I can draw avatars!

Comments

• on second thought realistic Nim would be amazing, unless you really want toon practice. how are you so good at this. why are you doing this for free. i can't even manage capital letters in response to these
  • These are pretty amazing, Tibs. I will hop on board too. This is my character's description:

He is a winged atavian and the skin of his upper right arm is burned into the shape of a crude escarbuncle within a border, Mhaldor's coat of arms. Broad of shoulder and standing a few inches beneath six feet, he is bearing of a proud, regal demeanour. His build is slender and toned, a life lived indoors exhibits itself through his pale complexion. His hair falls freely below his shoulders, a tangled mass of ebony-black held back from his face by a simple leather braid. A length of hair falls beside his ear, tied together with coloured twine and beads, and finished with feathers gathered from an unclear origin. His eyes stare out observantly from his chiseled features, green with flecks of red and orange reflected by the light. An inked tattoo of dark crimson remains printed upon his face below his left eye, in the image of a worn and battered maple leaf. His fingers are long and dexterous, callused on the palms from physical labour. Framing his figure, dark-as-night wings jut magnificently from his back.
    He is wearing:
     a suit of scale mail,
     a formal, shadowy silk shirt,
     a pair of shadowy silk trousers,
     a shadowy silk belt,
     a pair of shadowy gloves,
     a bag of stasis,
     a steel war amulet of blood and ash,
     a canvas backpack,
     a quiver,
     a dark titanium Naga adder bracelet, and
     black military boots.

If you happen to get around to it, thank you! :)

p.s. couldn't figure out how to use spoilers
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    HALOS YES
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Excellent work, love the realism. I would be honored if you did Vayne!

He is a mhun. He stands just a few inches below six feet. His swarthy
    skin attests to his heritage. Reddish-brown hair, tinted with hoary grey, hangs just above his
    piercing green eyes. His peppered auburn hair terminates in long sideburns extending down the length
    of his jaw. A small circular scar rests upon the centre of his forehead. A subtle disarming smile
    rests upon his face.

• Yes. So much yes. Do want!

He is a frog-like grook with most of his body enveloped in dark robes, making the majority of his figure indistinguishable. Looking underneath the edge of his hood, all you can see is his white mask. Completely featureless, the mask covers his entire face concealing him from view with nothing but a very slight glint of light from the slits that make the eyeholes to indicate that he is aware of his surroundings. Protruding from the ends of his sleeves you can see a pair of bony, pale-green hands, glistening lightly with moisture.

I don't have the mask's description, but it's basically completely featureless and has two slits for eyeholes.

• CylaCyla Yggdrasil
    Here's her description:

Cyla stands five foot three. She has a lithe, toned body, with snowy white wings swaying from her back. Her green eyes are bright and alert, reflecting a youthful innocence. Her jet black hair is cut short and shaggy, shaping her delicately angled face almost boyishly, with heavy layered bangs nearly hiding her eyes. Full lips pulled back in an almost perpetual smile, two delicate fangs are revealed.

I guess since you do headshots the only really iconic feature is her black bandana, which I always picture tied loosely around her neck.

Also I totes don't want to sound demanding because you're super awesome, but if it helps the description I kinda pictured a badass head-tilted-back pose kinda going on. If that's a hindrance to drawing, of course whatever you draw will be beautiful!

(Party): Marcalo says, "You will want hypno in place."

(Party): Marcalo says, "When you attempt this lock."

(Party): Marcalo says, "So as to make it roughsex."

• Absolutely gorgeous work, Tibitha.  I've been making do with pictures that kind of look like Sara that I find, but I would love one of yours one day.  You've been absolutely swamped though with requests, so whenever you have the time, I would love to send you Saralynne's description.  I also would pay for such beautiful work, in credits, if not in free jewelery designing for you for whatever you might like for your character. Anyways, welcome to Achaea, and I hope that you've moved to Cyrene, to become a star of our artistic city! <3
  • CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    edited September 2014

Finally...here is my description...now that I am on a computer...Sorry it's so long! (I too do not understand the spoiler thingy..)

