Fashioning, and the royal pain that it is.

Comments

• Jester really has no room to complain about Minuet with their hinder.

And lol did I see someone earlier in this thread say Jester has poor hindering? Wtf. 
  • Yes, you did.  Seems we agree on more than one thing today.
  • Ernam said:
    Yes, you did.  Seems we agree on more than one thing today.
    I believe it was Bluef actually.
  • Seftin said:
    Ernam said:
    Yes, you did.  Seems we agree on more than one thing today.
    I believe it was Bluef actually.
    Bluef said:
    Bombs can still be very useful if you know how to use them, but they do have some issues at present. Jesters definitely don't have the same kind of hindering that shamans do, but there are ways to address that. 
  • Which is wrong
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited September 2014
    I play both classes and I don't see a lot of similarity between being able to hinder with curses every 1s, runes and totems amid fashioning and the kind of stuff that jesters use to hinder. I never said jesters couldn't hinder or that they had poor hindering, just that the playstyle is somewhat different as far as hindering goes. 
  • It's not wrong really. It isn't the same type of hindering when you think about it. You might think "omg that's so fake.. jesters have hangedman!" However powerful hangedman is, it's not quite the same. For fashioning Shaman > Jester. For stopping momentum Shaman < Jester.

The reason I say this is because Hangedman takes balance which grants you what, like .5 seconds gained between the time you gain balance back and they writhe? Opposed to dropping runes over an area or hitting with a propped totem. 

No contest, the latter is clearly better for gaining fashions with no resistance.
    The former (hangedman) being better for on the fly ball stomping against affliction classes.
  • So how exactly does Shaman have better hindering than Jester?
  • these poor souls, I bet if they were priest they would think priest sucked too.
  • Jester these days I would go for vlock with sleep in aeon. THEN FASHION THEM HAHAHAHAHAHA (aint that jesterly?) then you kill them with a full puppet
  • i was thinking about this last night before i went to bed. You could slowlock + truelock + sleeplock someone  and not kill em. Why you could collect living specimens even
  • i dont think they could heartstop, someone correct me if im wrong
  • as of now i see jester as the most powerful 1 vs 1 class

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    heartstop goes through aeon and sleep iirc

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • thats lame
  • some people don't want to heartstop tho so theres that
  • a jester could take their hocuspocus's pretty far if they wanted too. Gonna end this with that
  • Jovolo said:
    So how exactly does Shaman have better hindering than Jester?
    @Kaie @Bluef @Achimrst
  • Brb going Jester

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited September 2014
    Jovolo said:
    Jovolo said:
    @Kaie @Bluef @Achimrst
    Why for art thou summoning me Combat God @Jovolo?

I never said Shaman have better hindering than Jester >.> I don't even know wtf Jesters do other than they have puppets and itching powder gives impatience or something. Oh and OMG I freaking hate tarot... this is why I don't play occultist anymore or jester at all :P

Um, so anyway. Shaman can force a tumble and throw you into runes and bind. I guess that is hindery. Force tumble and leave to prop a totem might be fun although I have never tried it and depending on the totem configuration it can he hindery. Um...can't blight sleep right now because of serverside curing last I checked so that's out, you can blight dizzy or bind and mangle or something....WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME HARD QUESTIONS!

Edit2: Continuously blight dizzy and curse paralyse? Just another idea I had in the three seconds since I edited.

• Why did you disagree when I said Jesters have better hindering than Shamans, then...?
  • Jovolo said:
    Why did you disagree when I said Jesters have better hindering than Shamans, then...?
    Basically because we have totems which can transfix, paralyze and put you to sleep. Then we can immediately begin attacking with a doll to add a bind and slow you.
  • riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
  • Ok, time to make this thread obsolete.
  • Oh God, you made him go Jester.
  • Talysin said:
    Oh God, you made him go Jester.
    Works for me, gives me someone to work with and bounce ideas off of. I've found one tactic I can do that uses zero fashions and no prep, but Jesus it's terrifying depending on if the concussionbomb is much longer than what I set it for. 
  • Jovolo said:
    @Jovolo man, if you'd simply utilize those eyes to read the post. I never said Shaman has "better" hindering. I said it's not exactly the same. The styles are apples and oranges. Each has their shortcomings, but if you're talking simply about just using hindering to fashion. then Shaman is where it's at because it won't consume balance to hinder via runes/totems. It's a pointless conversation anyways, fashioning is boring and time consuming for everyone.
  • Kaie said:
    Jovolo said:
    @Jovolo man, if you'd simply utilize those eyes to read the post. I never said Shaman has "better" hindering. I said it's not exactly the same. The styles are apples and oranges. Each has their shortcomings, but if you're talking simply about just using hindering to fashion. then Shaman is where it's at because it won't consume balance to hinder via runes/totems. It's a pointless conversation anyways, fashioning is boring and time consuming for everyone.
    There's also the fact that if someone -really- wants to escape a Jester they can, the RNG on peels is absolutely horrible, even if you drop 10 of them which is blatantly obscene. Two classes can evade out of them with no penalty, one can raido out if there isn't a mono down, another two can pilgrimage out with no mono, flying out isn't hindered, nor is duanathar if you're outdoors. At that point all they have to do is run away and wait for the doll the unravel itself and they're usually happy to come at you again if you feel like expending the energy again.

In all honesty Jester is almost a strictly support class with the current design, if I recall reportedly @Tecton‌ mentioned something about Jester getting an overhaul, but I could be wrong. Right now the current feeling on Jester is a lot of frustration, I only got my one slowlock move working because @Dartega‌ happened to point out a few things that actually showed the validity of it. As @Kaie mentioned, most of the people saying "Lol, Jester is easy, clearly you're a nub" aren't of the class and giving suggestions that still involve utilizing fashions in order to get ahead in fashioning, which derails from the original purpose of the thread.
  • Kaie said:

Achimrst said:
    Basically because we have totems which can transfix, paralyze and put you to sleep. Then we can immediately begin attacking with a doll to add a bind and slow you.

Kaie said:
    It's not wrong really. It isn't the same type of hindering when you think about it.

Bluef said:
    I play both classes and I don't see a lot of similarity between being able to hinder with curses every 1s, runes and totems amid fashioning and the kind of stuff that jesters use to hinder. I never said jesters couldn't hinder or that they had poor hindering, just that the playstyle is somewhat different as far as hindering goes. 
    Bluef said:
    Bombs can still be very useful if you know how to use them, but they do have some issues at present. Jesters definitely don't have the same kind of hindering that shamans do, but there are ways to address that. 

Jovolo said:
    Jovolo said:
    @Kaie @Bluef @Achimrst

It's already been stated. ^^^More than once. I never ever, ever, ever said it was better, just different.