Achaean Regrets

Comments

• A few regrets...one being how much of an ass I was at one point due to entirely ooc circumstances to some people. Another being how I never stick around long enough to advance into anything most of the time, and have never really taken on many roles of responsibility or done a good job when I did. 
  • I want to see this code too. So I could play with it.
  • for some reason I have no regrets.
  • Ourania said:
    It's written in fingerpaint on the side of a cave wall.
    And merely glimpsing the code's reflection can induce a state of petrification, the likes of which can only be undone by a potion involving mandrakes.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • NimNim
    edited September 2014
    see I objectively know that should make me not want to read it, but really it just makes me want to read it even more.

I have to know what sort of mentality spawned it, and what sort of shape it's in to cause such dread and terror. Part of me wants to help it, part of me wants to know if it can even be helped, and a teeny, tiny part of me wants to catalog it away in a little compartment labeled something like 'weapons.'

but most of me just looks at it as a challenge, like some kind of code dragon, and there are all these people running away from it in terror, and gosh darn it if it wouldn't be cool to slay the dragon, or at least figure out how it works and rebuild it into an even more effective dragon that forces people to wear climatically accurate clothing, and makes people uncomfortably wet if they stand outside for too long, and also thunder and lightning, very very frightening.

(You think I ran away with that metaphor and lost it, but consider it your lesson for the day that eastern-style dragons totally had a hand in things like the weather, so it remains captured!)
  • Daeir said:
    I vomited in my mouth a little bit. Oh god. That's not real, is it?
    It makes sense, doesn't it?

• Eld said:
    I regret occasionally clicking on links to recent Metallica songs thinking, "They used to be so good, surely it can't be quite as bad as I'm remembering."

St. Anger was an anomaly. Death Magnetic is actually a pretty baller album. @Batista?

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    it's alright. I can listen to the songs better than I can listen to St. Anger.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Death magnetic is great. Feels like the guys who made right the lightning got mortgages. I'll take it.
  • The one thing I thought was funny about Death Magnetic was the song My Apocalypse, which is hey-guys-we're-totally-not-trying-to-sound-like-Slayer-wink-wink

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I still like the intro to the day that never comes. It's pretty bad ass.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited September 2014
    Mishgul said:
    I still like the intro to the day that never comes. It's pretty bad ass.
    I took a road trip from southern california to San Fran for a festival called Outsidelands back in like 2009 (or something like that idk) with some buddies, and the album had just come out. I remember driving down the highway somewhere in Central California and just loving that intro. So epic. That was the moment we were all like (all of us metal heads and metallica fans) "oh shit this might actually be really good."

-- suicide and redemption really sold it for me, though

Ride The Lightning is one of my favorite albums of all time, and Call of Ktulu is fucking classic and epic, and so them doing another epic instrumental just made me so stoked that they had the balls to do it, and Hetfield got over himself with the "Nyahahhhhhh" stuff.

• edited September 2014
    St Anger gets too much hate. 

I'll agree that it's one of the worst Metallica albums, but it still has some good songs on it. Metallica's other stuff is better, but that doesn't mean I don't like St Anger. I'm a hardcore Metallica fan though, so I like pretty much everything they do.

Aktillum's line about banging on pots and pans made me L my L off though. 

Also, is this the Metallica thread now?

• No. NO. Fuck that. If you're going to derail my thread let's derail it into something personally meaningful.

Nerf minuet.
  • Nim said:

I have to know what sort of mentality spawned it, and what sort of shape it's in to cause such dread and terror. Part of me wants to help it, part of me wants to know if it can even be helped, and a teeny, tiny part of me wants to catalog it away in a little compartment labeled something like 'weapons.'
    Sarapis has talked about learning to code and being self-taught while making Achaea after coming out of Avalon, and taking advice from someone who told him that you should label your variables as unclearly as possible. That way, if anyone steals your code, it will be too confusing for them to use.
    Yeah for some reason a Wikipedia article said it was BatMUD where Sarapis became a wizard/admin and made some room that disabled other wizards.
    Ever since then I figured Jesse Eisenberg would play him in the movie.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Vaehl said:
    Hasar said:
    Vaehl said:
    for some reason I have no regrets.
    What about dying to tinuviel
    sefdmneqoiwdnweimpdmcrwocmwepdls;,qwopej34i0f3048fn0834jfewhfn9uef98jei0fjwe98rh8934hf093hf093jd093hf093hf083h409fh3d08h9d8723h98j984h98rwjsfj98rh98jf3409fj304jfi3h4f034fj0if3j09f34hg0u90f43jf0934039tj9340jf09fj09egh98hf0943j09j034h89erhfo9rg87wf98hg98wn5gusgeh9hfirgwjf9pfj4399ggwetfseurre56tdruy7yhrdtsd6i7t08oi7tu6yr9t87yyr87ij7t6yrtfu7tuyty6ruoi7u67iu6y4ri57yhrtdsgewfidojqw0fjw09eghf89qh98efjfw0iqju948ef98ge7w8hfnurdfuhf8ug87fgg8erhrihwr9hbgrhfew9ipweq qn9fwen9fwjfe98f9fweh9pfwejiwefwe 09fe9f h9qweh 4398g t 748ger8uid iufhfweh9of wq9ihfe pfweiuhufeiq gfeqwuifwequihfeipnposkngupifnpsgjbfpsiahdfpisdhfpihgojsetnjiasfhnwpsgbsuifd

• I totally regret making my first post ever on the public newsboard. @Flair, @Aodfionn. :(

I don't actually have any concrete reasons yet, but I figured I might as well get this out of the way sooner rather than later. Be ahead of the game, you know?
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    @Malorn‌  What flair said. It was a good post. I'm busy hunting up the gold to reply to it.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Public posting costs nothing anymore, I thought.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    It says it does if you don't have the gold out in the newsroom, but apparently it didn't wind up deducting my gold.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Might have to BUG it then.

• Huh I thought something was weird with my gold after posting. Probably something to check yeah.

and I was moostly kidding about regretting it, but thanks for the support guys, heh.