He is a graceful tsol'aa. Standing at five foot nine inches tall, his body is built up of strong and 
    wiry muscles as a result of many hours of practice in combat. His eyes are his most striking feature.
     They range from a dark blue on the outside to green. The pupils of his eyes re not shaped normally 
    but into two oval shapes coming to points at the top and bottom of his pupils clearly revealing his 
    rajamalan ancestry. His eyes are stern and constantly scanning his surroundings. In addition to his 
    eyes, he has light tiger like tattoos along his neck, shoulders, and jaw line. His face itself is 
    somewhat slender, having a smallish nose and full lips. Another very noticeable aspect of his face, 
    is a jagged scar running from the corner of his right eye,down his cheek and ending just below his 
    mouth. He has large pointed ears, characteristic to that of a tsol'aa. His hair is cut short and 
    styled into a spiked hair style, with just enough hair in the back to be gathered into a small 
    ponytail. His hair itself is a dishwater blonde color with light blonde highlights due to many hours 
    in the sun. Upon looking at him, one can tell he has been through much. His left forearm is gnarled 
    by ugly burn scar, as well as on his left shoulder is a scar from an old stab wound. On the right 
    side of his neck are deep claw marks where an animal of some kind tore at his throat. Near the 
    center of his chest there is what seems to be a large scar of some sort.  His knuckles are gnarled 
    with many scars  as well as the fact that he is also missing his right hand little finger.Upon the 
    palm of his left hand is the scar of the branding of a crude escarbuncle within a border, Mhaldor's 
    coat of arms. 
    -a suit of leather armour, 
    -a bone encrusted blackened steel hoop through his left ear, 
    -a ferocious red dragon stud through his left ear
    -shadowy assassin trousers
    -a pair of comfortable knee-high suede boots
    -a shimmering white satin tekura gi shirt
    -an evening ocean pendant(because this is a custom item and special and possibly in the picture..here is the description. Also for reference...Evening Ocean is his old bladie sword.)
    Kept in golden, red, and blue tones, this heavy pendant is a tribute to the evening oceans. Centred 
    around a fiery ruby red sun, rose-gold rays fan out through the golden sky, only interrupted by a 
    few thin clouds of cobalt. Tiny diamonds are set into the top, depicting the first stars, barely 
    visible among the sun. The ocean itself is cut from blue marble, carefully chosen to create the 
    illusion of small, calm waves during sunset. The piece is held around the wearer's neck by a chain 
    of thick links. The back is plain and presents itself as the perfect spot for an engraving.

PS Got rid of all the uneeded items.

• Saralynne said:
    Absolutely gorgeous work, Tibitha.  I've been making do with pictures that kind of look like Sara that I find, but I would love one of yours one day.  You've been absolutely swamped though with requests, so whenever you have the time, I would love to send you Saralynne's description.  I also would pay for such beautiful work, in credits, if not in free jewelery designing for you for whatever you might like for your character. Anyways, welcome to Achaea, and I hope that you've moved to Cyrene, to become a star of our artistic city! <3
    Targossas for life! Am doing this right?  :p
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    I'd post my description here too, but it's so.. simple, I fear I'd have to rework it first  :|
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Nankaar said:
    Also, Fat Jesus is an awesome rapper name. I'll work that into my title some day.

Just pick a synonym for fat and a synonym for Jesus that go well in Achaea, like the Large Lamb or the True Bovine Vine. Or maybe something less awful, the choices are virtually endless*!

• Here's mine, if you can get around to it.

She is a winged atavian. Crowning the top of her head, thick black hair falls back in messy layers, 
    well past her hips. The bangs are the only thing kept properly trimmed, and rest just above her 
    bright cyan eyes. Her features are smooth and nearly aristocratic with high cheek bones, while her 
    body language betrays more than a hint of confidence with every step. Standing at a full five and a 
    half feet tall, this Atavian's body is set with modest curves easily hidden underneath baggy 
    clothing, and wiry muscle that can't be concealed nearly as well. Spreading from her back are a pair 
    of black wings, the entire wingspan a touch more than double her height. Stark against her sun-
    kissed skin, a tattoo of twisting flames skims the right side of her face and neck, disappearing 
    beneath her clothing, with glimpses visible down the entirety of her form. The back of her left hand 
    displays more ink, this intricate whorling glyph reminiscent of the lapping waves of the restless 
    ocean.

She is wearing:
    a runed silver and amethyst earring through her right ear,
    a pair of cyan-lensed spectacles,
    a fire pendant,
    a suit of leather armour,
    a wild, tribal-style deerskin dress,
    a silken headband with jingling silver bells,
    a cream and gold wool cloak,
    a feathered charm belt of leather and bone,
    fingerless, elbow-length kidskin gloves, and
    soleless, thigh-high leather boots

I'd love to see something more realistic, if possible :)
  • edited September 2014
    I'll jump on the train.

