Runewarden Vs. Infernal

A friend of mine I have spoken about Achaea with over the years is finally interested in trying it out. She's narrowed things down to wanting to likely play an Infernal or a Runewarden. It is easy enough to figure out they are both Knights, but what are the big differences? Yes, Necromancy and Runelore are completely separate but a bit beyond that? How they play, upkeep (both time and money) requirements, etc.

She, via me, thanks you!

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    Runewarden higher upkeep, due to having to use inks for runelore. It can be a significant cost if she's planning on being a frequent combatant, nowhere near as much if not though.

Infernal the more class fun imo, but as Achilles said, if she doesn't want to be Mhaldorian and Maldaathi, Runewarden it is.
  • Accepted Answer
    Runewarden bashing is superior.

Answers

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Well the biggest difference is you can be Runelore at any of the 6 cities while she (assuming she creates a female character) can only play an Infernal in Mhaldor.
  • Right now her focus is hunting she thinks, until she gets to know people, the game and the mechanics more. She isn't sure if she would have a strong interest in combat or not, ultimately.
  • I feel that Runelore is one of the most boring skillsets in the game. Other than that I have no input.
  • Runelore is neat.
    And she can make money with it, whereas you can't with Necro. Definitely runewarden unless she's prepared for the intensive mhaldor RP.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • I'll pass the info along. Thank you!