemy management in the game and the size of combat now is majorly prohibitive, I have on several occasions only enemied those involved in the conflict and run out of slots against Ashtan. This doesn't seem like it's intentional balancing but just a side effect of how the game has advanced. In lusternia you can double your enemy slot up to 50 (they start with 25) and there are almost never more than 100 people online. Here, there are 500 people online, and you can only enemy 20. Seems strange.
  • edited September 2014
    Alias Pattern: ^en (.+)$
    Alias Code:
         send("unenemy all")
         for token in string.gmatch(matches[2], "[^,|%s]+") do
              send("enemy "..token)
         end

Simply do 'enemy person1, person2, person3, person 4' etc and it'll enemy all of them at once.
    or enemy person1|person2|person3 works too.

Can do one for allies too, if you want, which follows the same line of coding.

• Bukariin said:
    Well, then IRE would have to reimburse all the people who bought extra enemy slots.

Would also make it relatively easy to force somebody to drop all their enemies at one.

I like the idea of being able to save an enemy list and add or remove that batch of enemies to or from your list in one command, but that can be coded client-side.
    ...the command UNENEMY ALL works, you know...

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• Make it a defense like selfishness which prevents you from adding or removing anybody from your enemies/allies list.  Pacifism strips it, it requires balance to put up or drop.