--

(Human) Approximately 6'1" tall and well muscled, yet lithe and wirey, as if his 
    strength were constantly on display. His most prominent attribute is his scars, which layer down the 
    length of his skin below his neck, oddly leaving his face unblemished. These scars are varied in 
    both size and location, giving an impression of a lifetime of hardship, peeking out from behind 
    sections of skin not covered by his garb. His hair is as black as midnight and hangs loosely over 
    his head, straight and pointed, a long section of bangs covering one eye, moving slightly as he 
    breathes, yet seemingly held in place. His eyes strike out at you, sharp and piercing, a burning 
    amber hue that seems amorphous enough to change at any given moment, with hints of red and black 
    escaping at times.  His skin on his face is relatively sunstruck, a light tan hue emanating from it 
    as the light falls upon his gaze. He seems to have long legs and arms for his torso, not spindly or 
    frail, but agile and dextrous, like taught vines attached to a tree trunk. His gaze is perpetually 
    reserved and controlled, a resting face of someone who observes, and considers. He is wearing a 
    serpentine keyring, a wyrmskin pack, 2 earrings of Sinope through his left ear, a loose-fitting pair 
    of black tekura trousers, a bag of stasis, knee-high boots with silver embellishments, a luxurious 
    black top hat, a quiver, a sallet helm with its visor raised, a black shirt, a mysterious snake skin 
    full-length coat, a stylish crimson silk vest, a crocodile skin wrist sheath, a steel war amulet of 
    blood and ash, a Girdle of the Titans, an Aldar Diadem, a buckawn's amulet, a pair of Logosian 
    Gauntlets, spiked knuckles, a Sash of Wisdom, a Collar of Agatheis, a Stygian pendant, a Ceylonese 
    bracelet, and a Circlet of the Will.

I think it might be too to ask you to draw the sallet helm he now wears, but maybe it would be cool to see it imagined since a lot of work went into the events recently and it being one of the rarer items:

Constructed to protect the head, neck, and face of the wearer from injury, this round-skulled helm 
    is a relatively simple piece of armour. Polished to a shine mirroring that of the material's birth, 
    the metal found at the core of a fallen star gleams a bright silvery white. Intricate toolwork 
    etches the distinctive constellation of the Warrior upon the sides of this sallet helm, the markings 
    blackened to stand out against the sheen. A moveable half visor is attached at either side of the 
    reinforced brow, shielding the eyes from harm when lowered while allowing limited vision, and an 
    overlay of lame crafts a short tail that shelters the back of the neck.
    It has 145 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 14 ounce(s).
  • forgot to post description.  He is a Chaos Lord. He is covered in infected sores. He stands over six and a half feet tall and is thin enough that his bones break through his skin. Crooked teeth, yellowing and rotten, have been
    filed down to fine points and are covered in ichor and blood. His spiky purple hair is matted and 
    greasy--a few strands  hang over his one good eye.  His eye is a dark violet, crackling with chaotic
    energy and void of sclera, although it constantly cries a light green liquid and both are nearly
    covered in black, cancerous growths. Twisted and knotted, his spine bulges out of his back, covered
    in black, mushroom like tumors. His fungus covered fingernails are long, thick and sharp. The mark
    of the twin, II, has been carved haphazardly all over his emaciated body. The mark on his left arm
    is deep, cut to the bone, and infested with maggots, while the mark on his forehead glows a soft
    violet and oozes with pus and blood.

He is wearing a living third eye upon his brow, a Collar of Diablerie, a pair of
    buckawn's boots, a ring of pestilence, an Amulet of the Moon, a ring of endurance, a Ceylonese ring,
    a mouldy and bloodstained top hat bearing the mark of the Twin, a glittering ring of vitality, a
    wyvernskin pack, a Sash of Wisdom, a Torc of Telepathy, an Aldar Diadem, a commemorative brooch, a
    ring of flying, a Ceylonese bracelet, an unruly opossum hide cloak, and a man's gown of fabulous,
    sequined, pink chiffon.

