Shared XP and Assists

Comments

• Party seems like a pretty fair method of preventing griefers.

• Siduri said:
    @Bukariin : What they want is to prevent griefers from running into the room, hitting the loser before he dies, and running away with the XP. They're looking to make sure the XP split is allowed between all parties, hence why they suggested the ally list. I still think it's far more logical for it to be same org/party (thus non-org members can benefit IF they're in the party).
    You'd have to be pretty tricky/clever/lucky to actually get one hit in within that five second window. 
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Bukariin said:
    Siduri said:
    @Bukariin : What they want is to prevent griefers from running into the room, hitting the loser before he dies, and running away with the XP. They're looking to make sure the XP split is allowed between all parties, hence why they suggested the ally list. I still think it's far more logical for it to be same org/party (thus non-org members can benefit IF they're in the party).
    You'd have to be pretty tricky/clever/lucky to actually get one hit in within that five second window. 
    Nah. if the 5 second timer resets, you just headslam every 5 seconds.
  • Strata said:
    Bukariin said:
    Siduri said:
    Nah. if the 5 second timer resets, you just headslam every 5 seconds.
    In which case this isn't "griefing" it's "attacking"

I believe @Siduri's concern was somebody popping into the room, attacking once, and hopping out to get in on the XP, which isn't that feasible if there's a 5-second window.  If you're literally sitting in the room attacking somebody, then you're an attacker and can be killed like anybody else.
  • then kill them for interferring, not much different than stealing a kill randomly, just easier, but the reward is less too.
  • Good time to be a Serpent
  • Worst case scenario is a bunch of non-defenders decide that they want to try to get in on expees by sniping raiders, get killed then or later, raise a big fuss about how they weren't actually defending or still don't want to be treated as defenders, and we get to have a laugh at that.
  • @Bukariin : You read me wrong, I'm absolutely unconcerned by this :smiley: 
    Just suggesting a solution to the problem outlined by @Strata on page 1, if it was even a real concern.

• You hear that @Makarios‌ ?  GET TO WORK
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    YES! AUTO-ISSUING!
  • Also I get the feeling a lot of damage dealers and snipers might "forget"  to ally people. Party members is the simplest with the least chance of abuse. 

• Could we do the same with disarming tanks?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • You joke, but..

Melodie has fallen under a volley of arrows

Doesn't sound too bad imho

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    It's so true. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited September 2014
    How about for priests and when they go full support, and just heal/hands/shield allies, and never hit. Do they deserve assists? How would they get them with system?
  • Just to clarify, is this only being done for PvE or does it apply to PvP as well?
  • Well, it'll only apply to PvE at first, but the changes required to adapt the system to PvP shouldn't be too large. It won't be completely "accurate" in the sense that we're not going to worry about whether webbing someone is more or less valuable than afflicting them with asthma, but other than that should work out.
  • edited September 2014
    Lets implement killing sprees too, and multikill deathsights.

ETA: Shutting down Jhui could give random defender X an xp bonus. Obviously killing sprees should only be tracked over a short duration, such as during a raid.

• Would be relatively simple to write a simple script to play the COD (Halo's are better) sound files based on a timer and so on.  Everything you mentioned would translate over to Achaea pretty easily, and would be amusing, for a while.
  • Old school Unreal Tournament sounds ftw.
  • edited September 2014
    Infamy system already in place for aggressive actions. Can piggyback xp flag on that.

Edit: nvm, Tecton/Sarapis have spoken.
  • HodHod
    edited September 2014
    Silas said:
    Lets implement killing sprees too, and multikill deathsights.

ETA: Shutting down Jhui could give random defender X an xp bonus. Obviously killing sprees should only be tracked over a short duration, such as during a raid.
    This is a great idea. If you get another kill within 10 seconds, the next deathsight has a message after it akin to criticals. Hod has scored a DOUBLEKILL! MULTIKILL! ULTRAKILL! MONSTER KILL! LUDICROUS KILL! and HOLY SHIT! (EDIT: It doesn't go off until the window is clear, as to prevent spamming.)

Then for actual raid kills (where you stack up if you don't die): Hod is on a KILLING SPREE! RAMPAGE! DOMINATING! UNSTOPPABLE! GODLIKE!

Maybe change some of them to be more Achaea-y. But personally, I think it would be awesome. (
  • edited September 2014
    LoS (snipes, spears, out of room chokes and crushes, etc) should be excluded from the assist shared xp IMO.
  • Vaehl said:
    LoS (snipes, spears, out of room chokes and crushes, etc) should be excluded from the assist shared xp IMO.
    Why?