Comments

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    edited September 2014
    http://youtu.be/uQl5aYhkF3E 

:P

Edit: Damnit, I cannot forums.
  • Jhui said:
    Santar said:

Should the whole world turn into a game of constantly trying to get the EQ gem and taking groups of dragons to do so every single day?

A little over-exaggeration on how useful this is in anyone else's hands but mine (or maybe another artied eq monk, but again...monk).

The exaggeration that I am seeing is, "Jhui has Eq Gem, can't handle that, game over, give up."

When in reality the situation is "We'll get ass-raped either way because these dudes are just so much better than we are, but eq gem has just given us an awesome excuse as to why this is happening."

Am I right, or am I right?
    I'm fine with this, for the record, but...

Aren't you people always bitching about how people don't want to play with you? You can't say 'Man, y'all suck, you never wanna play' and then turn around and say 'Suck it, we know we can beat you easily and will continue to get advantages beat you even harder, so you can't fight back,' I feel.

Perfectly legit attitude, but you can't also wonder/complain when people don't really wanna engage you :/
  • I was being an asshole on purpose up there, don't make me try to explain myself.
  • edited September 2014
    I don't actually mean you, specifically, though I quoted you. I know you have a better attitude'n most people around :D 

ETA: Meant other people who've posted some very silly sounding things here!
  • Actually now that I think about it, I like Strata's logic. Give broken things to people who won't abuse them. Therefore give Cyrene an area-wide, enemy list only instant kill ability. Require like ten years of active citizenship to use it. It'll never be used for griefing, promise!
  • Tone of thread is such that it's breeding a trolly atmosphere. I wouldn't expect much beyond that. When I see Jhui's PT spam of him mind banging someone, I laugh out loud. So crazy.

• @Jhui talks enough shit maybe people will finally grow a pair and ram your head against the wall.

Enough people can break the wall, but you have to do it even when it isn't easy nor winnable. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited September 2014
    "Just kill Jhui" wouldn't be a lot to ask if it weren't also for Earrings, which of course have their own thread.

E: And I've said elsewhere that my complaint isn't specifically about Jhui, or about Monks, because any combination of experienced player and EQ-based class (Occultist would be horrific) could also benefit from this combo of relics/artefacts in a very strongly OP way.
  • Bukariin said:
    "Just kill Jhui" wouldn't be a lot to ask if it weren't also for Earrings, which of course have their own thread.
    It's not a lot to ask, people just suck.  This thread is making it seem damn near impossible to kill me, though.  While I appreciate everyone slobbing on my knob, it's time to stop and be realistic about how bad you all really are. :smiley: 
  • Gem is still dumb no matter who has it. Majority of playerbase doesn't want to play the chase the gem game. Delete it. gg
  • Totally ninja'd the gem.
  • for now!
  • Dartega said:
    Gem is still dumb no matter who has it. Majority of playerbase doesn't want to play the chase the gem game. Delete it. gg
    Change it to like an

uh

aeon net

or something
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    gem of truesoulspear. aeon impale.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • 8085h, 7426m, 34235e, 29684w cexkdb-TALISMAN SET RELICS
    Name: Relics
    Partial name: relics
    Description: A set of Talismans related to Relics.
    Talismans:
    the Equilibrium Gem (eqgem)
    the War Veil (warveil)
    Huskmaker (huskmaker)

So yaaaaaa. Globes in October are going to sell like CRAZY.
  • Kinilan said:
    8085h, 7426m, 34235e, 29684w cexkdb-TALISMAN SET RELICS
    Name: Relics
    Partial name: relics
    Description: A set of Talismans related to Relics.
    Talismans:
    the Equilibrium Gem (eqgem)
    the War Veil (warveil)
    Huskmaker (huskmaker)

So yaaaaaa. Globes in October are going to sell like CRAZY.
    Will trade first born son for this.  He was always a mommas boy anyway. 
  • Those have been there since those relics first went in. I always assumed they were just split into talismans in the initial digsite.

• edited September 2014
    I dreamt that the EQ gem had already reset into Jhui's hands. :(

Not sure I want to log on and check.
  • Reset to a pixie, some noob has it now, I think. Don't worry.

i'm a rebel

• I'm totally going against the grain here, but @Jhui is spot on with his posts. And I'm team blue, so it holds some weight.

