Classleads September 2014

Get your classlead idea criticized here first. A lot of them are really bad. Discuss them too I guess.

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    edited September 2014
    Wondering if it's worth submitting any for shaman class. What's happening with it has been pretty vague, and almost sounds like we'll be getting some skillsets replaced with something different entirely. If not...

Would be nice to see something added in runelore since we can't use runeblades, lagua, lagul, or laguz. A shaman only INT rune would be nice, or some kind of rune that regens endurance and/or willpower for the shaman user only similar to that of the campfire and grove rain. We don't really see any benefit from the STR rune, except for those of us shamans who are dragons. It's fine for runewardens, but shamans most often seem to spec to CON or INT.

Edit: Would also be nice to have runebinding work on our shields. Uses the same runes/ink as runicarmour, and shamans are a lot squishier than runewardens. Not sure if any of this is too OP or unreasonable, but a girl can dream!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    Wondering if it's worth submitting any for shaman class. What's happening with it has been pretty vague, and almost sounds like we'll be getting some skillsets replaced with something different entirely. If not...

Would be nice to see something added in runelore since we can't use runeblades, lagua, lagul, or laguz. A shaman only INT rune would be nice, or some kind of rune that regens endurance and/or willpower for the shaman user only similar to that of the campfire and grove rain. We don't really see any benefit from the STR rune, except for those of us shamans who are dragons. It's fine for runewardens, but shamans most often seem to spec to CON or INT.
    We have to throw the kitchen sink at them to hopefully get any Shaman changes, dooz it @Kayeil!!!
  • I'd go ahead and submit Shaman classleads, the worst that can happen is that they'll be declined, and the best that can happen is it can be accepted or they will consider the issue addressed when fixing up the Shaman class.

An int rune probably won't happen, but an increased willpower rune for only the user is possible. 
  • Make it so you can't force BREAK TRANCE on Monks, just like with Blademasters.
  • Oh and also mention if you don't mind me being blunt/ripping apart your ideas. Gets annoying being tactical when criticizing a combat idea/change that I really think is a bad idea (such as Draqoom's 2 kick or 4 punch stances, etc).

Force break trance is fine to classlead.
  • edited September 2014
    there should be ability that telepath user gain a defence against other telepath who tried to perma-jhui a poor soul by cause a backlash such as loss of balance and other thing... B)   :D

I don't know if mind barrier deny telepath from using mind disrupt on person whom is protected by mind barrier. Just a food for thought.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Kayeil said:
    We don't really see any benefit from the STR rune, except for those of us shamans who are dragons.
    Jera gives con as well as strength, so it's still useful for everyone.
  • Mind throw while impaled should cause damage the same way tumble does. Potentially also respecting torso breaks.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited September 2014
    That'd still make it underwhelming for blademasters. Can do that for knight and have a different effect for bm.

Edit: On second thought, impaleslash may make the current situation not as bad for BMs.
  • Ask Iakimen what can happen on a tumble-damage follow through with a BM. It is stoppable sure, but it is effective.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I'd like opinions on Classlead 1 for the artefact quiver. It is my first one. I'd prefer solution two, personally.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    @Datrius I like solution 1 the most, I would buy an arte quiver if the arrow limit was raised.

• edited September 2014
    Of all the things in the world.. I would just like to see reduced damage to kai choke. It's nutsy.
    edit: I know there are means of stopping it, yes, but when it hits... yowza

• Can't force break trance anymore. Hrish, you people.
  • Surprised Jera hasn't gone the way Imperian did, to be honest. Knight sketching Jera gives str/con, Wytch (shaman) sketching it gives int/con.

Alchemist affliction rate really needs to be looked at/addressed in these classleads I think, now that people actually know how they function. Also homunculus block, please.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    moar group combat abilities plz

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Atalkez said:
    Ask Iakimen what can happen on a tumble-damage follow through with a BM. It is stoppable sure, but it is effective.
    Yes, but at higher tiers it won't really matter.
  • Vaehl said:
    That'd still make it underwhelming for blademasters. Can do that for knight and have a different effect for bm.

Edit: On second thought, impaleslash may make the current situation not as bad for BMs.
    Could make it so that throw-impale without impaleslash is just damage. Throw impale with impaleslash is half damage but the equivalent of a blade twist in bleed damage which is ~150-200 I believe. 

For knights just always damage.

• Blademasters literally do not need any help whatsoever vs. tumble.

Tumbling isn't even a counter to BM-impale. 

Seriously, what are you guys even talking about?

• See. The simplest thing would be to make the monk unable to mind throw while impaled. That's unfun. Removing decisions isn't good for combat. The blademaster reacting to the monk's decision is good. The monk having to make a decision is good.

Without giving it much thought I'd do something like if not impaleslashed the throw gives impaleslash and one bladetwist bleed. If impaleslashed then either one bladetwist bleed or like 350.
  • edited September 2014
    Santar said:
    Blademasters literally do not need any help whatsoever vs. tumble.

Tumbling isn't even a counter to BM-impale. 

Seriously, what are you guys even talking about?
    Mind throw. Not tumble.

His reference to tumble was about tumble damage.

• Finally submitted my Jera alternative classlead (# 28)  Been sitting on that baby for like 3 rounds now.

Also put in a few other good ones (I think), including one to "fix" Pithakhan that I think runies will love.
  • The mind throw thing is obviously imbalanced and should see a nerf this round of classleads. 

I thought you guys were arguing that there needed to be some extra type of BM buff to impale, so was lolling about that.

• We aren't talking about a buff but merely an actual repercussion for an ability to match other similar scenarios.

• Those Physiology 'leads tho, please don't buff Alchemists... :neutral_face: 

• Oh godddd. Toss up between Jinsun's lead, Draqoom's and Cadarus' for worst claslead/knowledge of their classes.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Changing elevation should not stop displace.