EQ Gem/Staff of Nicator.

would it be possible to make EQ gem not stack with the EQ benefit of the staff of Nicator? .6 second telepathy is just ridiculous and it doesn't add anything useful to the combat environment, just a huge barrier to people even wanting to fight.

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited September 2014
    Blah, blah, earned, blah blah 

Edit: to be useful,  it really is ridiculous,  but if you had worked your ass off for staff and it got nerfed,  how happy would you be? The gem in general was a terrible idea. 
  • Can we stop making things that decrease equilibrium please?
  • edited September 2014
    Lol flabberfoozle off. Stop whining dude. One guy with it that you just happened to piss off and he didn't even have it there.

• Adds a great layer for his game. Why should else nerf something that is bolstering his game? Because it hinders yours?

I would say let's not forget the staff was 100% won through willpower over the course of a RL week and is only given once every 100 years. Certainly something to be a "buff" as that is kind of the point.

The Gem is new, and again has to be meticulously worked at to get it. If you think Jhui is solo'ing the Grandmaster or Ulrich then idk what to tell ya.

Sure they stack to make it completely OP, and could certainly be looked at but I would chalk this up with bedevil impale slash or monk throw while Impaled.

Not working exactly as intended but the hole isn't big enough to fix either. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • The perma-disrupt is a little obnoxious. Can do something to change disrupt overlapping, rather than nerfing Jhui tho.

• Dunn, if he didn't have it when you guys ganked me then why would you assume I was talking about that? And then to be so automatically inflamatory about it just automatically?
  • Automatically automatically. Yes. Then you come into Eleusis while we're fighting and start swinging at Jhui. That's cute.

• yes...for the same reason I went into Annwyn to disrupt you guys even if it meant certain death, to try to keep it out of Jhui's hands at all costs.
  • Even in the face of city relations? Yeah, you thought about that a lot.

• Wait, let me get this clear. The guys who sent Kasa to ask to duel me, then ganked me with 5 people as soon as I told him I was at NoNT are criticizing me for doing something despicable like defending Eleusis when it is in my and Targossas' best interests? Riiiiiight
  • Herenicus said:
    At least he makes an effort to roleplay now instead of landing on my text village like a giant sack of arcade quarters.
    to be fair, i was like 15 years old :(
  • edited September 2014
    Uh what. I don't even know who Kasa is. That is the coolest story ever, though. Why would we do that when we could just as simply fly into Targ and earring our entire city in to kill you? That seems a little more complicated.

• Dunn said:
    Uh what. I don't even know who Kasa is. That is the coolest story ever, though. Why would we do that when we could just as simply fly into Targ and earring our entire city in to kill you? That seems a little more complicated.
    I agree, delete earrings. Problem solved.

Oh wait, that's not what's being suggested? Oh well, do it anyway then look at this gem thingy.

• I said that ironically in the spirit of the other hilarious thread.

• i only had like buckawns+diadem (earned in game) back then, but i did have dragon + class.  I was the unartied kid on the block!

• Hasar said:
    The perma-disrupt is a little obnoxious. Can do something to change disrupt overlapping, rather than nerfing Jhui tho.
    Seems much more reasonable to make disrupt equivalent to stun. Disrupting while concentrating not stacking. 
  • edited September 2014

As long as it is possible to disrupt equilibrium longer than the ability's actual balance cost to do inflict it, it is going to be broken

Even if it didn't overlap, players can still be disrupted if off limb balance, which means that it'd be a simple matter of timing the use of the mind disrupt command every [insert duration of eq disruption] to achieve the exact same effect.  Since absolutely nothing in the game stops Mind Disrupt, it isn't as if 10ms of "window" between disrupts would allow any form of prevention, aside from active hindrance like hangedman, however since all forms of active hindrance also require balance to use, the effect (permanently removing the target's balance) is identical.

It's simply a matter of unintended non-diminishing effects from 5-6 different factors that were never designed to all be used simultaneously.  It needs fixed, but I'm not holding my breath.  Just don't interact with Jhui, including the raids where he and his crew earring in and spam 40% damage kai chokes every .7 seconds, until the mechanics are fixed, or until he decides to play fairly (although yesterday he specifically mentioned that he knows that it's totally broken, and intends on using it as much as he can until it is fixed).
  • Being prone stops it 
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Does this guy issue everyone too? jfc.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Guaranteed this thread would not exist if Iakimen had the staff.
  • edited September 2014
    Jesus christ, is the new trend to complain about Jhui about everything? Dude he legit won the staff through a lot of effort during a full real life week, this isn't the rule it's the exception. Just deal with it.
  • I love the idea of super powerful objects that -can't- be bought.  Jhui put in work, and so did his city.  He deserves to be near god-like.

• Dunn said:
    Lol fuck off. Stop whining dude. One guy with it that you just happened to piss off and he didn't even have it there.
    They removed level 2 bonus eq from Grook for a reason.

EQ trait + diadem + staff + eq gem = incredibly broken to the point of ridiculousness. It doesn't matter that only one person has it.

• Herenicus said:
    Jhui said:
    Herenicus said:
    At least he makes an effort to roleplay now instead of landing on my text village like a giant sack of arcade quarters.
    to be fair, i was like 15 years old :(
    Man, you must've had one helluva paper route!
    He was pretty much unartied then. He had the incredibly broken dragon runewarden class though.

• the relics and the staff weren't built around balance...odd comparison Cooper.