Weird Bashing Quirk

I've been bashing and I'm seeing something that is kind of annoying and I'm wondering what exactly the deal is? Basically this has been happening on a specific denizen I hunt a lot, and it's every single time now that I've noticed it.

First hit: 80% hp
Second hit: 60% hp
Third hit: 40% hp
Fourth hit: 21% hp
Fifth hit: 1% hp
Sixth hit: Dead

Is it regenerating during the fight or is the percentage lying to me?

Comments

• seems more like your attack doesn't do the exact same damage with every hit.
    meh

• It's possible the percentage is rounding out. Say for example it has 1000 health and your attack does 198 damage:

First hit: 802 health = 80.2% hp = 80%
    Second: 604 health = 60.4% hp = 60%
    Third: 406 health = 40.6% = 41%
    Fourth: 208 health = 20.8% = 21%
    Fifth: 10 health = 1%
    Sixth: ded

This is an imperfect comparison as it starts rounding one stage early compared to what you listed, but you get the idea.

As far as I know NPCs do not regenerate health at all until they go to sleep, unless they have a life-drain attack. Some boss-type NPCs or other special cases may behave differently. If the NPC had a life-drain attack you would know it because that shit is op af.
  • Exactly what Mishgul said.

Assuming it's rounding up from 5 and down from 4, but still holding the hidden value:
    100 - 19.8 = 80.2, so 80
    80.2 - 19.8 = 60.4, so 60
    60.4 - 19.8 = 40.6, so 41

It just doesn't show the actual decimals to you, so it looks like a % of health is being added.

• Ah, now that makes sense. Thanks guys.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    As far as I know NPCs do not regenerate health at all until they go to sleep...
    They don't sleep any more, they tend their wounds

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • From the instant you step out of the room, even. As far as I've seen, at least.
  • From what I have seen, if the target isn't in the room on their next balance, they will tend to their wounds if they are above shielding %, otherwise they will shield and start tending when they get the next balance after that.
  • They also don't chase any more, which is stupid, because they're busy tending their wounds.
  • MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    And it seems you can get away from them teaming when they start tending their wounds.

• Rispok said:
    They also don't chase any more, which is stupid, because they're busy tending their wounds.
    Some things still chase - blood leeches, for example.
  • You do 20% per attack?  Jfc

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Against a fairly weak denizen, to be fair.
  • It's actually a conspiracy to increase credit sales by encouraging you to invest in an artifact that will make sure that your target is killed in five attacks rather than six.

I bet.
  • Ainaon said:
    It's actually a conspiracy to increase credit sales by encouraging you to invest in an artifact that will make sure that your target is killed in five attacks rather than six.

I bet.
    I've done more testing, with other classes as well and it's almost UNCANNY how just a little more damage would make a difference. Maybe you are right.
  • I really want one of you to figure out how much time the average level 80 person has wasted in their "lifetime" thanks to this phenomena.
  • I've had them occasionally at 0% hp and they would still be swinging. The conspiracy is real!
  • edited September 2014
    I'm lovin' where this thread has gone.
  • The answer, obviously, is more arties.  #p2p
  • They already offer these artifacts that give just a -little- more damage. Str arties, int arties, weapons etc

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.