If you meta Achaea, and min/max EQ speed to the degree @Jhu has, while playing a class that is viciously strong when it comes to support utility -- you SHOULD be considered overpowered. 

We can't fault the guy for winning Achaea. Hell, I *ALMOST* beat him in a duel (Lucky ass wake saved his petty little life :smiley: ) - so it CAN be done. You've just got to realize you're facing Goliath as David, and fight accordingly.

Relics, in my personal opinion, are a neat 'perk' to Achaea, but how the system works rewards the already victorious. This setup creates a larger gap in the ability / skill void that exists, doing the exact opposite of the administrations intention. I believe changing it to effectively be 'bound' to the person who discovers it and not being transferable on death would make it a bit more entertaining, especially if the relics were pulled off of honors mobs and instead put on or in areas that are accessible by any level 70+ player, making it truly a game of speed and wits to capture. This would also give it a fair shake to players within cities that don't have 10 dragons willing to help grind out the death of one denizen for the relic.

Keep on keeping on, @Jhui - I haven't put in the time or effort you have, and I can't expect to walk on an even playing field considering you've paved the road you walk entirely by known mechanics.

Revise the Relic system itself, in its entirety, and we will see the issue likely fixed and not spoken of again.

Keep it as it is, making them transferable on death, and we will continue down the path Achaea is currently set on.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• Team Red knows it but hasn't said it, but having the staff on top of the eq gem/diadem/quick witted/drs adds very little speed to him.

Diadem + quick witted + drs is already imbalanced mental afflicting and crush speed, throw in the EQ gem and it's ridiculous, the staff is just icing on the cake.

A lot of people are saying the EQ gem/staff is fine because only one person in the entire game can get it. Well, entirely ignoring what horrible logic that is, you don't need the staff to be OP with the eq gem.

• You don't need EQ to be OP as monk either. 35-45% prep combos with 20% crushes is a lot of damage output and is hard to mitigate. Iakimen crushed me in 4 combos in Mir with good blunt ring, lvl2 sip, lvl1 regeneration and bracelets/belt (which don't matter on percent based attacks)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Good thing monk isn't supreme in single combat. 
  • edited September 2014
    Iuneos said:
    Good thing monk isn't supreme in single combat. 

It actually is, at all levels other than "top tier", which I personally would define as the top 3% of the playerbase.  (In case that was sarcasm on your part, my response is the same, however I don't see anything particularly OP about monk.  It's only "supreme" because so many players refuse to learn how to avoid extremely easily avoided kill setups.)

At top-tier, it (like many other classes) becomes more or less useless, even with full level 3 artie set + TFs etc, once people know how to properly avoid its several easily recognizable kill setups.  

Daeir said:
    Monks need a complete rework, imo. No one class should have single and group combat supremacy.

1v1 monk is fine, but I agree that in general, the weight of group combat competency is (and always has been) massively slanted towards a few specific classes, which is pretty dumb.

Eventually, I think an interesting idea would be a around of classleads specifically designed to address the unevenness of group combat usefulness of classes.  While I don't honestly think that monk is "too good", I definitely think that it is far better than most other classes - however I think that the fault lies in the other classes, not monk.  [ You could say that it is "OP" based on combat balance, in other words - however I am saying that I think it'd be better to simply increase other classes group combat potency to restore the balance, vice contuining to nerf monk group combat into being equally terrible. ] 

As of now, there is a list of like 5-7 classes that I simply won't touch, purely because they are useful in 90% of combat (group combat).  That suggests they are simply too weak, not that monk is too strong (it has already been nerfed repeatedly, and is honestly fine as is, ignoring things like Staff of Nicator/relics).
  • Iuneos said:
    Good thing monk isn't supreme in single combat. 
    have you even fought a monk they do so much dmg
  • Daeir said:
    Monks need a complete rework, imo. No one class should have single and group combat supremacy.
    Icewalls and monoliths will shut them down 10 times out of 10.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• Fuck almost 100% agreed with ernam until his last sentence. Almost thought the world was ending