Character Ressurection

I have been gone from Achaea for a long time, several years. Tried to return last year but got overwhelmed and quit. I really don't know if I should continue to try and play the character I created or go a new route. I was a Serpent who I love the idea of but the combat is too insane.

I also like the idea of Paladins, Runewardens, Druid, and Sylvan. I really need advice if I should suicide and start over from the beginning or change class or what I should do. I am not embraced yet, but soon would be.

Advice?

Comments

• If you're not embraced, you can just change class without losing (many) lessons.
  • Yeah I know I can but I love the idea of being a sneaky spy which is why I choose to be a serpent in the first place, but if I'm slow on reflexes and never could get a preset healing kit to work, can I play a serpent?
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Serpent has changed quite dramatically since the last time you played, if it was several years ago.

1: Theft was reworked quite a bit, Serpents now have a "pickpocket" ability that also works on denizens.
    2: Illusions are no longer a major PvP strategy for Serpents, because...
    3: Achaea now has a built-in curing system that is invulnerable to illusions.

Play around with the new Serpents to see how much you like them versus how they used to be.

• Wow, okay yeah that is a lot different. I will play around a bit. Thanks for the help.
  • Also, dex changes. Dex is much more important for things like garrote speed and pickpocket channel time, phase channel time, etc. so be sure to take that into account.
  • Had a look I am embraced, forgot that. Still going to try and stick it out just need some basic equipment since it all degraded
  • I have restarted as a new character now, but I have an Roleplay question. Is it possible for an adventurer to be half a race which only includes denizens. Like Ophidian or Gnoll?
  • Sitha said:
    I have restarted as a new character now, but I have an Roleplay question. Is it possible for an adventurer to be half a race which only includes denizens. Like Ophidian or Gnoll?
    Well... It's been done, but typically looked down upon by most serious RP'ers. And some of the not so serious, too. Personally, I'd avoid it.
  • ok thanks for the advice, I'll ho another way
  • For some reason, now I'm thinking of Fleetwood Mac.

"You can ho your own way (ho your own waaaaaay)."
  • Anedhel said:
    For some reason, now I'm thinking of Fleetwood Mac.

"You can ho your own way (ho your own waaaaaay)."
    Might as well be "ho your own way" considering that's precisely what the song is about.
  • haha, just checked back on this, I guess ots obvious I meant go, but my spell errors are always good for a laugh.
  • I like how I got a disagree from Eld about something which is objectively factual (it's a song about Stevie Nicks written by Lindsay Buckingham about how awful she was to him, and he sealed the deal by getting her to sing backup vocals).
  • Bukariin said:
    I like how I got a disagree from Eld about something which is objectively factual (it's a song about Stevie Nicks written by Lindsay Buckingham about how awful she was to him, and he sealed the deal by getting her to sing backup vocals).
    And Stevie Nicks was a prostitute?
  • Packing up
    Shacking up's all you want to do
    It's figurative dude.
  • Figurative things are rarely objective or precise! "Hoing", to me, specifically denotes prostitution, I didn't see any evidence in the lyrics for the song being about such, so I disagreed. Not the end of the world.