• edited September 2014
    I'm tempted to post a written description of myself irl just to see if you'd produce a picture that looks just like me. Kidding aside, I'd bet you would make a fantastic criminal sketch artist/caricature artist etc. If you're not a professional artist already.
  • Flair said:

forgot to post description.  He is a Chaos Lord. He is covered in infected sores. He stands over six and a half feet tall and is thin enough that his bones break through his skin. Crooked teeth, yellowing and rotten, have been
    filed down to fine points and are covered in ichor and blood. His spiky purple hair is matted and 
    greasy--a few strands  hang over his one good eye.  His eye is a dark violet, crackling with chaotic
    energy and void of sclera, although it constantly cries a light green liquid and both are nearly
    covered in black, cancerous growths. Twisted and knotted, his spine bulges out of his back, covered
    in black, mushroom like tumors. His fungus covered fingernails are long, thick and sharp. The mark
    of the twin, II, has been carved haphazardly all over his emaciated body. The mark on his left arm
    is deep, cut to the bone, and infested with maggots, while the mark on his forehead glows a soft

He is wearing a living third eye upon his brow, a Collar of Diablerie, a pair of
    buckawn's boots, a ring of pestilence, an Amulet of the Moon, a ring of endurance, a Ceylonese ring,
    a mouldy and bloodstained top hat bearing the mark of the Twin, a glittering ring of vitality, a
    wyvernskin pack, a Sash of Wisdom, a Torc of Telepathy, an Aldar Diadem, a commemorative brooch, a
    ring of flying, a Ceylonese bracelet, an unruly opossum hide cloak, and a man's gown of fabulous,
    sequined, pink chiffon.

Dude...you ugly. But some how it works. If I saw Flair irl..I would probably puke. :P

• SaralynneSaralynne Cyrene
    edited September 2014
    Tibitha said:
    Saralynne said:
    Absolutely gorgeous work, Tibitha.  I've been making do with pictures that kind of look like Sara that I find, but I would love one of yours one day.  You've been absolutely swamped though with requests, so whenever you have the time, I would love to send you Saralynne's description.  I also would pay for such beautiful work, in credits, if not in free jewelery designing for you for whatever you might like for your character. Anyways, welcome to Achaea, and I hope that you've moved to Cyrene, to become a star of our artistic city! <3
    Targossas for life! Am doing this right?  :p
    Aww, well Targossas is nice too.  Anyways, here is my description, just in case you make it past the onslaught of all these eager patrons! ;)

She is a Siren with long locks of lustrous auburn hair that spill about her shoulders,
    flowing down her back to nearly reach her bottom. Hazel eyes peek out from behind long,
    curling lashes, underneath slender, slightly arched eyebrows. The features of her face are
    stunning, with delicate cheekbones, a slender nose, and full lips that look to be painted with
    a dark red stain. Her flawless complexion is slightly tanned, giving her skin a slight glow of
    warmth. Her figure is long and graceful, though full of the voluptuous nature common to most
    of her race. With a slender neck, heavy and well developed bosom, smooth and toned waist,
    generous hips and rounded bottom leading to long and graceful legs, her posture and demeanor
    seems at once both elegant and demure, yet always perfectly posed to accentuate her various charms.

She is currently wearing an off the shoulder, midnight brocade gown of velvet and satin.  Off the shoulders, silver satin clinging to the bust, midnight velvet brocade forming the corseted bodice and most of the skirt, with the rest being silver satin. That's a rough description, without copying and pasting one of Roselie's lovely detailed gowns in a section that would be as long as my description, hehe.  Anyways, such a pleasure to view what you have done so far in this thread.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Jebus people are practically burying the poor kid under requests  :o
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    Jebus people are practically burying the poor kid under requests  :o
    I know, she could totally make a mint off of all of us here, win all the artisinals for the forseeable future....the sky is the limit.  Or maybe not, since she's already become a star in Achaea!
  • Flair said:

forgot to post description.  He is a Chaos Lord. He is covered in infected sores. He stands over six and a half feet tall and is thin enough that his bones break through his skin. Crooked teeth, yellowing and rotten, have been

sequined, pink chiffon.

Ugly is hard to draw... this one's going to be one hell of a challenge!
  • Can vouch for @Melodie, she's a great customer. I made a portrait for her 8 years ago, and she was pleasing to work with (and paid good credits).

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Aerek said:
    But Melodie, you've already got a fancy avatar drawn by a talented artist. Shouldn't you commission one for your poor, betrayed, erstwhile husband?

Remember to tip her generously.
    We could get one of me ripping your heart out!

(You do need a good portrait through.)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby